The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
We're still in summer in Texas. low to mid 90's every day, but with rain 3 or 4 days a week. Least we don't have a drought, I guess.  :lol
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
When I woke up yesterday morning, this was the reading on the thermometer in my bedroom: 84F and 44% humidity, which is the highest either of those have ever been all summer. :o  Needless to say, the very first thing I did after getting out of bed was to turn on the air conditioner.

Thankfully, this morning was a lot more tolerable: 78.5F and 35% humidity. I typically turn on my AC when it reaches 80F and/or 40%, then turn it off when it comes close to 72F, which typically has humidity of 30% or less. (Keep in mind, this is the indoor temperature of my bedroom. I haven't been paying much attention to the outdoor weather conditions lately.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just one week later, and now the overnight temperature in my room has now been going below 75F. I finally got around to actually checking the weather forecast, and it looks like outside temperatures should be in the low 60s and high 50s this week. That's cool enough that I actually haven't even turned on my air conditioner for a while now. Looks like summer will be coming to an end soon, here in Vermont.

- Berix

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The weather for the next week is projected to have highs in the upper 70s to low 80s.  Now this is weather that I can get used to.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Haven't seen any yet, but apparently there's nothing but rain forecasted for the next week over here in Houston, Texas.

Dang, I know there's that tropical storm to the west of us, in north-west Mexico, but how can that be raining on us for 5 or 6 days?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My family decided to remove all of the air conditioners in our house this weekend, but today, I'm really regretting having that done for the one in my room. It's been so hot in my room that I've been forced to keep the door and both windows open, which I really don't like doing at all.

I really hope it cools off a lot very soon. I should not have to worry about summer weather in the middle of October! ( <_< Next year, I'm going to keep my air conditioner in until it starts snowing.)

- Berix

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^That's very similar to the temps over here :p We're experiencing a 5-6 K too hot October so far. temps reached up to mid- 80's in the south at one or two days while last year (as I found out) the same regions experienced the first snow of the year :blink:
It's the very same pattern currently, that existed for the better part of last winter season. I hope it won't establish again this winter... I'm a winter and snow lover ;)
Wonder what the weather in Turkey will be like where I'll be heading in three days...
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We had some pretty severe storms on Monday (with tornado warnings in the adjacent county) but the weather since then has been relatively nice.  Temperatures have been relatively constant in the lower 70s.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I couldn't tolerate another hot day (81F with 45% humidity and, unlike yesterday, almost no cooling breeze outside), so I put my air conditioner back in, myself. This time, I will not remove it until I wake up one morning to 66F in my room (the temperature at which I start complaining about the cold).

- Berix

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Yesterday, it rained quite a bit. Last night, in addition, we just happened to get a little bit of snow, considering the temperatures last night and this morning were around the lower 30s. A surefire sign that Michigan's winter is going to be just as bad as last year's, if not worse...

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
In Canada, there is lots and lots of snow. I say, a three month long winter is more than enough in my opinion.

:bang  :bang  :bang  :anger  :wave

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Wanna trade? I get snow and you get Western Europe's way too warm weather?  :lol

BTW: Did you guys read about the extreme snow fall around Buffalo NY? Lake Effect in perfection, I tell you. more than 2 metres of snow within 24 hrs is insane! (but sorta cool  :smile )

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It was pouring rain a little while ago and thundering now. Last I checked, 60 F

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quite some varied weather here lately. It was very cold last week (low 30s F), up until about two days ago. Today, it's been rather warm (around 65F), and it's expected to cool back down within two more days. Adding on to that wild temperature swing, it's been quite windy as well. (My dad had to do some yard work on Saturday and said that the strong cold wind felt like being in a hurricane.)

- Berix

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
the second half of november and early december were dominated by... fog  :rolleyes: Seriously, I didn't see the sun for a whole week...
Last week was mostly reallywindy and today it has rained without any break. It's also snowed a little every now and then these last few days (and there was even thundersnow (which I missed...)) but it's too warm for it not to melt. Still waiting for winter to arrive in Europe but it's looking better than last year at least :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Last week is has been snowing which accumulated about 3 Inches (more than accumulated in winter 2013/14 in total!). Most of it is gone now but we're about to receive new snow tomorrow :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We now have a high of 35 degrees with freezing rain and sleet being predicted.  Lovely.  Thank goodness I don't have to drive anywhere today.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
37 degrees and it's not giving up (the authorities have asked the population to avoid the streets if they can).

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Last week it's been very windy and some places received some pretty nasty storm. We're in for more storms this week. Lovely...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Midnight,Jan 11 2015 on  04:16 PM
37 degrees and it's not giving up (the authorities have asked the population to avoid the streets if they can).
Is that in Fahrenheit or Celsius? I think it might be best from now on if everyone in this topic kept this in mind to avoid any confusion. (In this case, 37F is relatively cold, while 37C is very hot.)

- Berix