The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF is ad-free

Petrie. · 30 · 2088

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
So they're back.  Too bad.  Record the time peoples!  How long did 30,000 clicks last us?

EDIT:  So can I turn my auto-refresher back on for GOF or are you gonna purchase more clicks Petrie?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 20 2009 on  03:37 PM
So they're back.  Too bad.  Record the time peoples!  How long did 30,000 clicks last us?
Based on the times of your post and the first post in this topic: about 4 hours short of 6 days. (5 days and 20 hours)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Well, we almost did it. o.o Almost. XD

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Six days. I guess landbeforetimelover was proven right.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
We must be getting a lot of guest traffic to go through 30,000 clicks in five days.  We can't have more than two dozen active members.  Even if 24 members made forty clicks a day, that's still only 960 clicks for one day.  I don't get how they measure ad clicks.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jan 21 2009 on  04:54 PM
We must be getting a lot of guest traffic to go through 30,000 clicks in five days.  We can't have more than two dozen active members.  Even if 24 members made forty clicks a day, that's still only 960 clicks for one day.  I don't get how they measure ad clicks.
Well with the advertising for this place I've been doing it's partially my fault.  Sorry! :slap

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm hardly blaming you...without your advertising we'd be a good deal smaller. ;)

Obviously one pageview is not the same as one ad click through invision's services.  I have no intention of putting any more money towards this if it only gives us five days of no ads.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jan 21 2009 on  06:02 PM
I'm hardly blaming you...without your advertising we'd be a good deal smaller. ;)

Obviously one pageview is not the same as one ad click through invision's services.  I have no intention of putting any more money towards this if it only gives us five days of no ads.
We're only going to get more.  I don't have it advertised on YouTube only.  I also started advertising it on THE most popular forum on the net a few days before you started that ad-free deal. (Over 16 million members and counting says a lot.)

Seeing as how we got it gone so fast, I'd say my advertising deals just freaking WORK!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Obviously one pageview is not the same as one ad click through invision's services. I have no intention of putting any more money towards this if it only gives us five days of no ads.

Well it must be like I suggested in my earlier post.  They must count a click EVERY time a member clicks on something.  Even the "reply" button.  I'm guessing I used 5 clicks by replying to this thread:  1 to open the thread, 2 to go to the second page, 3 to hit the reply button, 4 to hit the submit button (once I'm done typing this), and 5 clicking to get out of here.  If they recorded clicks like that, we could easily have used the clicks we did in five days. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that's how they count it.  I mean if they counted it any other way it would require an INCREDIBLY complex script.  Besides, if they count them like that they can make more money from the companies that like to advertise with them. :p