The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wr, taking further shots at campion does nothing but keep this matter going. please drop it. talk about the upcoming episodes and the show, trying to get in 'the last word' doesnt help anybody, and makes more work for the admins, who would much prefer this matter be over and done with..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am looking forward to tomorrow's episode and if it'll confirm or break the fan canon.  I also wonder if Rainbowdash will be one of the main characters or if it'll be more of a shared thing.  Avoiding any real detail, even mentioning the episode title since I'm sure some not only avoid spoilers but also what the episode titles are.  

I don't go after looking for spoilers, but if I hear or read one, that's ok.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, before I go to bed, here is the official updated list of ALL of those who will be Live Streaming the new episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/dari...treams-and.html

See you all tomorrow when I review the new episode!

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder how fandom will react now that fan canon of who the author is is no longer valid.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Y'all know so many people complained that "Keep Calm and Flutter On" seemed like a badly written fanfic?

Well, that's because...in a way, it was .

The guy who wrote the outline of it, Teddy Antonio, is a teenage brony whose parents apparently used to work with Hasbro.

Seriously, I'm a little pissed because it just reeks of nepotism. Same goes for Christopher Paolini.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
simple answer is always the best. if it sounds like nepotism and looks like nepotism, then most likely it IS nepotism.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
And? The episode was still enjoyable.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh!  I STILL can't wrap my head around how some of the "fans" came up with the idea of Twilight's mother being the author of the Daring Do books.  Yeah, pretty dumb if you ask me. :slap

Anyways, this was quite a good episode.  It was just too enjoyable.  I really like the idea of the actual author being Daring Do herself.  The adventure that happened was just awesome.  Really, the only ones I see hating this are the idiots I mentioned earlier.

It's really good and I would highly recommend it to any fan out there. :)

Well, time to see what theories there are of the next episode and how easily they'll be trounced.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, I've kinda noticed that, too. It's almost like the show's creators are going through popular fan theories and then purposefully trouncing.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice episode this week. I was not expecting the author of Daring Do and the main character herself to be one and the same, and I especially didn't expect that reveal to happen so soon in the episode. It was also great to see the Mane 6, especially Rainbow Dash, get personally involved in the latest Daring Do adventure.

The one thing that particularly caught my attention was this quote: "I work alone." I've heard those three words used before in various shows and movies, and I like seeing it here as well. It shows that the hero has always done things a certain way, but their philosophy of flying solo is largely abandoned by the end of the adventure. Since this is a show about friendship, I find it to be an excellent concept to be featured.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I did like the twist with the author being Daring Doo herself in a secret idea.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Dec 7 2013 on  09:29 PM
Ugh!  I STILL can't wrap my head around how some of the "fans" came up with the idea of Twilight's mother being the author of the Daring Do books.  Yeah, pretty dumb if you ask me. :slap

Anyways, this was quite a good episode.  It was just too enjoyable.  I really like the idea of the actual author being Daring Do herself.  The adventure that happened was just awesome.  Really, the only ones I see hating this are the idiots I mentioned earlier.

It's really good and I would highly recommend it to any fan out there. :)

Well, time to see what theories there are of the next episode and how easily they'll be trounced.

The implications came from the Gameloft game and in the comics.

I'm of the "ala carte" method when it comes to canon and fanfiction. Take what's needed for the fic to work and discard what's not needed.

The other thing I'm finding odd is why so many people here are ridiculously spiteful towards headcanon and fanon.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Personally, I was just thinking, "Okay, either this is the shittiest self-insert ever, or a stroke of genius." I'm still not quite sure which one it is, and I still can't believe it's not fiction. Other than that, this episode is LITERALLY me about anything I'm excited about ever. *CoughcoughSEASONTHREEOFSHERLOCKJANUARY19THWAHHHHHcoughitycough* Not to mention that when Twilight and Rainbow are arguing is my and my friends over almost anything ever. Again. Although, it's always painful to watch your favorite character embarrass themselves.

And we got these gems.

My personal favorite, though...

Like, what is up with that? I can't even. Quality animation, Hasbro. Quality animation.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I loved this episode. Total plot twist, I was not expecting Do to be the Author. But, let me just say this did, Dash seem a bit too "Fan Girlish" almost to the point where she was way out of Character?  RD is my favorite of the Mane six, and it seemed like she was a bit too Fan Girlish , and annoying in some ways. But, I gotta admit, this made me go "Awwww"

It was so obvious, that by the end of the episode a Hardened Daring was softened by Dash. Despite it being sort of out of character to admire Do this much, I really loved this episode. And it was really funny how Twilight and Dash were having that debate.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The debate was a funny scene.  Like any 2 fans of a franchise talking with each other.  

That is a cute scene.  Makes he wonder and hope that Daring Do may appear again in the future.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, time for the Live Streams for tomorrow's new episode.  Before doing so, I have a few things to point out about the new one coming up.

First off, the new episode will focus on the Cutie Mark Crusaders, mainly focusing on Scootaloo.  Next, this episode has the rumor going on that she'll finally learn to fly.  However, remember that this is only a rumor based on nothing more than the synopsis.  Do not go flaming and bashing if it doesn't happen.  Finally, there is said to be a song in this one.  We shall see, though.

Anyways, with all that out of the way, here is the link to the ones that are Live Streaming the new episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/stre...hons-today.html

Well, that's all from me!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm pretty much okay with anything they do with Scootaloo as long as it isn't completely out of left field and against her character. Have her turn out to be a disabled due to under-developed wings? Fine. Have her learn to fly? Fine. Have her get her Cutie Mark? Please, do.