The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I been waiting all sumer for Pinkie Apple Pie and it was worth it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Man, if there was any episode where I would've done the whole SPOILER GUIDE again, this one was it!  The ONLY reason I didn't do it was because of the fact that I had to get ready for work while watching the show simultaneously that day.  Seriously, I had a lot to say while watching it.  Oh well! :)

So, we STILL don't have an answer as to whether or not Pinkie and Applejack are related.  Despite that, I still believe they are related.  The reason I say this is because Goldie Delicious seems to also have the "Screw You Physics Gene" in her, much like Pinkie does.  You CAN NOT tell me that such power can't be passed down through the generations.  So yeah, if anything, the two might actually have a common ancestor after all. :)

As for the episode itself, it did keep me quite entertained and it was fun to watch.  I pretty much enjoyed every minute of it.  Definitely something I would watch if I was just feeling down for the day and needed something to perk me back up. :)

Next week, we see if Rainbow Dash will stick with the Ponyville Team or the Cloudsdale Team for the upcoming Equestria Games. :)

See ya later! :wave

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

"An elated Pinkie Pie is planning the biggest and best birthday party ever for Rainbow Dash, but when a strange new party planning pony named Cheese Sandwich rides into town, plans change. Soon, everyone is so excited about Cheese Sandwich's party that they forget about Pinkie Pie, causing her to question her own talents and abilities; however, Pinkie Pie's pride won't let her go down without an amazing, daring duel."

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM INFO POST!

Time for the link for the live streams!

So, tomorrow's episode, Dash's Loyalty will be tested yet again!  Who's team will she be a part of for the Equestria Games?  Cloudsdale or Ponyville?  This should be good. :)

Here's the link for the streams!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/mara...nuary-17th.html

I'll see you all tomorrow for the big review!

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Can we just...talk about how BESIDES Applesauce's physics breaking that she also resembles Applejack closely, in color of eyes and coat? Which, other than just being related to Applejack, might suggest even more evidence, by just combining elements of Applejack and Pinkie

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!

WARNING!  CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Oh boy!  Fans are going to go crazy with the fact that Derpy got more than just a "Where's Derpy" cameo!  Seriously, she was the back-up for the Ponyville Team!

This was a good episode.  They even had a few guest characters get more screen time and did well with them.  Oh, and the muscle-bound pegasus has an official name now.  It's Bulk Biceps!  Makes sense, I guess.

Anyways, the main plot focuses around Rainbow Dash having to choose between flying with her friends or getting her chance to be with The Wonderbolts all because Soarin' got injured.  It was a difficult decision for her.  So much so, that she faked being injured herself just so she wouldn't have to choose.  In the end though, I feel she made the right choice by choosing to be with her friends.  Definitely the Element of Loyalty.  No question asked. :)

Definitely one of the best of the season, thus far.  It is worth it to watch it! :)

I'll be putting up the episode link later.  For now, see ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd have to watch it again to get a more thorough view on my thoughts, but overall I liked it except for one thing, that wasn't important to the overall plot.  Why did Bulk Biceps have problems flying when he didn't in the Wonderbolts Academy Episode.  I knew who Rainbowdash would choose at the end, based on her personality and what she has done in the past.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm also going to point out something the fans are doing!  They claim "official shipping" moments have happened, but I'm not sure.  The fans have paired Fluttershy with Bulk Biceps.  I'm going to have to watch the episode again to see what they are talking about.

The fans are still trying to pair Rainbow Dash with Soarin'.  They are using the moment the two talked as a hint.  Pretty weak if you ask me.

Finally, in last week's episode, fans pointed out that Pinkie took a controversial picture of Big Mac.  Your call on that one.

So yeah, nothing official, and I feel the fans are going more crazy than they should.  As usual! :rolleyes:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For the shipping I agree with the person who was in the call of a past Brony Show episode, don't recall which episode it was or which who it was, but what they said was if they show any 2 ponies standing together or shown talking, fans will use that excuse to ship them.  Even if they are just standing close to each other in a crowd scene.   'Oh look, those 2 are standing together, they have to be a couple."  

"They showed x talking to y in the background of a scene of Twilight walking.  They have to be a couple."  

"look b is standing next to c in that crowd scene.  That means they are a couple."

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
YOUTUBE POST!!

Haven't done this in a while and probably won't for some time.  Here's the youtube link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnY1WKxSM9Q

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Another good episode.

One background character, now officially known as Bulk Biceps, appeared frequently in this episode and had many lines. Perhaps some other background characters might get this treatment in future episodes?

We also saw the return of Derpy (and the fans go nuts afterwards). Not only that, but it was for multiple scenes, even though she didn't say anything at all. Considering the controversy back in season 2, I think that was pretty much the most we could have realistically expected to see in an official episode.

I can now say a pattern has been confirmed for this season. Look at Rainbow Dash in this episode and Rarity in "Rarity Takes Manehattan" and you'll see some similarities. In Rarity's episode, she received a spool of thread from Coco Pommel; In this episode, Rainbow Dash received a Wonderbolts badge from Spitfire. Of the remaining four, I predict Pinkie Pie will be next, in two weeks. (Interestingly enough, that also happens to be the one that will feature Weird Al, so that makes two things to look forward to in that episode.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My assumption, maybe wrong, is these items they are getting will be the keys or maybe the keys to the keys.  

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Everyone, Equestria Daily spotted something in the latest episode.  I want you all to take a good look at the yellow pony on the left of the picture below.

Huh!  Maybe a certain title isn't as special as we thought. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure they'd call it an animation mistake.  But if one were to do their own canon, there are a few alicorns shown over the seasons so far, as background ponies.  Maybe ones who ascended like Twilight did, but Celestia & Luna didn't see them so don't know about them.  After all what if one ascended while Celestia was asleep, a few years back, before Nightmare Moon had returned from the moon, or while Luna was helping some pony with their nightmare.  or Celestia was busy doing something.  She was there for Twilight since she was expecting her to appear there.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Carbon Maestro: https://pony.fm/carbon-maestro

I swear this guy is related to Nick Phoenix.

His bombastic epic musical style is a near dead match for that of Two Steps from Hell.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks like there's a possibility of a second Equestria Girls Movie coming.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/unco...irls-movie.html

If there was one thing I loathed about the first one, it was how it was a limited theater release.  Let's hope they remedy that with this new one. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When I heard the movie was successful, forgot how much.  I wondered if they'd do a 2nd one.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Jan 15 2014 on  07:44 PM

"An elated Pinkie Pie is planning the biggest and best birthday party ever for Rainbow Dash, but when a strange new party planning pony named Cheese Sandwich rides into town, plans change. Soon, everyone is so excited about Cheese Sandwich's party that they forget about Pinkie Pie, causing her to question her own talents and abilities; however, Pinkie Pie's pride won't let her go down without an amazing, daring duel."
I can't wait for that episode. Just for the sole purpose of who is gonna be playing Cheese Sandwich. "Weird" Al Yankovic plays as him in that episode, and I am super excited to hear "weird" Al is gonna be in a episode.

Now, back to last Saturday's episode, as a rainbow dash fan I can honestly say I loved this episode and bringing back Derpy? I am super excited about that.