The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Crash... we didn't want to hear

Threehorn · 159 · 16247

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Heh.. Looks cool..

John, if you need to talk to anyone.. I'm on msn..  :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I sure do hope that the shut-down is only temporary. I'll wait no more than five years, and if they don't come back, then I guess the shut-down is indeed permanent. -_-

However, if it is permanent, I do see at least one benefit. When you write a good fanfic, it can be frustrating when a new sequel or episode comes out and it contradicts something in your fanfic. If no new sequels or episodes are ever going to come out, you won't have to worry about any future contradictions. This is especially true for that well-known plot-hole created by the TV series. (how Chomper got off the island, how he met Ruby, and how they were accepted into the Great Valley (without knowing officially what happens here, you can say whatever you want :yes ))

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
...Earlier today...  I talked with Iris about this...  And we cried...  ...A tear actually fell onto my glasses...  I let it spread, relishing in the symbolism of the end...  And...  As I helped it to spread natually across the lens...  It formed a perfect L...  (LBT...  Love...  Yes, both of those...)  I let it dry, then washed them.... :( As I said before....  Rest...  In...  Peace...  *neck breaking crunch*
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have to ask would they really want to tick off loyal customers?

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think I'd take it a step further and B-52 em.  Anyway, It makes no sense to stop the series as long as it is making money.  Hopefully this is just temporary.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: General Grievous,Jul 3 2008 on  05:32 PM
I think I'd take it a step further and B-52 em.  Anyway, It makes no sense to stop the series as long as it is making money.  Hopefully this is just temporary.
Yeah so do I. Cause they don't want to meet my little friend called low level fly by at Mach 1.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not really bothered too much by the crash, to be honest. I've never really been upset about the cancellation of any series I've seen, whether I liked it or not. No offense intended.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While I respect your viewpoints, DarkHououmon, unfortunately, I cannot agree here, as most here cannot.  We love this series - some of us very much (puts himself on that list) and it is hard to see something like this come down... :( However, I respect your viewpoints.  You seem to have an easier time dealing with it than many of us here...  ...Goodbye, LBT... :(
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dang, just as I was getting back into the series, it shuts down. While this is unfortunate, I do know we have to move on with life. This was a great series, but it's not something we all should dwell on.

This isn't going to stop me from coming up with a story/stories for the series however, and it shouldn't stop any of you guys from coming up with something to contribute.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Spartanguy88,Jul 3 2008 on  06:03 PM
Dang, just as I was getting back into the series, it shuts down. While this is unfortunate, I do know we have to move on with life. This was a great series, but it's not something we all should dwell on.

This isn't going to stop me from coming up with a story/stories for the series however, and it shouldn't stop any of you guys from coming up with something to contribute.
Yeah, I plan to do a tribute video in the future... :(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Not a surprise to me....LBT has been milked for quite some time now.  I'll just say what is true--no tv series lasts forever, nor movie series.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Upset Statement:  That is imposssible.  If those meatbags have permanently silenced my favorite series...I think I shall have to let them know my definition of "love".  
(HK-47 reference)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
This doesn't make any sense.  Do the people that run Universal Studios even have brains???  They've popped more LBT toys out their a$$ in the last 2 years than any other series I've ever seen and they seem to be selling quite well.  This has to be temporary.  Moving to a larger office perhaps?  Man, I'll tell ya, if they close down LBT permanently I'm gonna pirate LBT like crazy.  The only thing that's been stopping me is my moral obligation to keep LBT alive, but if it's dead anyways I don't give a sh**. :angry:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 3 2008 on  11:28 PM
Man, I'll tell ya, if they close down LBT permanently I'm gonna pirate LBT like crazy.  The only thing that's been stopping me is my moral obligation to keep LBT alive, but if it's dead anyways I don't give a sh**. :angry:
Cancelled or not, you could still get into trouble if you pirate LBT. Are you willing to take that risk?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Cancelled or not, you could still get into trouble if you pirate LBT. Are you willing to take that risk?

I don't think I'll respond to that.  Don't want to break invisionfree's rules if ya know what I mean. :p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll be honest, and I hope I don't offend anyone here. But some of the responses I've seen in this topic truly..bother me.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well...  At least you're being honest about things bothering you...  ...I say again, farewell LBT...  *graveyard bells tolling*

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The news will not turn me into an amok runner nor make me enjoy the thought of people getting murdered (be it by B52 bombers or Hk-47s). Some messages from LBT seem not to have sunk in enough after 13 sequels and 26 episodes <_<
Is there anyone here who feels that these news will compel him or her to leave the GOF and not be interested in LBT anymore?
And if there is not, is the difference really as tremendous as it seems at the moment?
Every single one of us has made up an own concept of the land before time. A very personal land before time so to speak which is sometimes expressed in the stories we write ourselves and in other forms of art or in our discussions. No closing down of any office anywhere in the world can take away those lands before time unless the "keeper" him or herself decides to give up on it.