The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Animeboye,Nov 12 2009 on  11:16 PM
So how about instead of saying how much you think Cameron sucks, you explain WHY you don't like him? I don't like Michael Bay. I think he's the most overrated director in the business right now but you don't see me going around bashing him. Judging from your posts, Weirdraptor, you seem to have something personal against Cameron. What did Cameron torture you in some way? Did he tie you to a chair and force you to watch his movies? I can understand not liking a director but you seem to have a personal vendetta against him. Oh, and if you think Cameron's movies are being forgotten, then you couldn't be more wrong. Alien, Terminator, Titanic. People still to this day talk about his movies. He's not going to be forgotten for quite a while.
Personally I don't care who directs a movie. I never judge a movie by who makes it, even if it is Uwe Boll (did I spell that right?). Instead, I just go for the movie, and see if I like it. The director is probably the last person I think of when I think of a movie. I don't feel a movie should be judged by who is in it or who produces/directs it; only by how the movie is overall. To me, to judge a movie by its director is like judging a game by the console that it's on. I just don't see the benefit of it. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
That's sort of the same case for me. I just like seeing what I think will be intresting. Usually I don't rely on reviews unless I can't decide on wether to go see a certain movie or not which is why I'm waiting to read reviews from those who have seen this movie. I want to see it yet I don't if that makes sense.

Yeah there have been movies by directors and companies I like and those I don't like. I hate Dreamworks and their movies yet I enjoyed the first and second Shrek. I can't stand Michael Bay's stuff even though I thought Transformers 1 was kinda decent. And yes I do like Cameron's movies. I like how he focuses more on story than special effects. He is able to make a world for his characters and yet flesh the world out and make it feel like we're part of his world. And yes I am really really looking forward to Avatar. Saw the second trailer for it and now I'm more anxious than before.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Epic. Simply...epic. In fact, it's SO epic, I couldn't even begin to describe just how epic it was. :blink: :lol

It also makes you wonder just what's really gonna happen to us in 2012. :p

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nimrod,Nov 15 2009 on  07:57 AM
Same here ;) Going to see it with a friend to day. :)
Holy crap! Nim's back! Aw man I've missed you! Thought you were leaving us... :cry

*Ahem* Sorry for the off topic post.

2007excalibur2007, I like that description: A movie so epic you can't even describe its epicness. But I do hope 2012 won't be the end. I have too much that I haven't accomplished. I don't believe in it or anything but hearing so much about it, one does start too get a little worried about such a thing.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
pff first the Y2K thing and now this.  I once saw a show that said the world would end in 2004 when some meteorite came too close to earth.  Apparently it didn't.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll admit, I may have had some worry about what could happen in the year 2012, but that's all gone now, thanks to this article:
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/afp-nasa-2012-myths.html

Hearing NASA disprove these myths has made me feel a lot better. Besides, it's just a movie.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not really worried about 2012 myself. The Mayan Calender says nothing about the world ending on 2012; it simply just stops there. And isn't the movie about a planetary alignment that tears the Earth apart due to gravitational force? Based on what I've read, even if the planets were to align, the combined force would hardly be enough to affect Earth.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Heh, and I thought my geology teacher was smart. :lol

She also believed in the "2012 IS THE YEAR WE ALL DIE" rumors, claiming that she has heard from geologists of the possibilities, and that the Germans are building a huge space ship (what? :blink:) to prepare for 2012.

Yeah, right. :p

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Nov 17 2009 on  10:57 AM
I'm not really worried about 2012 myself. The Mayan Calender says nothing about the world ending on 2012; it simply just stops there. And isn't the movie about a planetary alignment that tears the Earth apart due to gravitational force? Based on what I've read, even if the planets were to align, the combined force would hardly be enough to affect Earth.
You know, if the Mayans said that a giant pink bunny was going to come down from space and enslave humanity, people would actually believe it. Yeah just because their calendar stops doesn't mean the world ends. For all we know, the world could end tomorrow.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Saw the other day. It was entertaining. I liked it. :)

• Spike
    • View Profile
if my belief is right, their will just be a big hurricane in florida and everyone will flip out :lol
but really, this is just Y2K all over again

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I hate to butt in, but:

Just saw the film. It was an okay film. John Cusack was brilliant, as always, and the special effects were gorgeous. The writing of the film was about what can expect for a disaster film. Not brilliant, but it was fitting.
Overall, the film was fun and it didn't waste time getting to the point. There were a couple of annoying characters. One played by Woody Allen (whose always annoying, but that's beside the point), but he gets killed by having a whole city dropped on him, so who cares. The other was some Russian guy, but he shuts up when the mirk hits the fan.

If you like disaster films, this is for you. If not, its not.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never believed in the myth of the Mayan calendar :rolleyes:.  Being a Christian, I believe armageddon will come at a time when humankind least expects it, unless humankind causes its own extinction first, which is probably more plausible <_<.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'm with Tiger, being a Christian myself. No one will kow when the end will come. It could be tomorrow. It could be after the world celebrates the year 3000 and Conan O'Brien's human-crocodile hybrid clone has to create yet another variation of the "Year 2000/3000" song with Jeff Goldblum's still living head.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've just seen the movie.

I love it, I honestly do! My mouth was open all the time, I must have looked like an idiot :lol But yea, it's a great movie in my opinion! Some moments even made me cry for certain characters I didn't even get to know yet.

About 2012... I don't care about when or if it will happen, but this movie was a good one.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I haven't seen this movie yet, but my dad says he thought it was better than the new Star Trek movie. And he's been a Trekkie since college.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 6 2009 on  10:43 PM
Er, Emmerich has a lot of hit films under his belt as well, but his were entertaining. Cameron's films were just products of their times and thankfully starting to be forgotten.
rigghhhhhht,if that's so that how come people are still talking about Terminator,Aliens,True Lies and his other films, I understand why you don't like him(I read it in the JC AVATAR thread) but half, no almost all of Emmerich's films aren't that good,Cameron is better and Micheal Bay well, he isn't that bad but he isn't that good ethier.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't like Michael Bay simply because he sacrifices story and character development for CGi and explosions. I thought Transformers 1 was ok simply do to the CGi. The robots looked nice and looked cool all through the movie. I'd give it about a 5/10. Not bad but could have been so much better. Transformers 2 though...that was just horrible. I can't even describe it. 1/10. I don't know much about Emmerich so I can't really give my opinion on him. To me, Bay is just another "fad" like the Jonas Brothers or Twilight. He's popular now but someday he'll be forgotten about. When you think of it, he's only where he's at now because of Transformers.

By the way, Weirdraptor, I'd still like to know why you hate Cameron so much. I explained why I didn't like Bay so you get to tell us why you hate Cameron. Also, Avatar will rock!!!

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Nov 19 2009 on  06:03 PM
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 6 2009 on  10:43 PM
Er, Emmerich has a lot of hit films under his belt as well, but his were entertaining. Cameron's films were just products of their times and thankfully starting to be forgotten.
rigghhhhhht,if that's so that how come people are still talking about Terminator,Aliens,True Lies and his other films, I understand why you don't like him(I read it in the JC AVATAR thread) but half, no almost all of Emmerich's films aren't that good,Cameron is better and Micheal Bay well, he isn't that bad but he isn't that good ethier.
I read his posts on the Avatar thread and he still didn't really explain why he hates Cameron so much. Just because Cameron has messages in his movies Weirdraptor doesn't like? Why, I do believe I know a simple solution to that: Don't like Cameron? Don't FREAKIN' WATCH HIS MOVIES!! Seems really stupid to watch a movie by a director you don't like just to whine and criticize their work. I hate to harp on the whole Bay thing again but I didn't post on the Transformers 2 topic about how bad the movie was. Did I like it? No. Did I feel the need to bash it on an internet forum? No. So what gives you, WeirdRaptor, the right to go to the Avatar topic and bash Cameron? Yes I do like James Cameron's movies. His stories are always intresting and I always look forward to his movies. I even liked Titanic while at first I was certain that I wouldn't since people have said it's a "chick flick".

I apologize for the outburst. I love these forums and never thought I'd ever see someone actually troll around here. I accept he doesn't like Cameron. What I don't accept is how immature he is about it. If you don't like a director, either A) Explain WHY you don't think they're good(whining about the messages in their films doesn't count). Or B)Don't watch their films.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i have to see it...if i don't i'm going to have to kill someone........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................with my teeth
facebook.com/venomwargreymon