The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Crash... we didn't want to hear

Threehorn · 159 · 16385

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
What I mean is this: boycotting Universal by refusing to watch future movies because LBT might get cancelled just seems to be a way of trying to force them into making more LBT when they might not want to, or be able to. It just seems unfair in my opinion.

If anyone decides to boycott Universal, well it's their decision. I can't stop them.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry if I came across as harsh, but LBT has always had a very special place in my heart and Universal should at least give a beautiful series a proper ending(no asteroids please, for that contradicts the conclusion of the original <_<).

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
It has a very special place in my heart, too, Cancerian Tiger....  One that will remain forever...........
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Definitley not the news I wanted, 00:45 last night, in the car, alone and exausted.
That really was a deep cut in my heart... My god that hurted...  :(
....So the day has come... :(

I sat on top of the mountains, thinking about it last night.
The sun went down in the horizon, with these news, and I broke.  :(

But, as you've all so well stated:

The Land Before Time lives, and will do so TO THE END OF ALL TIME!!!

Myself, I've just finished my RPG plan.
We'll get trough this!  :yes

It's a farewell, NOT a goodbye. I'll never accept the opposite.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't have to boycott Universal.  I've seen a lot of their movies and they all sucked in my opinion.  LBT is the only movie made by Universal that I actually like. :p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
When I think of Universal, the first thing that pops in my mind is not LBT, but the Jurassic Park trilogy, which is, for the most part, my favorite dinosaur movies.

I think I have seen other movies by Universal, but I don't remember much of what they made. I think they did "We're Back", an old childhood fav of mine.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm; I remember hearing something about "We're Back!", but never got into it, actually.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Quote from: Threehorn,Jul 3 2008 on  08:29 AM
It possible they relocated and not told Aria's mum where they relocated or anyone else for that matter. Aria the voice actor of Ducky. So I got this news for her mum.

There is alot of other possible reasons, a break period to recollect thoughts and give Land Before Time a breather cause they have been bring out LBT out since 1996, that 12 movies in 12 years on top of that LBT TV Series, so many might need the time to get recharged and then come back again later date.

So closing the office down for now would be a logical step to recharge the brain cells and come up with new stuff for Land before Time in the furture. Plus why have a whole floor powered up when there no one there for the moment. so that could the reason for the office to be closed.
I'm just gonna go with what Threehorn said here after all when it comes to movies with many sequels there will be times where there will be no sequels for an amount of years and then the series returns. This guys has happened with movies that's had multiple sequels before.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
^ I agree.
Bringing up so many sequels takes alot of effort.
Maybe they just ran out of ideas and need to take a break.

I just hope they won't cancel it and come back with new and better stories.  :yes

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree, Sky.  Cancelling it at this point, would suck.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jasper,Jul 5 2008 on  11:26 PM
I'm just gonna go with what Threehorn said here after all when it comes to movies with many sequels there will be times where there will be no sequels for an amount of years and then the series returns. This guys has happened with movies that's had multiple sequels before.
Yes, look at other movies with many sequels, like James Bond and Godzilla.  Like I mentioned before when they are doing a movie sequel of a movie series I'd guess they do not always keep the office open with folks just sitting around doing nothing till production on the next movie starts.  They likely shut down that office and have the folks move to other projects, then when the time comes up for the next movie sequel to start production they open the office again.  Sometimes the time between the production of a sequel may be a very short time, other times it may be weeks, months, a year or a few, ect.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sometimes the time between the production of a sequel may be a very short time, other times it may be weeks, months, a year or a few, ect.

Indiana Jones anyone? :lol

How old is Harrison now?  70? :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't count him, but movies that had many sequels, like James Bond, Godzilla, to name a few.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 6 2008 on  02:42 AM
Sometimes the time between the production of a sequel may be a very short time, other times it may be weeks, months, a year or a few, ect.

Indiana Jones anyone? :lol

How old is Harrison now?  70? :lol:
Don't forget Schwareneger. Terminator 4 "With a Cane"  :lol
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Talk about boycotting Universals is rather ridiculous in my opinion. Not only that from their point of view they did not do anything reprehensible (though it would have been commendable from an economic point of view if a bit more of an effort had been made with regard to the recent sequels (and also keep in mind it is not confirmed that they really "did" anything at all)) but it also won't have any effect. Even if every single member of the GOF (a bit more than 200 people less than 70 or 80 are really active) were to boycott Universals they wouldn't even notice it.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Here, what i think: who actually cares about official support of the series, when there is so many fans of them in the world? There is a lot of caccelled series, who still lives: new fanart being created, new fan stories being written, new ideas being born. If there will be no LBT 14th movie anytime soon, that doesn't mean, that fans won't create it themself in the future. :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Perhaps boycotting would not be the best way to handle this. I am still disgusted at the possibility of LBT and its fans getting a slap in the face like this :angry:.  In any case, we must be hopeful the office only transferred and not shut down forever.  Yeah, Coyote_A, they did release LBT 7 two years after LBT 6, as well as two years between LBT 11 and LBT 12 :yes.  So...perhaps it is not a lost cause.  I'll just keep on praying LBT will not end yet.  The folks at Universal should at least have it in themselves to give this beloved series a proper ending, as I have previously stated.  That way, knowing this day would come, the fans would at least have closure that would not leave them hanging.  When the series(hopefully properly) concludes, there will still be much room for fanfiction :yes  :^.^:.  There's no need to lose hope, for LBT will always be in our hearts.  Nothing will ever change that ;)  B)  :^.^:.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LBT is indeed within those movies that holds SO many stories attached to it, whether it be from movies, TV episodes or a mix of both, that someone actually saying "IT SUCKS", they REALLY don't know what their talking about.  Simply, how can it NOT be good in the area it aims for if it has SO much attached to it?

Few can claim the title of being THE best in the area they go for.  Godzilla won it in Monster Movies, James Bond won the Action Title, and LBT won that title in Family.  There's just NO questioning it there.

So, after some soul searching, I'd say this is just a nice break they're taking and it will appear again one day.

I just hope they finish bringing out the DVDs for the TV Series.  I mean, they only have 17 now and the next one will make it 21.  So, there's still another unknown one that needs to be announced.  I just hope it comes. :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 6 2008 on  02:43 PM
LBT won that title in Family.  There's just NO questioning it there.

Yeah a very good point.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's my opinion, the LBT office could likely be shut-down only temporarily, and for a good reason. Perhaps they realized how poor the latest sequels actually were, and perhaps they had too much of a time limit to come up with better ideas. By temporarily shutting-down the office, they have far more time to come up with great ideas for possible sequels. It probably should take no more than a year or two (maybe even a few years) for them to come up with "the great idea", by which time they will hopefully reopen the office.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls