The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Members Meeting the Characters

Amaranthine · 1129 · 85339

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^Exactly. So SLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW down people. :p

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Sorry. :oops I just posted twice in a row, because it was taking too much time to write them as a single post, I didn't want to fall behind, and I thought the scene was turning out too long for one post. And the last time I hesitated while trying to stagger my posts in such a way, I ended up getting tossed by Mr. Threehorn. :p :lol

Anyway, my apologies. Sometimes I'm not sure whether I'm one of the RPers who needs catching up or one of the RPers who needs to slow down. :rolleyes

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pangea, if anything you are doing terrific as an rper. You're going at the right pace, so no need to worry about that. :yes Maybe your posts are a bit too long, but it adds MUCH more material to the rp, and that's good. :)

We are all just trying to find a happy medium here, myself included. I think I went a bit too fast myself, so I'm going to try to slow down too.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks. It's just my writing style, I'm afraid: slow, but copious.

At any rate, I'm having a blast. :D I thank you again for allowing me to join this RP.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
As it turns out, my computer here at home seems to be the only one with internet access so, I'm constantly being booted off of my own comp. Kinda sad ain't it? And that's why I tend not to respond for two or three hours at a time, cause I'm not here...and sometimes it wouldn't be so bad if I could just get on every once in a while.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looking back a few pages, I noticed that Redclaw, Screech, and Thud are planning to invade the Great Valley. Is this still going to happen, because I've thought of a way to have my character take down both Screech and Thud on his own.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think so. :p Panagea and ff-raptor, are you two still up for revenge on the valley? :lol

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You can fight him at first, but then I'll have myself get him to come after me. The reason I want to do this is because I'm hardly known in the Great Valley at the moment, and by knocking out both Screech and Thud on my own I'll become known by almost everyone there for what I did.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
you know maybe at one point we should have a bunch of sharpteeth attack the valley, maybe fast biters and we would have to help the GV dinosaurs evacuate and get rid of the sharpteeth,sounds pretty epic.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe, as long as it's not a war like other rp threads have done.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well let's try this again shall we? I would like to play as myself obviously, and I'm gonna make things interesting and play as Zaine, if I'm able to. Just how freaky would it be to have the creator meet his created character? I was actually thinking of Zaine being pissed off at me for creating him with out a family and stuff idk.

Anyway, the sharpteeth attack sounds epic. What would be really cool since I'm starting late is that out of the blue my character can jump in and help out with the fight. Although I know Martial Arts, I would try to limit my strength against the sharpteeth.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Realistically, martial arts would not work very effectively against sharpteeth that are Human sized.

Theoretically it may work against smaller sharpteeth (fast-biters) but since they hunt in packs, it's basically a "multi-man brawl" if you will.

However, using a weapon of some sort evens out the odds somewhat.

Note that I am referring only to Humans fighting the sharpteeth. The dinosaurs don't need weapons to defend themselves against sharpteeth.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah that's what I meant to say. Of course if Red Claw came around I would probably be like "Oh S***" and start running like mad, but say a fast biter came out of nowhere and was by itself I would probably be like "Bring it on b****" and fight it. I might use a thick tree branch like a staff or something.

Again, this is only me I'm talking about, but I probably won't even do any fighting.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know about this :neutral...are you suggesting that there be a big climactic battle, and then we end the RP? If so, I don't like it.

I still haven't interacted with as many other characters as I had hoped. That was my main reason for joining this RP; to meet and converse with the LBT characters (or facsimiles thereof, at least :p). I was hoping I could just keep doing that. If other RPers want to go off and battle sharpteeth, I probably won't join them (partly because neither my dinosaur nor human form is suited for the task :p). I also wholeheartedly agree with Kor that I'd hate to see a war break out in this RP.

Another thing: isn't Red Claw blind now? (I feel kinda sorry for him, actually.) Unless he gets his vision back somehow, I can't imagine he'd be that hard to dispatch if he attacked the valley.

By the way, sorry I'm not doing so well playing Screech; frankly, I have little idea of what to do with him, seeing as he's practically a background character in the TV series.

Chronicler: I'm fine with sending Screech to get beaten up by you, :p as long as I get a chance to properly meet Ruby at some point.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
truth be told i have no idea if we are even going through with it.

also, it's not going to be some amazing epic fight like at the end of Matrix Revolutions. i'm guessing it would be just some sharpteeth come and attack and we help the GV out.

we could make an adventure to go on as a group or something. that could work out.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No worries, Pangaea.  It sounds like we're just gonna duke it out with some sharpteeth and then continue on living in the valley and getting to know our prehistoric pals better :yes.  I seriously don't think the RP will end with a fight :rolleyes:.  I'd say let's do this thing.  I'm up for kickin' some sharptooth tail myself :lol!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I really wasn't thinking of a war or anything, it's going to be a short battle, and Red Claw and his cronies of course will fail. But only to an extent...

If everyone else doesn't want a war to happen, then we don't have to do a war. :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cancerian Tiger: I was hoping to catch up with your little group first; ;) I'm dying to have a conversation with you and Ducky (or any member of the gang, really). It helps that you're away from the rest of the pack right now, as it means I'd only need to be worry about exchanging dialogue with a single other RPer (my inability to multi-task would sadly appear to extend to RPs). For now I'm just gonna wait and see what Myrkin will do. Hopefully I'll have another opportunity to interject soon. :p

EDIT: From the looks of the last few posts, I'll have to wait a lot longer than I thought. :(