The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Time Warp

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
well..... I do apologies for my misunderstanding of your post, if any

I just felt that because people were wanting to go in as misc. characters of choice (human, dino, internet avatar, etc) that it'd be a bit mediocre.. kinda jumbled up and messy

that, of coarse is why I decided to hold off from posting the RP until something could be figured out

the strict dino bit is optional, and I just posted it up as a thought

say if we do decide to go in strictly as dinosaurs we could just set up a basic age system of choice

and since dinosaurs had no basic way of counting years, I decided to classify the size and age into three basic types

children, teens and adults

Children - taking the size and form of the gang
Teens - are a bit more developed and between the size of children and adults
Adults - are fully developed and at full dino size

so if we do decide to go in strictly as dinosaurs, then the RP'er has those three classes to chose from as to what they are (by choice - their original age will not be forced, except during the real life portions before the transfer. Once they're transfered, they can be whatever age class they so desire)

and if we do go in strictly as dinosaurs, it would be easier for me to figure out how the accidental wish could be made.. say the thread I was reading at the time included that the author desired us to take such a form

what do y'all think?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Now this seems to work for me....of course it's still up to the other who are rping with us, but this idea I like!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like that.  I was thinking if I did myself as a Dino, which would be both neat and would remove the physical problems I'd have in rping, maybe a pterosaur type, their adult size  isn't to large, not like a long neck anyway.   Or a teenager if that is proffered by the gm.

If some want to be themselves as humans maybe something about the wish to be in the great valley, ect, worked with the person's inner wish or desire during the transfer or something to explain why some are this or that physical age, some are dinos, some humans, ect.  

Like with me for example, can't run but a block, can only eat 3 things due to intestinal problems so would not have much fun in the great valley, I like dragons, dinos, & orcas  so maybe part of the reason for the change to a dino body.  Someone else may have an inner vision, or preference, if I were in the great valley I think it would be neat to be ... so that may be the reason they changed to that form.  Even if they didn't give it much conscious thought, just a sort of flash thought in the back of their minds the wish may find it there.

Maybe crazy but just some ideas I had.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that I will still be an elf. I need to think of a good elven name. Any suggestions?

By the way, I am just as excited as everybody else. It's a good thing I saved this RP.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
now I"m not sure about being in this rp, that the chars I do won't be fifth wheels or useless, or nothing to do or contribute.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My advice: go with it. If they become useless, leave. If they don't, stay.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't like leaving an rp.  guess I could do a char who is the sorcerer supreme or one of the sorcerers who came before the age of humans who functions to battle evil.  he/she/shi would likely not be to useless.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is becoming more interesting to me. However, I've never been part of an RP in my life. :unsure:  I'd like to join, but I might not be willing to do so until it's progressed a good amount.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You'd have to ask Aves if you can do that.  He may be able to work you in somehow.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I haven't roleplayed on internet not in english ever. So I know the feeling, but I think the people here will help you enjoy the game whenever you join it ;) .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The number of players in the rp may hit the double digits, if not more.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
wow that alot of people I hope it don't get confusing.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
someone of my low intelligence will, but you are an intelligent person so I Highly doubt that you would get confused.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
if lots of things happen when I get on once in a little while then I will get lost and confused. anyone can get lost in a rpg if way too much things happen at once.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Only folks like me, not to intelligent folks like you are.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In my sequel to Enemies Inside, I have set a system to minimize confusion as much as possible.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I"d guess the folks who wish to rp there will still have fun there.  

Guess folks will have to wait till the rp starts to see if any get confused.  I'm a bit confused before it starts, but likely it's just me.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 There is no problem with that, I bet you are not the only confused one :D , but I do know everything is going to be clear once this RPG starts.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I'm making it my sworn duty to have this RP up and running at least by tomarow

also, Kor, if your not conferable playing yourself, as yourself or as a dino version of yourself, I feel I could give you the benefit of just playing your normal characters in this piece =)

Edit: Also, even though, yes, I know its a good title, Chilitrek, I'm still debating about changing it. Since after all, the way we're getting there exactly isn't a means of a warp, but rather through the powers of an occultic item (the wishing stone). And time travel is also a bit questionable as well, as the LBT series is not exactly accurate with everything in the real world... so wouldn't it be more fitting that we were transported into their universe so to speak?  Just a thought...

Opinions, anyone?

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Do you say that players are transported to the LBT universe like Star Trek ships going into Babylon5's universe or something similar? it may be. but since dinosaurs were very much part of our own universe, it may be just a travel to the distant past, but is this makes you feel better, a travel through space-time to reach LBT time in an alternate reality to our own, but I do prefer only time travel ;) , so the warp has still some meaning.
 Name the ROG as you please, I think that you can come up with a cool title for it.