The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Is it legal to watch that episode yet? It's kind of unclear from these comments.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here's my review on the newest episode.

To be honest, this episode feels like it's about a month late, especially with the creepy atmosphere it was giving off throughout the episode. (Seriously, scary creepy castle that spooks nearly every character easily screams Halloween Episode.) Other than that, it was enjoyable.  There's really nothing bad about this, just that they could've done more.  It was entertaining to see Applejack and Rainbow Dash being scared out of their wits throughout the episode. (Twilight wins Bravest Pony! :P: )

In the end, it just feels like an episode that's only average.  It's not bad, but it just feels like they could've done more with it.

That's at least my feeling on it.

That's all for now.

See ya later! :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I ignored the leak and waited until this afternoon to find a high-quality video of it on YouTube. (The Hub's website doesn't post the new episodes until Monday, so my initial options each week will be rather limited.)

What I liked most is not the content, but rather it's relation to previous and later episodes. We immediately see Twilight trying to figure out the secrets of that mystery box, right after the previous episode. And at the end, the Mane 6 agree to start a group diary, like Celestia and Luna did over a thousand years earlier. So it looks like there will no longer be any friendship reports, but instead entries to this group diary.

As I expected, the third episode would finish setting the stage for the rest of the season, and it is next week's episode that will return to the common slice-of-life episodes.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I did see it streaming this morning.  Glad I downloaded the leaked episode since I've not been able to find anything about 360, which is the resolution of the leaked episode also.  Though it was leaked and I downloaded it I didn't watch it till the streaming this morning.  

Overall I liked it, though  it does feel like a filler episode.  Which is ok.  I like that it had a tie to the previous season premiere, with what Twilight was doing.  I do wonder if the old castle will be fixed up at some point and become Twilight's castle.  Pretty humorous episode, and fun to watch.

I heard one commenter comparing it to Scooby Doo and it was.  Even with the Velma bit with Twilight carrying everyone like Velma has done in a few episodes, I always love seeing that, though it's not done to often as I recall.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think you guys are being just a bit too picky about this episode. I watched it, and yeah, sure, it has nothing to do with the overarching plot, but when have most of the episodes ever been related to that?

I loved this episode! It was an awesome callback to Scooby Doo and general mystery shows of its sort! I was laughing from start to finish.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wasn't being picky. I just didn't have enough time last night to say more about what I liked.

There were certainly some funny moments. Even though I knew almost from the start that Pinkie Pie was the "Pony of Shadows", it actually didn't have any negative effects on how I saw this episode because I knew there would be lots of humor at the reveal, and boy was I right.

My favorite moment was when Pinkie said, "Did you know I could play a pipe organ? Because I certainly didn't!" *plays the sports 'Charge!' theme*  :lol:  That was so out of left field (no pun intended).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually really liked this last episode, especially when AJ and RD were having their little competition, it reminded me a lot of that "Iron Pony" episode in season 1? (You must, know what I'm talking about. The name escapes me now, but it's that one episode where AJ and RD have a race and Twilight SParkle ended up coming in fifth place.)

Anyway, I think I may have even liked it better than the premiere in fact. I mean the premiere was good, but, it seems that they may have been trying to fit in too much in too little time. It was light years above the season 3 preimiere though, I'll give it that.

What, I can't wait for is I think the Daring Do episode. Now, On Wiki I read something about a episode called "Daring Don't" The synopsis is the Mane six have to help this writer come up with ideas on how to finish her book. It sounds like this could be a another Daring Do episode.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be, and if the author is not Twilight's mother some on the fandom will be upset likely since there are some in fandom that have made it fancanon that the author of the Daring Doo books is Twilight's mother.  No idea why.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's the brony fandom. Not only do they latch onto ridiculous fan created ideas, but boy, if you challenge those ideas, they rise up as one and slay you. That's why I'm so giddy each and every time the show spits in the face of their "fancanon"! It shows who really is in charge of the show, and it ISN'T the bronies!
I wait with baited breath for the episode that shows that Starswirl the Bearded and Discord ARE NOT one and the same because I know it's coming.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I went ahead and downloaded the episode to see if the show had improved in quality from the last I had seen of it and was left unimpressed. I would have to assume this is MLP at its worst with no conflict or plot threading to keep interest in the episode, and just barely qualifies as "character shenanigans." They literally just run around a castle for 20 minutes and spook each other with over exaggerated reactions that grow tiring a minute in. From my experience "villains" in MLP are not malicious or threatening in any way and are often revealed to be friendly, and I have no reason to believe otherwise after watching this episode. It's also strange how the rabbit creature immediately forgot about fluttershy when they separated, and the dragon things sarcastic response about something he spent the whole episode fearing. Pinkie pie remains to be my least favorite character, her charisma falls flat and her fourth wall breaking awareness of the situation breaks the little cohesion the "narrative" has. It's funny because shes playing a prank, right u guyz? haha she so funni lulz

Filler can still have substantial value and offer an opportunity to delve into the characters and their universe, so I'll hold any show up to those standards.

Bronies are always the first to recommend I watch the show further before I comment, so I will occasionally... Otherwise I'll stick to Martha Speaks or Wordgirl for charming childrens shows.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, look, the troll is back to try to stir up more trouble. You just can't leave well enough alone, can you? Look, pal, you couldn't be more trasparent with what you're trying to do. You are trying to get our goads so that we'll react and the mods will have to close the thread once and for all. Also, nicely done with the under-handed insults directed at us. You're usually not so brave.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Everyone has a right to express their opinion WR. I still don't like the show either, but I know I'll be attacked if I even try to express my opinion. Instead of attacking him straight up, you should try to accept that people who do not like the show can ALSO post in this topic.

I agree that Campion should not have said "Little girls".

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not calling him a troll because he expressed an opinion! I DO accept that people who don't like the show can post on this topic. I have never had a problem with that. But what I do have a problem with are people coming onto this topic specifically to insult us. Read between the lines a little! That was blatantly an under-handed insult directed at us to try to get us to do something that would get this topic closed! It's what he's always wanted and everyone knows it! You're seriously going to tolerate this?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we're not going to close the thread Wr, so dont worry about that. i don;t think campion is on a campaign to get the thread closed, if he was, he likely would have mentioned it in some of his posts. people who are focused on a goal, tend to talk about it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
You never tell the enemy what you plan to do. That's a sure fire way to lose. campion1, I will be watching you. Even though the admins aren't going to do something about you right now, you WILL cross the line someday. You already have a number of times, and I will be there to report you.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
when is the next new episode going to air wR? i get the show sometimes on the HUB, although given as i've not watched the entire show, i not sure which episode or season they are from.  i think we are on season 4 right?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, we are. The scheduling gets bounced around a little, so I'm not sure when new episodes are on. I've been getting them off of my satellite's automatic recording of episodes.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How many seasons are there supposed to be? or have the creators said anything about that?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: