The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How's the Weather?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The number of dead is going up: 2 dead in Croatia, over 40 in Bosnia, possibly hundreds in Serbia. Also, in Croatia, the only spot on the dike which didn't hold was the newest spot, built in 2010. An investigation will be opened into this dimishing quality of construction.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ I am sorry to hear that, jansenov.  :( I hope that they find out why the newest construction was the portion that failed.  That most certainly is not what one would expect.  Usually it is the older infrastructure that will be more prone to failure incidents.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's been rather hot today. I'm not sure how warm it was outside, but my room was over 80F (until I turned on the air conditioner, of course). Then, later this afternoon, storm clouds rolled in and we got about half an hour of heavy rain, thunder and lightning, and strong winds. The clouds have since passed and it's still rather warm, but hopefully it should cool off soon. (That's what happens after a thunderstorm passes, right?)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It has been hot and humid all week, with temperatures approaching 90 degrees.  We are projected to possibly have severe weather tomorrow.  With the current humidity and energy in the atmosphere I am sure that storms will pop up quite easily.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^Oh yeah, thunderstorms should cause some cooling off... except of they occur along a warm front... Well, there's certainly a lot going on in the US thunderstorm-wise. I've seen some pictures and videos... Hopefully, nobody gets battered by baseball-sized hail :unsure:

As for me... last week has been very rainy and even quite chilly. Now we're going to have a "heat wave" at the weekend with temperatures exceeding 90?F for a few days at least.
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We have been stuck in a pattern of constant rain for the last week or so.  Nothing too severe has happened in my area, but flooding is becoming a concern in low-lying areas.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pretty dangerous set-up over here. Thunderstorms can cause real damage these days ... Last evening and night, a system of the size of Ireland caused considerable destruction in some parts of Germany. Luckily, I wasn't close to it (though the ice shield reached me...)
It's been so hot these past few days that several records have been topped temperature-wise. Luckily, the heat is going to leave by tomorrow... I'm sweating here in my room with 85?F :D

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We are currently set up in a hot and dry pattern.  The high temperatures are consistently in the low 90s, whereas we are not predicted to have any rain until late next week.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Temperatures in the high 60's :x And it's not supposed to change within at least one week :unsure:

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The nighttime temperatures have been steady in the upper 60s and lower 70s for the last few days.  It is nearly perfect weather for Independence Day celebrations.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
No rain for the first time during this Fourth of July day.  I'm very happy for that fact.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, the nice weather was too good to last.  We now have a two-day sequence of storms forecast for the area and the NWS has placed the area under a "slight risk" advisory for the next two days.  The main threat should be torrential rain according to their prediction models.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ehh, we have a pretty interesting set-up for this week. Chilly air from the sea mixing up with hot and humid air from the Mediterran... This is always capable of producing torrential rain and that's exactly what they forecast: Rain, rain, rain... and thunderstorms; at least for tonight. After that it'll be too cold for thunderstorms, temperatures dropping down to 60?F on Wednesday after almost 90?C on Friday. Hope there won't be serious flooding... If there is flooding at a local river, it wouldn't affect me as the water floods only some grassland, usually. However, other regions won't be that lucky in case of a flooding...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We have finally got some rain today which has brought the temperatures down.  We now have high temperatures in the mid-80s and moderately high humidity.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
July and the first week of August have pretty much dominated by a steadily restoring weather: Warm but not hot, very wet and most of the time it were very local events with quite some flashflooding. We've been spared luckily :p

Now the remnant of ex-hurrican Bertha is forecasted to cause quite some storm (a very rare thing in August over here and possibly severe thunderstorms.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Today started off freezing at -2,then settled to 1 around 8:30. Now at 1pm it's about 15.

Days are ever so slowly getting warmer as we head into Spring,however in Australia. Spring is not all sunshine and rainbows. It means bushfire season begins and lasts until the new year.

Right now it's sunny,we got a breeze and theres a few scattered clouds. Pretty mild day and I like it,not freezing my butt off nor am I feeling like I'm Death Valley.

Bushfire seasons us never welcomed. Last year in my state alone fire did us 94 million dollars in damage,destroyed homes,killed people even burnt down entire towns. I rather not see my state catch on fire,thank you very much. I can tell you this now-having your town surrounded by flames is really scary.

I'm going this cool weather,because soon it's going to be boiling hot and the normal is going to be 39 dgrees Celsius or 102 fahrenheit and getting up to 43 degrees (109)..kill me.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It has been unbearably hot and humid for the last two weeks.  Temperatures have reached into the 90s and no relief is in sight.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wanna switch? :p It's been pretty fresh and showery but now it's supposed to get a little warmer and drier. Hope the forecasters say the truth...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We finally got some rain.  Now the temperature has dropped from the 90s to the upper 70s.  As far as I am concerned it can stay this way for a while.  I have had more than enough of summer.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
summer is over already over here. Temperatures were in the low 80's yesterday but it's said so drop down to 70's again... At least it has been sunny most of the time.