The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm so close to catching up. My opinion of the season so far: season 2 level of quality. None have stood out as excellent to me so far and if I were to marathon up to the most recent episode, I'd probably get bored and drop the show. I did that with S2 and didn't watch it again until S4. I think I'm on the episode after Rarity's Manehattan boutique opening. So far, I haven't been able to identify an overarching plot, again similar to season 2. Unless I haven't been paying close attention. I'm very interested to see how the season will conclude.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So far it's a poor seasons with horrible writing and poor plots. I'm still hoping it will get better but doubt it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Good morning, Everyone!  The Lord of Chaos has come to bring us another episode today!  Let's see what he has in store for us! :)

Summary: When the Mane 6 leave town, Discord decides to join Spike and Big Mac's top secret Guys' Night; Much to Discord's disappointment, the Guys' Night turns out to be an evening of fantasy role-playing.

Yep!  The Mane Six are hardly in this one, if at all.  At best, we'll get a goodbye scene and we're on to the plot.  If we're lucky, they'll tease an upcoming episode.  As for the rest of the episode, I expect that Discord will have his fun by making the game more realistic.  We'l see what happens.

Anyways, link for the Live Streams below!

Season 6 Episode 17 - Dungeons and Discords Live Stream

As usual, see you all after the episode for the online post and tomorrow for my review!

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As a nerd I should not hate this episode but let's see how it turns out.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just watched it and it wasn't that bad. It's not great but it wasn't bad either. I liked how discord turned there fantasy game into a reality. That part was cool and awesome. The lesson if you can even call it a lesson is I guess don't judge a book by it's cover I guess. Not really sure tho. So all in all I have it a 6/10 this week.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
I once said that any episode that includes Discord is sure to have lots of gags and funny moments, and this one is no exception.

So the girls are off to Yakyakistan, leaving Discord to reluctantly spend time with Spike and Big Mac. Of course, Discord's idea of a "guy's night" is way different than what Spike and Big Mac enjoy, and that inevitably leads to conflict. They eventually part ways, feel bad for each other, and then apologize (something Discord is clearly not used to). Plus, the real-life version of their game turned out to be cool enough that Spike and Big Mac agree to try it again, albeit without being too life-threatening.

And then at the end of the episode, the girls return and see the guys still in the middle of their "real-life game", which Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie quickly decide to join as well. That certainly wasn't something I expected, but it was still just as entertaining as the rest of the episode.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I loved that part of the episode as well. Hasbro is finally listening to the fans for once

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

A very nice episode for the latest one.  It was a nice change of pace to have some lesser characters focused on for this episode.  I would have liked there to be more characters in this, but I guess you can only do so much.  Spoiler version below.

So the Mane Six are headed to the colder region of Yakyakastan with Princess Celestia.  Since that's not seen as a good episode, we are stuck with Spike, Big Mac and Discord enjoying a Guy's Night Out, and what do Spike and Big Mac think is a Guy's Night Out?  Playing the pony version of Dungeons and Dragons; something Discord wasn't too fond of doing himself.

In fact, the episode got quite interesting when Discord decided to make the game realistic.  It was also, albeit scary, more enjoyable for Spike and Big Mac.  This sort of thing they ended up playing all night long and were still awake doing when the Mane Six returned home.  In fact, both Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie joined in on the fun.  A twist you don't see coming.

Definitely a good episode that I wouldn't mind seeing again.

Next week, we have Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie being good at something that their friends don't see coming.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep we have a sorts themed episode today. Let's hope it's eh to okay and not horrible.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BUCKBAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!? (In context, I don't think this joke works here, but go along with it. :D )

Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and some characters we haven't seen since Season 1 are going to be in today's episode.  Get the summary below!

Summary: Applejack and Rainbow Dash find out that Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are the best Buckball players in Ponyville and have them join for the big game against Appleloosa.  However, when push comes to shove and they stop having fun, they could end up losing the game.

This should be a fun one.  Links for the Live Streams below!

Season 6 Episode 18 - Buckball Season Live Streams

As always, I'll post the online version later today and my review tomorrow!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just the title sounds like it's gonna suck but I'll judge it after I watch it,

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

For now, the fandom is screaming "Where's Little Strongheart!?", but I feel we'll be able to get a better look with the online versions.  Keep an eye out!

Season 6 Episode 18 - Buckball Season YouTube Version

Season 6 Episode 18 - Buckball Season Dailymotion Version

See ya tomorrow for my review! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah today's lesson sportsmanship right on the ball no pun intended at all. And again thanks for the link I'll watch it when I get home.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
Another good episode, and with an excellent lesson too.

The new sport of Buckball comes to Ponyville, and Applejack and Rainbow Dash immediately get to work building a team, which requires one of each type of pony. After some practice with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy to find a unicorn for the team (with virtually all volunteers being completely pathetic), the members selected for the team are all surprises: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Snails.

And with an upcoming game, Applejack and Rainbow Dash attempt to train the team as hard as possible, but the effort backfires and leave Pinkie and Fluttershy thrown off their game. Facing too much pressure, Pinkie and Fluttershy quit the team (with a bit of interesting role reversal between the two at that moment too).

Thankfully, Applejack and Rainbow Dash soon realize the mistake they made, and come up with an interesting way to fix everything. They claim to be willing to fill-in for Pinkie and Fluttershy, but are in need of practice, so they play against each other just for fun. At the end of practice, Pinkie and Fluttershy are doing great again, and are then asked if they could take back their places in the team. As for the remaining issue of how to deal with the pressure, it's Snails who offers a solution: "Just don't think about it." And in the end, it all works out great for the Ponyville team.

The message of this episode was a pretty good one. Some people thrive when under pressure, while others do better when they're just having fun, so don't expect the same strategy to work for every team.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought the episode was decent not to bad. I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. The lesson was pretty good I think. Stuff I didn't like was AppleDash forcing there ways of team spirit on to pinkie pie and Fluttershy. There way of playing was just fine in my opinion. And snails wasn't annoying this episode. He needs more solo episodes. So I have to give today's episode a 7/10 it wasn't that bad actually. It was written well this week.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

A very well made episode that I enjoyed quite a bit.  Spoiler version below!

First off, DID NOT SEE LITTLE STRONGHEART!!  THEY LIED TO US!!  At least that's what the fandom is saying, but I'll have more confirmation on that later today.

Snails being as talented as he is with levitating objects is definitely out of left field, and he's just about the same age as the Cutie Mark Crusaders?  Why is this guy not in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns again?  He'd probably pass the test.

Some might bring up Magical Mystery Cure since Pinkie sucked at bucking back then, but I argue she could have gotten better over the past two and a half seasons.

However, biggest shenanigan has to go to Fluttershy with how she blocks.  Let's just think about this for a second.  She grabs the ball with her tail, spins around several times while still holding it with her tail and then, using the momentum, throws the ball back to her teammate all in one smooth motion.  I don't want to use a smilie here to express how shocked I am at that, but it seems to defy everything we know about pony logic.  There's only so far a writer can go with breaking physics before they obviously don't care about them and I think we've reached it.  I would make up the excuse of Fluttershy being part monkey with how she used her tail in this episode, but considering neither of her parents are monkeys, I really have no explanation other than the writer for this not caring about physics here. (Other than a monkey teaching her a thing or two?  I wouldn't put it past her at this point.  OH!  Fan fiction idea!!)

Also, good to see that Fluttershy is still knowing the right thing to say when it needs to be said.  They don't care about being in "the zone", they just want to have fun with the game.  Them having fun is when Fluttershy and Pinkie are actually good at it.  This really serves as a good lesson in the end.

A good episode, but the logic with Fluttershy's tail still baffles me.

Next week is the skipped episode of this Season where the CMCs help a young griffon.  See ya later!