The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Happy Birthday The Chronicler!

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Congratulations on your 21st star day, Chronicler! :birthday :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

I'm sorry to say that I have once again failed to prepare a card for you this year :( (also, my scanner isn't working, so even if I did have a card, I would not be able to upload it). I feel bad about this, and will still try to get you a card if you want it. In any case, I'll at least try to catch up on my reviewing of your fanfic.

Sincerely,

Pangaea

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, have a great day.

:birthday  :wow  :DD  :!  :angel  :smile  :idea  :celebrate  :cheers

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

tempestwheel

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Happy starday, Chronicler!  :celebrate  :cheers  :celebrate
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday, Chronicler! :birthday
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks, guys. :yes

Sadly, I was forced to have a small and quick celebration for my birthday at home, due to needing more time to work a project for one of my classes that I had not yet finished at the time. (When will I ever learn to not procrastinate like this? :bang )

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe you can have a larger celebration later on once you have more time.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, The Chronicler, and best wishes for the next year of your life.   :birthday

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
A happy second "Schanppszahl-birthday" to you The Chronicler :)
A merry celebration to you and health, success, happiness, friendship, luck, peace, love and occupation for your 23rd year of life :birthday

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Nov 28 2011 on  04:32 PM
(When will I ever learn to not procrastinate like this? :bang )
I still need to learn not to do that ;) and it's taking me my whole life so far :DD lol

Happy Birthday!!  :birthday
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And happy birthday!  

:birthday  :smile  :DD  :wow  :angel  :idea  :exactly  :lol .

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks, guys. Not much has been happening here lately, we had some pizza on Sunday, and I didn't really get many gifts (blame me for not asking for asking for much; I decided to save the big stuff for Christmas ;) ).

- Berix

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Happy belated second schnappszahl, Chronicler! :birthday :birthday

Sorry for being so late (not that that should be surprising :rolleyes); my Internet connection has been making it difficult for me to even reach the GOF in the past several days.

The good news is, this year I finally have a star day card for you. :wow

One reason I’d never made you a card until now is that I was stumped on how to design one: I had no idea how to recognizably draw anything Bionicle-related (For some time I considered dismantling several of my own Bionicle LEGO sets, arranging the pieces to spell out a birthday greeting, then photographing the whole setup and using that as a reference to draw the card). It was just a few days ago when inspiration hit me: I’d make you a MythBusters-themed card instead. :idea

Serendipitously, I had asked you beforehand about your favorite MythBusters episodes, so I attempted to include as many references to those myths in the card as I could, which you’ll hopefully be able to recognize. Mixed in are some generic MythBusters elements, such as flames, rockets, stylized explosions, clouds of smoke, tire tracks from an out-of-control car (at least, that’s what the ëS’ is supposed to be), some artfully arranged shrapnel, the “myth outcome” signs (“Busted”, “Plausible”, and “Confirmed”), and, of course, Buster, the crash-test dummy (whose arms have been blown off and appear elsewhere on the card :lol). Oh, and the requisite Lystrosaurus head beside my signature is sporting a Jamie Hyneman beret and mustache. :lol

I did manage to include a lone Bionicle artifact: Takua’s mask (The card just didn’t say “The Chronicler” without it ;)).

Hope you like the card, and sorry again for the wait. (Assuming my Web connection cooperates, I'll post my next review of your fanfiction soon, too.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, thanks, Pangaea! :wow

I can definitely identify most of the references you put in that card :lol , and it was nice that you also threw in one object to acknowledge me being a Bionicle fan. :yes  If you really have been struggling to come up with anything Bionicle-related, then I guess just ordinary Lego would be fine by me, next time. :)

(Oh, and thanks for reminding me about my fanfic. I've busy with other interests (again) and haven't really gotten around to writing the next chapter.)

- Berix