The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yes, it was. As long a you didn't take things too seriously, it was fun. Flutterhulk was the best gag.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I absolutely loved this episode. It seems like every character had the costume that fit them perfectly. All though it's kinda funny how the cashier pony never really said anything to Spike, about the book being "Enchanted" literally, or why any book store would sell something like that, Is there a high demand for books that suck their readers into the books? You gotta be real selective for picking out those kinds of books. :lol: I feel bad for the pony that picked out the book on Aliens or dragons. LOL!!!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After reading comments here and on other sites, here's what I think each of the Power Ponies are based on:
Pinkie Pie/Fili-Second: the Flash
Rainbow Dash/Zapp: Storm
Fluttershy/Saddle Rager: the Incredible Hulk
Rarity/Radiance: the Green Lantern
Applejack/Mistress Mare-velous: both Wonder Woman and Batman
Twilight Sparkle/Masked Matter-Horn: I'm still not sure, I'll take a wild guess and say Superman

As awesome as this episode was, keep in mind there are people who don't like superhero movies, so I think it will be those people who would not like this episode. Oh well, let them hate. I still think this week's episode was epic. I can't wait until Tuesday to see it again on the Hub website.

In addition, I have a feeling that "Flutterhulk" will become a popular meme this week.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

E 11 Threes A Crowd
The Hub Network's synopsis for this episode: "Twilight is looking forward to some quality bonding time with Princess Cadance. But when a sick friend shows up needing Twilight’s attention, it looks like her plans for a peaceful visit with her sister-in-law will have to be put on hold."

Pinkie Apple Pie Synopsis: "After  learning  that she is possibly a cousin to Applejack and other
members of the Apple family, Pinkie Pie agrees to meet with a certain relative who may be able to provide conclusive evidence proving that she is related to them."

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here we go again with the Live Stream List for tomorrow.

So, this is the episode where Fluttershy and Applejack debate with one another on how to best handle Sweet Apple Acres' bat problem.  This should get interesting.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/stre...hons-today.html

Will give my thoughts on it after work tomorrow.

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
And so this was the last Episode this year.

Next yeat it starts with the Rarity episode.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A rather interesting episode this week. Apparently, the fruit bats seen last season are different from the vampiric kind shown in this episode, which suck on fruit instead of blood. And, of course, another one of Twilight's spells has an unfortunate side affect, this one turning Fluttershy partially into a vampire fruit bat. At least they were able to turn her back to normal (mostly).

I'm starting to see a pattern this season: many episodes seem to have a rather foreboding ending. Third episode, we saw that other "pony of shadows"; last week, that comic book suddenly vanished; and this week, Fluttershy is shown to not quite be back to normal. I can't help but think if maybe all of these things may end up essentially come crashing down by the time we get to the season finale. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I hope they do something with that ending!  I will not forgive them otherwise! :p

All joking aside, this was a good episode.  It was definitely meant to be a Halloween one, but the delay made this one not air when it was supposed to.  To be honest, I did not expect this.  Fluttershy turning into a part pony, part vampire fruit bat creature?  The writers surprised me completely, and I absolutely loved them for doing it.  Just watch, there will be plenty of fanfictions about her turning back into what the fans have dubbed "Flutterbat", and only a handful of them will be good.

So yeah, loved it, but I think I'll save for watching it again when Halloween rolls round next year.

Well, time to wait for the next episode.  Which I'll probably have a criticism about just from the synopsis alone.  We'll see though. :)

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wait a minute...there was an episode yesterday? How did I miss that? I thought the next episode after Power Ponies was Rarity Takes Manhatten, and seeing as that doesn't show till the 4th I guess I just assumed no new ponies until January 4th. Does anyone have a link to the video of the episode?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I found one.  Think it may be the one that I used.  Don't recall.  Though the first time I watched it was streamed from The Brony Show, which had the commercials included.  

Episode 7: Bats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp4A9rpipYo

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Episode 12 Pinkie Pride
Synopsis: Pinkie Pie must defend her status as a party pony when a mysterious visitor comes to town and plans a party for Rainbow Dash.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ So, Weird Al's in episode 12, not eleven. I was wondering what that new synopsis was about.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The bats episode was one of my least favorite.  Actually, most of season 4 so far has been pretty mediocre.  The Daring Do one was excellent.  The pilot episodes were okay if a bit weird.  I didn't like that they took away the Elements of Harmony.  But the bats episode was just......wrong.  It was dark and just didn't feel like ponies at all.  It felt almost evil.  Seeing the characters portrayed that way just didn't sit well with me.  

Here's the thing.  Some of the stories are becoming....well......pretty bad and predictable.  The show is losing substance...the thing that made me actually like it in the first place.  Sure the stories were simple, but they were complex at the same time.  They had a kind of undertone to them that spoke to older audiences and you could tell there was actually thought put into them.  Now the stories are more fan service and the complexity is gone.  The spirit of the show is gone.  

It's like the writers are thinking "oh yeah, that would be cool.  Let's do that."  and that's all they're thinking.  But before they had to try to make the show for little girls as the target audience and try to teach valuable lessons.  The "lessons" now seem forced and cheesy.  Like they came up with the story then tried to justify it with a lesson rather than focusing on the lesson and building a story around it.  Don't get me wrong.  You need some stories like that (the Daring Do one is a great example).  But it shouldn't be the entire show.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've seen the episode more then once.  I still can say I liked it overall, but I'd classify it as one of the lesser episodes.  Not one of those I don't want to watch again, but one of those I'll watch, but not as often as one of the episodes I think of as greater episodes.  Given how many episodes there are each season (apart from season 3) I can see how there would be lesser episodes & some, here and there, that I don't want to watch again.

It was obvious that Fluttershy would have the right solution from the start.  

I do look forward to seeing Weird Al on the show.  Wonder what his character will be like.  I've heard what his character name will be, but not sure if it will be that name or not.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
In your opinion, anyway, landbeforetimelover. The series is NOT losing substance and the stories were always predictable. The magic is not gone. You just don't like season 4. The episode felt "evil". Get real, man. I'm starting to get the impression that pony has to conform into a very narrow set of writing principles to please you.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf