The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm going to be honest, this week's episode was just okay to me. Not great, but I certainly don't hate it. (I love this series too much to hate any episode.) I guess the main reason for this is that the status-quo in maintained, so to speak. Scootaloo still can't fly, the CMC still don't have their cutie marks, and we still know nothing about Scootaloo's family.

At least we got a little scene in Scootaloo's bedroom (proving that she's not homeless, as some fans think). Those Wonderbolts posters seem to show that she's just as much a fan of them as Rainbow Dash is. Speaking of whom, I think it was nice of her to say that, regardless of whether or not Scootaloo is ever able to fly, she'll always think she's cool.

Despite having the first song of the season, this episode just didn't have much of an impact on me. :unsure:

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
You'd think Hasbro would be on the creative team's asses to get the CMC their Cutie Marks, considering how they've been pushing them to introduce new characters and places in Equestria in order to make new toys. Hell, Alicorn Twilight has worked out for them.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's what I think... they are gonna WAIT and give maybe the Cutie Marks a cutie Mark on the last episode of Season 4 and than have an extended wait. It would keep Bronies interested in a "What's gonna happen now" sort of way for a while. Kinda like how Twilight became an alicorn at the end of season 3.

I really liked this episode a lot. It has been a while since I saw a Scoot episode. All though it still raises questions whether Scoot has a family or is she just a filly at a Orphanage.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
That sounds like a dumb idea for the show's creators. No one watches this show for the CMC. At this point, I think most bronie are done with the "CMC seek their Cutie Marks" plot line and just want it over with.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I will say this now about the song, it may not be all that great, but it sure is catchy!

Anyways, sorry I'm so late with this!  Spent the day with the family and two little devils just wouldn't shut up so I can concentrate on what I wanted to say! <_<

On topic, there's not much I can say about this episode and it's kind of forgetful for me.  It was good, but I only remember the main points about it.

I do see some fans hopeful that The Equestria Games will happen as the last episode of the season, but we'll see. :)

That's all from me!

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked the episode overall.  The 2 fillies were very annoying.  It did make sense they got away without punishment since none of the cms's, especially Scootaloo, ever said anything like, but Silverspoon said... (I don't recall what either of their names are).   It'll be interesting to see if the CMC's do their act in the Equistrian Games.  I hope it doesn't feel rushed if it is the last episode of this season, like the last episode of season 3 felt very rushed to me.  

I didn't like they way they made it seem like they went all the way to the Crystal Empire with Dash flying and Scootaloo pulling the other 2 on her scooter.  Makes more sense that Rainbow Dash went ahead and had the train wait at the next station, (or where the train would need to stop to take on water if it works like the steam trains of this world did in the 19th century) while the CMC's got to that area and got on the train.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, the creators got pretty much screwed by the 13 episode limit that was imposed on them by Hasbro in Season 3.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, it's official!  There actually will be an episode of The Equestria Games!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/the-...coming-mlp.html

When is pretty much not known right now, but it is coming! :)

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
“Bats!” รณ When Applejack’s beautiful orchard falls under attack on Apple Bucking Day, it is clear that the dreaded Vampire Fruitbats have returned and Applejack is ready to take drastic measures to protect the orchard. However, the always compassionate Fluttershy argues for a more humane plan, which causes conflict between the two and could cost them their friendship, on “My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic,” Saturday, December 28 at 10:30 a.m. ET/ 7:30 a.m. PT on the Hub Network.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like that could be an interesting episode and show more of both of their characters.  Maybe others and show who takes who's side if they have Twilight and others.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Dec 16 2013 on  01:27 PM
I liked the episode overall.  The 2 fillies were very annoying.  It did make sense they got away without punishment since none of the cms's, especially Scootaloo, ever said anything like, but Silverspoon said... (I don't recall what either of their names are).   It'll be interesting to see if the CMC's do their act in the Equistrian Games.  I hope it doesn't feel rushed if it is the last episode of this season, like the last episode of season 3 felt very rushed to me.  

I didn't like they way they made it seem like they went all the way to the Crystal Empire with Dash flying and Scootaloo pulling the other 2 on her scooter.  Makes more sense that Rainbow Dash went ahead and had the train wait at the next station, (or where the train would need to stop to take on water if it works like the steam trains of this world did in the 19th century) while the CMC's got to that area and got on the train.
Amazing enough, you just said one of their names when you said Silverspoon. They are named after their cutie marks so the one with the Silver Spoon cutie mark is literally called Silver Spoon , and the one with the Tiara cutie mark is called Diamond Tiara. I am looking forward to that "Bats" episode I wonder what they mean by more " humane." Are they really gonna have Applejack talk about trying to kill these Bats in a kids show?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks like we got one on Plagiarism coming up.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/rari...n-synopsis.html

Well, let's see how they handle this one.  It is a tricky subject, after all.

Also, it seems Pinkie Pie gets it in her head that her and Applejack might be related.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/pink...s-released.html

I have no words.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, sorry this came so late!  I had work later in the day than usual.

Before I begin, just so you all know, this will have an FV rating on it!  Get ready for some superhero action as Twilight and Spike get sucked into the Comic Book World!

Anyways, here's the streams for tomorrow's episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/stre...hons-today.html

This should get interesting!

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Episode 10: Rainbow Falls
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash must choose between the Ponyville Relay Team and the more competitive Cloudsdale team.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Epic episode. :)  Superheroes are always awesome, and it was neat seeing the kind of powers they got here: Pinkie Pie is super speedy, Rainbow Dash can unleash weather forces, Rarity is like the Green Lantern, Fluttershy is like the Hulk, and... I'm not sure how to describe what Applejack and Twilight got, but they were just as impressive. Overall, I see a lot of fanfiction potential from this episode. The concept of an enchanted comic book like that is interesting.

Outside of the comic book, I wonder why Celestia and Luna suddenly want their old castle to be repaired? I'm sure we'll find out in a much later episode.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I had fun watching it.  It seemed to me at the time that it was a mix of The Avengers & Justice League.  Pinkie was the flash I'd guess.  Fluttershy the hulk.  Applejack was wonder woman.  Some versions of wonder woman do have mental control over their lasso.  Twilight may have been Dr Fate, though he's more of a Justice Society member and not a JLA member.  The closest mage type that I know of that was a JLA member is either Zatanna or Zatarra, never can remember which is the father and which is the daughter, but they have to say what they want to happen backwards.  

Spike could have been any kid sidekick, Bucky Barnes, Rick Jones (who did briefly wear the bucky outfit in the captain america comics), & did hang out with the avengers in their early days.  Snapper Car did with the JLA but he never put on a costume.  

As for the old castle being fixed up my guess is they'll give it to Twilight to use since she is a princess and it is close to Ponyville.  I sorta guessed that when they showed the sneak peak video of some bits from early season 4.  Their old castle may get fixed up and given to Twilight.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Man, that new episode was just AWESOME!  I loved that the Mane Six represented some of my favorite Super Heroes.  Pinkie Pie as Flash, Fluttershy as The Hulk, (Which ironically fits as Fluttershy is the one you really, really, REALLY don't want to get angry.) Applejack as Wonder Woman, Rarity as Green Lantern and Rainbow Dash as Storm from X-Men.  However, Twilight I can't figure out for the life of me.  From what Spike said, we know she can do more than just ice, despite that's all we got to see.

The origin of the villain is reminiscent of The Joker, but the powers completely elude me on whom she is meant to represent. (Though she could be Sedusa from Powerpuff Girls.) Still made for a good villain, though.

In fact, it's so good, I dare anyone to hate it.  Heck, I dare to say that even the haters of the show will like this one. (Though they'll NEVER admit it. ;) ) Definitely enjoyed it, and it's one I would watch again.

That's all from me!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can only think of a few that Mane-iac could be.  One is Medusa (Her power is prehensile hair), she originally was a villain in the early early days of the Fantastic Four, though when the inhumans appeared she became good and stayed good ever after, as far as I know.  Even serving as a member of the FF for a time. Another possibility is the Spidey villian Doc Oct (Doctor Octavious, Doctor Octopus).