The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT crossovers you want to see

jedi472 · 15 · 1759

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, I figured that since there's already a topic for seemingly absurd crossovers, I thought it'd be cool to see what LBT crossovers people would actually like. ( I seem to remember another topic like this, but I couldn't recall if it had been done. Sorry if I posted a redundant topic!)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Call me bizarre bit I actually WANT to see a Halo X LBT cross (Hey, I loved the Star Wars X LBT cross!).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Feb 6 2009 on  12:00 AM
Call me bizarre bit I actually WANT to see a Halo X LBT cross (Hey, I loved the Star Wars X LBT cross!).
There was one on FF.net but it's gone now. But I would like to see a Medal Of Honor/LBT crossover and I mean all the MOH games execpt heroes & Heroes 2 and the one on GBA.

Godsmack

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Don't know if this has been done, but a Zelda X LBT crossover.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've read only a few chapters of the Halo x LBT crossover and stopped reading it because I didn't like how Cera and Mr. Threehorn were portrayed.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Elements of Zelda - Ocarina of Time have been used in Jason's "Battle of the Sacret Essences". However these elements do not include characters (no Link or Zelda in the story). I don't know if there are any stories with a closer "Link" ;) between both stories.
Personally (sorry if this remark is superfluous here) I always try to promote the very small minority of non-crossing over stories which include no elements which just don't fit into LBT.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been thinking about my LBT/Simpons post on the Insane Crossover thread; and I now actually want to see it happen.

I would give anything to see the Simpson family (and Chief Wiggum, my favorite non-Simpson character) in the LBT dinosaur form.

:lol

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ever since I regained my liking of LBT, I had always wanted to see a Bionicle/LBT crossover. However, I knew there would probably be very few people who are fans of LBT and Bionicle, so I felt that I should be the one to write it. I started it in late January in 2008 (over a year ago now). Although I still have a somewhat long way to go, my fanfic seems to be great so far.

I've also been planing a few sequels to this fanfic as well. I recently wasn't sure about actually writing them, but as the Bionicle storyline for 2009 started off, I decided to revise my ideas a little, and now, everything I'm planning fits together much better than they did in my original plans.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would like to see a crossover of Land Before Time and Pokemon: Battle Dimension.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Feb 5 2009 on  11:58 PM
Dink/Land Before Time
Hello:
 Wow, you read my mind on this one DH :smile. I think this is the most plausible crossover I can think about... and a very cool one too.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dink and LBT would make one of the few crossing overs that would basically harmonize when it comes to the setting etc. However, what would be gained? Which characteristic features would be added that neither franchise had by itself? Which conflicts would open up to make an interesting plot? In short, which advantage would there be to cross them over rather than working with the characters of each franchise and characters created for it?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Feb 5 2009 on  10:58 PM
Dink/Land Before Time
Yes, a Dink & LBT crossover would be easy to do, with only minimal adjustment needing to be done.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 7 2009 on  07:30 AM
Dink and LBT would make one of the few crossing overs that would basically harmonize when it comes to the setting etc. However, what would be gained? Which characteristic features would be added that neither franchise had by itself? Which conflicts would open up to make an interesting plot? In short, which advantage would there be to cross them over rather than working with the characters of each franchise and characters created for it?
What's the harm in wanting to cross them over anyway?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not harm in general (a matter of taste I think), but for example there would be quite a few characters to employ who do not so widely differ from the LBT characters. Whenever there are new characters in LBT they either differ from the characters very much (up to the point of villain characters), or they are in need of help. With the group of Dink included into an LBT story one would need something really to tell. Just letting the two groups do what they are doing anyway all the time and which both groups could do all by themselves one would need something that made sure the characters were there for a purpose other than just having a long list of characters. Some LBT movies have been criticized for neglecting Ducky, Petrie, and Spike on behalf of Littlefoot and Cera. With Dink, Amber, Scrat, Flapper, and Shila added to the group there would be twice as many characters to share the action and the result might be that many of the characters might be mentioned but left with little individual action.
No doubt there are interesting possibilities (e.g. it would be funny to see almost Cera-like Flapper with the much shyer Petrie or Cera who would not be accustomed to that kind of attitude from a flyer), but with ten main characters one really needs a lot of stuff to do and say lest some of them be nominally present only.