The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask me questions

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Feb 26 2010 on  09:16 AM
The Chronicler: I admit I haven't read the latest chapter or two, but what motivated me to read it was to see how you handled the Bionicle/Land Before Time crossover idea. I was also interested to see how the Bionicle people (who are made of metal and such) would react to seeing creatures made of flesh and bone. I was surprised that, in your fanfic, they have heard of flesh and bone animals before; I was under the impression it would be something totally different to them as every animal I remember seeing was robotic like them. I think the last chapter I read was the one or two just after that one character was banned from his tribe. I am familiar with Bionicle and had seen some parts of a movie or two. However it doesn't hold my interest that well. In fact it mostly disturbs me, since all the characters are robotic and even the animals are robotic and I can't fathom how they manage to reproduce and thrive. But I know they're just movies for entertainment purposes so I shouldn't really be thinking that deep into them.
I assume you've been reading what I put on fanfiction.net so far. That's good, because even though I have a lot more of it already posted here on GoF, I consider that a rough draft in need of editing. Basically, once I put a chapter of that story on fanfiction.net, you'll know that I've finished working on that chapter and that I'm satisfied with it.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
A continuatuion of the previous question but what exactly grabbed your interest in the Twilight Valley?

Also, do you like science fiction works?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Serris: Whoops I forgot to fully answer that question. It was curiosity. When I was thinking of writing Heinous, I decided to check your story out. And yes I do like science fiction works and have read a few of them, such as Dinosaur Wars and Far-Seer. I'm more interested in paleontology-based sci-fi novels, which I don't see much of.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
(Rat_lady7 beat me to the question about your member title. :lol)

Outside of theropods, what prehistoric animals interest you the most?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pangaea: I'm interested in animals from the Permian Era (such as dimetrodon and the gorgonopsids) as well as animals from the current era, the Cenozoic Era, such as the Paleocene and Miocene Epochs. Generally carnivorous animals interest me more (like smilodon) but sometimes herbivores can catch my interest as well (such as edaphosaurus).

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Maybe you already told me this at some point, but among the theropods, which kinds are your favorites?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pangaea: You mean what kind of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals in general?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Wait...are you referring to my first question? Sorry. I think I might have said something confusing. Let me try to clear things up:

First question: I knew that theropods were your favorite dinosaurs, so I asked what your favorite non-theropods (dinosaurian and otherwise) were. You answered that one already (though if you had anything to say to expand on it, I'd love to hear it. :yes).

Second question: I asked what your favorite theropods were. (Maybe I should have asked that one first. :oops)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pangaea: Oh, whoops, sorry. I must've misread your second question. Anyway, I don't think I can name a theropod I don't really like, but among the ones that are my favorite include: utahraptor, velociraptor, tyrannosaurus, tarbosaurus, spinosaurus, baryonyx, dilophosaurus, guanlong, cryolophosaurus, carnotaurus, majungasaurus, allosaurus, and ceratosaurus. My favorite theropod groups are tyrannosaurids, dromaeosaurids, and spinosaurids.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How's Cheyenne doing right now? :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He's doing much better now. :) He's back to his normal self (barking to come in and out, begging for food or for attention, etc), although he's gotten a little skinnier. My dad thinks it's because he has more energy now.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Glad to hear it. :DD

Having covered prehistoric critters, I'll ask this now: What present-day animals interest you the most?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd say mostly the carnivores, such as wolves, foxes, snakes, crocodiles, hawks, eagles, komodo dragons, hyenas, bears, lions, and sharks. While I do still like herbivores, there's just something about carnivores that intrigue me so much.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you could make up your own carnivore, what would it look like and what would it eat?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Do you consider yourself a serious person?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pokeplayer: I actually already did make up my own carnivore. Well a couple, but the one I use the most often is the alimon (looks like a carnivorous sauropod with feathers on back of neck). I've used them in Out of the Shadows and in the comic Counterinsurgency. I may also introduce them in a Dino Squad fanfic/comic I might do (still deciding) and I also hope to do an original story to try to develop them more. A couple other, though less developed, carnivores I came up with were the draraptor (looks sort of like a wyvern with feathery wings/hands) and kemon (looks like a four-footed mammal with a more reptilian head and feet).

Ratlady: I'm not really sure how to answer that, to be honest. I guess it really depends on my mood and the situation. Sometimes I take things too seriously or too literally and I can understand when a situation may be serious. But I also do joke around, typically online but sometimes, though more rarely, in real life. So I guess the best way I can answer that question is I'm neither completely serious nor a complete jokester. Basically I'm serious when in situations that would require that and more light-hearted when the situation is not serious. Of course I'm pretty sure I have made mistakes in the past before where I was too light-hearted in a serious situation or too serious in a light-hearted situation. I hope that makes sense. I apologize if I confused you.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Naw, it made sense. Meh...I seem to be more serious then a goof ball lately... :p

Anyhow, next question: What other fandoms do you love besides LBT, Dino Squad, and Brother Bear?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ratlady: Spongebob is one of the only shows I still watch on Nickelodeon,another one being Fairly Oddparents. Nowadays I prefer Spongebob over Fairly Oddparents. I usually watch it anytime it's on. I find the show rather appealing and I can't up but really like the characters, especially Spongebob and Patrick. Personally I consider Spongebob one of the best cartoons left on Nickelodeon. Fairly Oddparents is good. I like how Timmy seems to act like an ordinary kid (for the most part since he has fairies) and is sometimes selfish, but in the end does the right thing and, despite his low IQ, has shown quick wit throughout the series.

On Nicktoons TV there's also Jimmy Neutron and Danny Phantom I also enjoy, but not as often. I can't remember why I originally got interested in Jimmy Neutron (probably his experiments and robotic dog) but Danny Phantom I liked because of the unique story and the action. It still had its funny moments but the show was, in my opinion, more serious than Fairly Oddparents.

Oh! And I forgot another nicktoon, Avatar. I like the story, the characters, the action, the comedy, etc. When I first saw the show, I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. But after I did watch some episodes, I admit I was hooked.

Another show I like, a webshow, is Red VS Blue. The main thing I love about it is the comedy. I also like the characters, distinct from one another, and such. I was introduced to it about a couple years ago and I've been watching it since.

I could name some more shows, but I'll just leave it at this.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I know you don't RP very often, but would you ever consider starting your own RP here based on one of your fanfictions?

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile