The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction 2011 Award Rules

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will require honesty and a good input from our members in these awards.

Joining:

1)   Everyone who wants his or her fanfiction to be part of the awards must enter their fanfiction before July 17, 2011. You may enter up to 5 of your fanfictions, but can only have 1 fanfiction award in your signature (from this year, 2011). Fanfiction must include the following criteria (subject to change):
  • The fanfiction has to include at least 1 of the main characters from The Land Before Time. It would not be an LBT fanfiction otherwise. Preferably, this character has maintain his or her actual characteristics (so Littlefoot would not be some kind of dictator out to murder everyone).
  • Fanfiction has to be either a script, poetry or prose. It can consist of several chapters or just a shorter story, but the minimum length required is 1 full page in Microsoft word (Calibri 11, or Times New Roman 12). If you do not own Microsoft Word, ask me to copy your fanfiction to see if it is eligible.
  • The fanfiction should have been updated or created within the past 12 months and should be posted on the Gang of Five as a full story or as a link to fanfiction sites. It does not have to be finished.
2)   Fill in this form and send it to me by PM:

(fill in information after [/ b])
Code:  on  

[b]Name of fanfiction:[/b]
[b]Short summary:[/b]
[b]Link to fanfiction on the GoF:[/b]
[b]Author(s):[/b] (You have to be one of the authors, but if you have a co-writer, put him/her down here)
[b]Any other comment:[/b]

Voting

Voting topic - You can vote there

1)   We list all fanfictions that you can vote for in one thread. In that thread you can post your rating for the fanfiction. Voting is simple, but it will take some time. You may pick any of the fanfictions you've read, and only those you have read. You will rate this fanfiction a mark from 1 to 10, and include a little description of why you want to give that fanfiction that mark. This description should include your opinion and should show that you've actually read the fanfiction.

2)   Voting looks like this:
Fanfiction: [name of fanfiction 1]
I rate it: 6/10
Because: This fanfiction was average. It did not keep my attention span for much longer than 5 minutes. Next to that it was so obvious what would happen to Cera, everyone knew that she would eventually escape from the Sharptooth. However it is still an interesting plot line and could be made into a movie if it was written with more care and enthusiasm.

Fanfiction: [name of fanfiction 2]
I rate it: 8/10
Because: Wow! I've never seen anyone write this well! As much as I despise human influence in the land before time, it was awesome to see how Littlefoot communicated with them.

3) If you have submitted your fanfiction as nomination, you HAVE to rate someone else's fanfiction (you may not rate your own).

4) After the awards are over, everyone who participated in the fanfiction award will get an award for them to show in their signature. It will state the following:

Fanfiction award for [name of fanfiction here]
Number of votes: 3
Average rating: 7/10

You may only include 1 fanfiction award per year in your signature, no matter how many fanfictions you submitted that year. - Just pick your favourite.

You need your GoF account at least 1 month old and have at least 100 posts, for joining and voting. You will not be disqualified for the appreciated member award if you join these awards.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Slight edit to the rules:

Because this is the very first fanfiction award, we will allow older pieces of work to enter as well. Next year however the rule of 'has to have been worked on the past 12 months' will apply.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have one more question, based on what I've seen in the voting topic. Do we have to vote for just one fanfiction in each post, or can we vote for multiple fanfics in a single post? The reason I ask this is that I've read every fanfic and plan on rating all of the ones available to vote for. It just seems more convenient for me to post my votes without having to do so many double posts. And yes, I do understand why we are not allowed to edit our posts in the voting topic.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Jun 20 2011 on  02:20 PM
And yes, I do understand why we are not allowed to edit our posts in the voting topic.
Oops, that's something I did :(  Sorry about that, I won't do it again.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Jun 20 2011 on  09:20 PM
I have one more question, based on what I've seen in the voting topic. Do we have to vote for just one fanfiction in each post, or can we vote for multiple fanfics in a single post? The reason I ask this is that I've read every fanfic and plan on rating all of the ones available to vote for. It just seems more convenient for me to post my votes without having to do so many double posts. And yes, I do understand why we are not allowed to edit our posts in the voting topic.
It's fine to post more than one fanfiction in a post, but if you review a new fanfiction it'd be preferable that you create a new post. Feel free to review everything you have at once :)

Changing votes is slightly annoying but it can happen. I caught yours in time, no worries there Vonboy :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I have a question relating to the rule that you must rate another author's fanfiction in order for your own to qualify: If you submit multiple fanfictions, are you required to rate one fanfiction for each story you submit (e.g., if you submit three fanfics, you must rate at least three other fanfics), or do you just need to rate a minimum of one fanfiction, regardless of how many stories you submitted?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been wondering about that rule too. I decided for this year that at least one review is considered okay, but the rule might be adjusted for next year.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll talk about something I'm doing for the Fanfiction Awards. I'm taking all of the fanfictions entered into the awards, and saving them on my computer as text files so I can find them easier later!

Right now, I have everything copied over and current, except for Far Away Home (Still figuring out how I'll do that one). Right now, It's up to 256 files; 3.32MB in size (And that's Just plain text!).

I was thinking of uploading all of this in a zip folder, and posting the link here, so other people could use it to more easily find fictions to read, either for the awards, or for pleasure. Does that sound okay? Would that be breaking any kind of rules or anything by distributing peoples stories like this? I'm not claiming this as my own (Well, other than the fictions that I wrote  :p ). I've put the name of the author('s) in the file/folder names for every fiction, so you know who wrote them.

So, anyone care/want me to upload it?
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
New entries are closed as of yesterday and the final day to vote for your fanfiction will be July 31. Awards will be handed out 2 weeks later due to admin's absense :p

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Sounds like a good idea, Vonboy. Maybe it would be worth putting the file on the LBTserver?

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright folks. I've uploaded the zip file. It contains the stories for the writers who've said it's okay that I do this..

Fanfiction Awards 2011 Contestants(Last updated 7/22/2011 at 10pm central time)

I'll keep it updated, as more people say they want in, and as any unfinished stories continue to be written.

If I eventually get everyone's fics in here, I think we'll end up with close to 6MB of text in total!
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)