The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2439 · 165603

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
When I get really excited about something while I'm talking, my voice starts cracking, even though I'm 18  <_<

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I recently found out by looking at the tumblr pony confessions that while I love MLP, it could never have the same affect on me as Land Before Time or Lion King did.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I rarely get sick.

Despite having a strong interest in the military/weaponry, I do not wish to enlist. And even if I did, I have several disqualifiying conditions. Although in 8th grade I was told by a civilian worker at Picatinny Arsenal that I should work there.

Oh and I want to go to the Knob Creek machine gun shoot at least once in my life. Heavy weaponry? Yes please!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
I get hyper after drinking iced tea, which is my fave drink. I don't like eating junk foods, as well as fast foods (except for fried chicken :)) and chocolate and also soft drinks.  :x

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I learned recently that I have a great-aunt in my ancestry who was telekinetic, aka able to move objects with her mind.  However, she scared herself so much that she eventually stopped doing it for fear it would create evil, like in Stephen King's "Carrie".

Another thing about me is that my hair and eyes are naturally multi-colored.  My hair is mostly blonde with some brunette and red strands, and my eyes are green-blue.  Depending on the top I'm wearing, they may appear entirely blue or entirely green :blink:.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A good percentage of my school supplies are scavenged.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I am rarely the starter of chats on MSN, but please don't misunderstand this as disinterest in chatting.

I prefer writing with a fountian pen over writing with a ball tip pen (at least in case of most ball tip pens I have used so far).

In have been mispronouncing the word "movie" for years and seriously need to work to get rid of the wrong pronounciation. All along I have been pronouncing it like there was a j in it. "Mjiuvie" < something like that :lol

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Seeing Bruton's actions on Thursday reminded me of what I consider to be my biggest blunder on the internet. -_-

It happened back in 2004, not long after I had joined BZPower.com, the largest Bionicle fan forum. There was one fanfiction that I really liked reading and commenting on. (A bit of background info, due to the large number of people who typically comment on fanfiction there, writers are required to create two separate topics: one for the story alone and one for all of the comments and feedback.) At one point, it had been weeks since the writer had posted another chapter, so I quickly lost patience and wanted to know what was taking him so long. I even dropped an F-bomb in one of my posts (censoring only the second letter because it's a vowel). I received a warning and I quickly apologized for getting carried away with my actions. Not long after that, the writer decided to close the review topic and create a new one, due to everyone's impatience making a mess of things in the old topic. I wasn't the only one responsible for such bad behavior, but I never denied that I was part of the problem, and I felt very guilty about it for a long time. :cry

That incident is the only time I have ever cursed in any online response (post, email, etc.). I certainly didn't want to risk going though that again, and I still don't, which is why, no matter how angry or frustrated I get, you will never see me use profanity online. I guess for some people, some lessons just need to be learned the hard way. (Though in Bruton's case, it seems some people need to learn such lessons harder than other people. <_< )

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like thunderstorms, and if there is one at night, I leave the blinds open so I can see it.  Unlike many, I sleep really soundly during thunderstorms :p.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I noticed my accent is changing significantly.

Apparently my relatives are noticing that I now have an unusual hybrid accent - Southern (specifically VA dialect) with strong NJ.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Feb 3 2012 on  10:55 PM
I like thunderstorms, and if there is one at night, I leave the blinds open so I can see it.  Unlike many, I sleep really soundly during thunderstorms :p.
As do I. It's the reason why I installed a skylight in my bedroom. :D
Also, I can sleep through just about anything. I once slept through my niece and nephew jumping on me.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm a very, very good faker.  Probably in part due to my autism, I really don't actually feel very many emotions, but I can certainly act the part.

Also, I love plushies.  I have way, way too many of them.

And to top it off, I also am apparently attractive enough to make many question their sexuality.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just found out some interesting news from my great grandmother on my father's side. According to her, we have Aztec descendants. I'm not sure if it's true, but my dad's side of the family originates from Mexico so it might be possible.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I'm adopted from Guatemala.

Just like StarFall, I like plushies.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Feb 5 2012 on  07:46 PM
I'm a very, very good faker.  Probably in part due to my autism, I really don't actually feel very many emotions, but I can certainly act the part.

I'm quite the opposite.  I'm probably one of the world's most terrible liars, and honest to a fault.  I tend to not sugarcoat anything and yet be diplomatic at the same time :p.

I am now officially interested in making purses and handbags out of duct tape, and selling them :lol.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I really have no interest in getting tattoos or piercings

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Neither do I.
These days I'm sometimes rediscovering a certain fondness for acting. During last saturday's meeting with friends for a pen and paper RPG in which I was the conductor (the one who presents the world and all other characters to the players) I acted as a greasy old hag with a crush on one of the unwilling player characters, a little boy whose parents (also played by me) tried to sell him while he was eager enough to get away that he just made a getaway after he was not sold, a huge giant blacksmith with an affection for dwarves, a sly slave trader, the leader of a caravan, the clumsy looking servant of the caravan leader who always pretends to be a numb dimwit around people when in fact he is a rather sharp minded person... the list goes on. In any case me and my friends had a good time that day :lol:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Turns out that I'm not too bad at pistol shooting for a first timer.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^I would probably be interested in learning how to use firearms if I ever get over my daggone fear of them :p.  I know they're good for defense and all, but the thought of using something that could very likely kill a person scares me too much :confused.

I just recently discovered I may have to eventually have my right rotator cuff replaced.  Over the past few months, I've been starting to experience signs of early rotator cuff deterioration, and several people I work with have had the procedure done, so I'm pretty sure that's what it is :neutral.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I have an odd habit of reflexively saying "ow" or "ouch" when I'm not hurt, usually when I bump into things, knock something over, or perform some other act of clumsiness, especially when it results in a loud noise. Those things tend to make me flinch, and my involuntary exclamations of nonexistent pain tend to come hand-in-hand with such reactions.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.