The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mythbusters

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I liked seeing the different methods Adam and Jamie used to build their foam fat guys: Adam carves from a big block, while Jamie cuts layers and stacks them. Especially amusing was how Jamie pointed out the different methods by comparing the piles of foam scraps. :lol:

Also, I liked seeing that picture of 25-year-old Adam standing in front of his first car. Too bad he's apparently not allowed to tell us on this show what exactly it was.

Next week, it's more than just duct tape, but bubble wrap too! :lol:  Should be interesting to see how they'll survive the Arizona desert.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I love that as well. I love all the different tools they used to figure out there science experiments.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Lest week's episode, Duct Tape Canyon, was pretty cool. I especially liked the rafts they built out of bubble wrap and duct tape. I liked Adam's design more than Jamie's.

This week's episode was a revisited myths special: Painting with Explosives and Bifurcated Boat. I lost count of how many Death Star jokes were made regarding Jamie's design. :lol:  And Adam had an interestingly different take on "painting" with explosives. As for the bifurcated boat myth, I don't think I need to say anything more than two words: rocket sled. :D

Looking ahead on the TV schedule, there doesn't seem to be a new episode next week. Oh well, certainly has been a nice way to celebrate 10 years of Mythbusters. :)

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There was a new episode on Monday, which I wasn't even aware of until I checked the TV schedule the previous day, but that was enough notice for me to watch it.

It was a special for the show Breaking Bad. I forget the names of the substances used (long and complicated words), but the two myths that were tested were pretty cool. Can a certain acid dissolve a body, the bathtub it's in, and the floor underneath? Can a certain unstable explosive blow up a room just by throwing a small amount on the floor?

In addition, I think I'm starting to see a pattern with what happens when people from popular movies and TV shows make guest appearances on Mythbusters. If the myth is busted, that person tends to come up with excuses or make wild claims to bend the rules enough that would make said myth confirmed. In a way, it's actually kind of funny. :lol:

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Once again, I was not expecting a new episode, but thanks to me checking the TV schedules every day, I was able to catch it last night.

It was a Zombie Special. Yes, zombies are fictional, but there are certain myths that could be tested. Is an ax more effective at killing zombies than a gun? Can you outrun a slow-moving horde of zombies? Can a horde of zombies pressing themselves against a barn door cause it to break open?

I'm no zombie enthusiast by any means, but it was certainly an entertaining episode.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A little heads up, I just found out that there will be a new episode (possibly the start of a new season) next Saturday, January 4. All I know at this time is that it's a "Star Wars Special". That should be interesting to watch.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.  Wonder what they will do.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks like they chose to test one myth from each of the three original movies. From Episode IV, could Luke have swung across a 30 ft gap with a belt-mounted grappling hook while carrying princess Leia? From Episode V, could Luke have survived against the cold within the belly of a recently-dead beast for a few hours? And from Episode VI, can two giant logs crush an armored vehicle? Lot's of interesting results.

Also, it seems they were doing some kind of live show online while this episode was being aired. I didn't bother to watch any of it; my laptop isn't as good as it used to be when it comes to playing videos.

Next week's new episode is myths about moonshine.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I kinda figured this episode was inspired by that other show on Discovery. at least there were a couple interesting myths: an exploding still, and running a car on moonshine.

Right after that was some new show hosted by Adam and Jamie called "Dangerous Toys". Apparently, they took a bunch of ideas from some kids and turned it all into reality in less than a week. Specifically, Adam had to defend a fort made of couches, and Jamie tried to destroy it with things like basketball cannons and a robotic army of exploding teddy bears. :spit  :lol:

Next week's new episode is all about crashing cars, so that should be fun.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can a car smash through a large pane of glass without injuring the guys carrying said glass? Can an RPG flip an SUV like you see in action movies? Can a large truck smash through traffic without stopping at all?

This one is definitely one to add to my favorites, especially the final test of that last myth. I won't give any spoilers, but it's definitely something you've gotta see, because it was just awesome! :lol:  :D  :lol:

- Berix

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^ Then I will spoil! :D

I had a feeling all three would be busted.  Hollywood just doesn't have a good track record to making things real, does it? :)

Still, didn't make it any less awesome! :wow Definitely a great episode. :yes

Simba King Of Pride Rock

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/
I can still remember when the show first came on the air all those years ago. I was a huge fan then, and still am today. I am loving the new season.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Car chase cliches and various animal repellants, another good episode. I liked seeing Buster in action (and getting thrown to the ground :lol: ) again.

I if remember correctly, this was one of two episodes that had already aired in some other country, but not the U.S. for some reason. Anyway, it was nice to actually see it.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last night's new episode: myths that maybe you can try at home. To be honest, I could easily tell almost from the start which ones you could try and which ones you shouldn't try. That didn't make this any less exciting, especially when some of the "Don't try this" myths were ramped up.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not exactly a new episode this week. It was the Star Wars special again, only this time included additional scenes, bonus facts, and fan tweets. (a trend that a lot of shows on Discovery seems to be following lately) I saw it anyway, just to see what that additional stuff was, even though I can't even remember half of it already.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I did like seeing Adam and Jamie's usernames on Twitter. Adam: @donttrythis Jamie: @JamieNoTweet
 :lol:  Funny names.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They do make a good show, of the episodes I have seen.  I doubt they'll ever run out of material to test.  Which is great.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
More firearms myths on this latest episode. Shooting with a bent barrel, shooting a neon sign would make it explode, more bulletproof items, shooting a gun in space (specifically, a vacuum), and a gun dropped in a deep fryer would go off. I really liked this one a lot.

Next week's episode is apparently the season finale, so it looks like that'll be it for a while.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quite a nice way to end the season. Could a ping-pong ball be lethal at a high enough speed, and can you make a cannon out of ice? I liked seeing how far they had to go to test these myths.

As soon as I find out when the next season starts, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

- Berix

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
My sister's seen the show TONS OF TIMES, but I've never watched it. I might try and check it out sometime.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think there are episodes on youtube, or clips at least.   I've liked the episodes I've seen of the show.