The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Embarrassing

Nimrod · 268 · 36645

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 27 2007 on  11:07 AM
I learned about this in the Most Extreme episode Battle of the Sexes.

LOL.  I thought you were going to say something like "I learned this in human biology class in college" :lol
I never took human biology, and I never went to college. ^^;

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't recall the details but I recall seeing something that explained some of the differences in that the male mind is like rooms in a house in that he is in this or that room, and women are more like the house has one large room.  So sharing one's feelings is a specific room in the house, watching tv is another room, ect.  

Also the male prefers to focus on one thing at a time, and the female samples things and quickly goes from thing to thing.  Like the male will focus on a tv show, but a female will focus a few seconds on the tv show, then on what is in the room they are in, back to the tv, ect.  

Likely there are differences in the way the two genders think.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Kor,Dec 27 2007 on  11:58 AM
Yeah I agree. And it's likely due to not just differences in the way the brains are wired but possibly due to different levels of hormones.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Kor,Dec 27 2007 on  10:58 AM
I don't recall the details but I recall seeing something that explained some of the differences in that the male mind is like rooms in a house in that he is in this or that room, and women are more like the house has one large room.  So sharing one's feelings is a specific room in the house, watching tv is another room, ect.  

Also the male prefers to focus on one thing at a time, and the female samples things and quickly goes from thing to thing.  Like the male will focus on a tv show, but a female will focus a few seconds on the tv show, then on what is in the room they are in, back to the tv, ect.  

I heard about that, but in a nother way. I heard that if a woman is going to a party, she knows after 10 minutes how much people are on the party. And who is there together. Men know when they go in a house, where is the bath where is the kitchen and so on.

I read that men see everything like birds. For excample they can find shops better in a town which they know only since a short time.

Woman orientate themselves on things like placates or houses.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
hell yes it is embarrassing but i dont care nor do i tell people, not even my best freind jake knows i love it, and im glad he does'nt.
most people know me as the nice hard rocking nerdy teenager, people would start making fun of me it thay realy knew so its a secret

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am known as the Rubik's Cuber at my school. I also am seen reading a lot, but few people actually know what the book actually is because they have not heard of the author. They haven't even heard of J.R.R. Tolkein.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
hell yes it is embarrassing but i dont care nor do i tell people, not even my best freind jake knows i love it, and im glad he does'nt.
most people know me as the nice hard rocking nerdy teenager, people would start making fun of me it thay realy knew so its a secret

It's not too bad when people find out that you like LBT.  Most people think "whatever" :rolleyes: and some just ask you a question or two like "why do you like it?  Isn't it supposed to be for little kids?"  There are a few Aholes, but so long as you ignore them, they'll give it up.  I mean, my god it's just a show.  How long can people make you feel like crap about a couple of movies?

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Very long LBT lover, very long. I had that problem one time too at my school. I brought, hehe well, a dead Lacerta with me to school. I didn¥t show it to anyone, but than some of the people asked what would smell so strange in the classroom. It was the Lacerta. I put it than in the bin. But a few people made jokes about me for good a half year and told it around at school. So very much people laughed about me. That was horryble :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some humans can be pretty nasty, unfortunately.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It seems that people today care too much about themselves, so they don't care if they are mean to others.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There are a few students at my school that act like jerks to me nearly all the time. Things are bad enough as they are now, so it would be a living nightmare if they found out that I like LBT.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I never got out of LBT, I was just forced to stop watching them after LBT 7. Fortunately, I downloaded the movies via BitTorrent, so now I watch them in private.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: LBTFan13,Jan 20 2008 on  12:13 AM
I never got out of LBT, I was just forced to stop watching them after LBT 7. Fortunately, I downloaded the movies via BitTorrent, so now I watch them in private.
Lucky you! I can't download off of BitTorrent.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 The last time I downloaded a LBT movie, it was LBT12 in spanish... but it was the dubbing from Spain and not from Mexico :blink: , nevertheless it was good and Guido is still quirky.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 19 2008 on  08:56 AM
It's not too bad when people find out that you like LBT.  Most people think "whatever" :rolleyes: and some just ask you a question or two like "why do you like it?  Isn't it supposed to be for little kids?"  There are a few Aholes, but so long as you ignore them, they'll give it up.  I mean, my god it's just a show.  How long can people make you feel like crap about a couple of movies?
well people make funny of some kid who like's high school musical

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I never got out of LBT, I was just forced to stop watching them after LBT 7.
Who forced you by which means?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
well people make funny of some kid who likes high school musical

Well, that's absurd.  They were just trying to be jerks.  There's nothing wrong with liking a totally age appropriate movie. :rolleyes: Talk about people who need a life. -_-

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 20 2008 on  03:51 PM
Well, that's absurd.  They were just trying to be jerks.  There's nothing wrong with liking a totally age appropriate movie. :rolleyes: Talk about people who need a life. -_-
well i saw the film and it was crap.
i do love LBT but like i sayed it is embarrassing but i dont care :yes  :DD

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 20 2008 on  10:29 AM
Who forced you by which means?
well, my parents told me to grow up and stop watching them <_<

they even went to the extent of shipping my movies to my younger cousin. i was so mad inside that they did that :cry2

lucky for me, i found the bittorrent file for all the movies, so now i'm happy :DD

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
they even went to the extent of shipping my movies to my younger cousin.

Thats.....not.....nice........ :blink:

well i saw the film and it was crap.

I can't say anything about it cuz I never saw it.  You can't argue however that it isn't a childrens show like LBT.