The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF Awards 2011 Rules, Voter List, Award Drafts

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Below are the rules for the award voting 2011. There are no major changes compared to the rules of 2010 which is why they are quoted for the most part and mostly the dates have been changed:

Hey Gang!

Below are the official rules for engagement for the 2011 Gang of Five Membership Awards. Please read the following statements below carefully as these outline the DO's and DO NOT's of the voting process of this year's awards. These are here to help guide you as you cast your votes particularly for those new nominees eligible to vote and gain awards this year.

The voting process will officially open on SATURDAY 18th JUNE 2011 and will be kicked started by an opening speech from one of the members of staff of the GOF.
***DO NOT START VOTING BEFORE THEN!!!***
Voting for the initial 7 categories (listed below) will last for 2 weeks and will close at 12midnight on 2nd JULY 2011 (forum standard time)

Please take time out to read these statements carefully so not to accidentally (or otherwise) breach any of the rules

***OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR 2011 GANG OF FIVE MEMBERSHIP AWARDS***

- All selected GOF members listed are invited to participate in the GOF Awards. These candidates have been granted participation on clearing of the following conditions:
 1. Have a post count of at least 100 posts
 2. Have actively posted on the GOF within the past 3 months
 3. Have been a member of the GOF for at least 3 months
The list of eligible candidates for this year's awards can be found right below the post of these rules. If your name is NOT on that list, you are NOT eligible to receive an award in this year's nominations. If you find you fulfill the three criterias listed above and still are not on the list, please contact one of the admins about it. We do our very best, but mistakes are always possible.

- The main categories for this year's Awards are as follows:
~Fanart Award
~Feedback Award
~Friendly Member Award
~Helpful Member Award
~Philosopher Award
~Proactive Award
~Role Play Gamer Award

- The Appreciated Member Award will also be included but nominations for this award will be conducted AFTER the main 7 categories have been finalised and the awards distributed. DO NOT reveal your nomination for the Appreciated Member Award alongside your votes for the initial 7 categories because it won't be counted.

- You are to offer ONE (1) nomination per category highlighting the nominee's GOF username in underline and/or bold to aid with the tallying process. We strongly advise all participants to vote in ALL categories if they can. Understandably there may be some areas you are not too sure on if you haven't been involved directly (e.g. the RPG section) or are genuinely unable to select one candidate but we urge you try to offer a nomination if you can.

- No member participating in the GOF Awards 2011 is entitled to an award if they DID NOT vote in at least six (6) of the initial 7 categories. By NOT voting in at least 6 categories, you WILL NOT receive any awards you may be entitled to once the results are recorded and finalised. The award will instead go to which ever member gained the second highest amount of votes in that category provided that no other rulings have been breached.

- You are permitted to skip a maximum of one (1) of the 7 initial awards. By skipping no more than two votes, you will still be eligible for any awards you may have coming your way. Skipping more than one vote will see you being stripped of any award you may obtain once the results are recorded and finalised with the award going to which ever member gained the second highest amount of votes provided that no other rulings have been breached.

- All nominations MUST be accompanied with a few lines or a brief statement as to why you feel your choice deserves the stated award. It doesn't have to be an essay nor does it have to hail them as royalty but it will help enforce your choice and can be counted as vaild reasoning. Please feel free to express credit to those members you felt were close contenders for an award if you so wish. Nominations that DO NOT include these explanatory lines for your choice will be considered INVALID and WILL NOT COUNT towards that member's score tally. Furthermore, nominations without explanatory comments will COUNT AGAINST YOU AS A SKIPPED VOTE and may jeopardise your own chances of obtaining an award you may be entitled to.

- When casting your votes, if you DO NOT complete all of your nominations in one post, please submit the remainder of your nominations IN A SEPERATE POST. Please DO NOT UPDATE OR EDIT OLD/PREVIOUS POSTS as this can confuse record keeping of who has cast what votes in which category. The Admin team will keep a record of your voting progress which will be viewable once voting has started.

- We VERY STRONGLY DISCOURAGE voting for yourself in any given category for the GOF awards. If you genuinely feel that there are no other eligible candidates who deserve a specific award then you are permitted to vote for yourself in one (1) category ONLY. Voting for yourself in more than one category will INVALIDATE your nomination and will be counted as a SKIPPED VOTE. In the event of a tie in number of votes for a category, the candidate who DID NOT nominate themselves within the category will be granted the award as the overall winner.

- The eligible candidate who got MOST VOTES for a given award will be permitted to add one of the drafts of the said award to his or her signature. If the eligible candidate with the SECOND MOST VOTES for an award achieved at least A THIRD OF THE NUMBER OF VOTES OF THE WINNER he or she qualifies for a RUNNER UP AWARD. He or she may then add one of the drafts for the award in question THAT HAS NOT BEEN PICKED BY THE WINNER ALREADY to his or her signature.

- We VERY STRONGLY DISAPPROVE AND DISCOURAGE any kind of activity that deems as cheating, vote fixing, conspiring, bribing or any general misconduct of ensuring that any one GOF member will be guaranteed an award. If any admin or moderator suspects members conspiring to ensure that a pre-determined candidate receives an award by solely voting for them without a certifible reason for the nomination, those members involved will be: 1. Disqualified from the nominations. 2. Not be permitted to participate in the remainder of the event including being stripped of any awards they would potentially receive. 3. Face disciplinary measures outside of the awards which may lead to membership suspension or possibly permenant exclusion and banning from the Gang of Five forum. By any judgement, the word of the Administration Staff of the GOF is FINAL.

-The award vote is a public and democratic decision in which the voters have to state the reasons for their decisions. Individual members therefore DO NOT HAVE ANY "CLAIM" TO AN AWARD UNLESS ELECTED. Because whining and complaints of members who cannot accept the decisions of their fellow members KILL THE FUN for the other members and COMPROMISE THE CONTINUATION OF THE AWARD VOTING complaints and whining about not winning an award can result in A MEMBER'S EXCLUSION FROM THE AWARD VOTING AND DISCIPLINARY MEASURES OUTSIDE THE VOTING PROCESS

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Unless we made any mistake the following list shows all members entitled to vote and be voted for in the 2011 award voting:

1. 2007excalibur2007
2. 812558
3. action9000
4. Adder
5. Alex
6. Allicloud
7. Almaron
8. Animeboye
9. AnimeLover ?
10. AvestheForumFox
11. babidikrakenguard
12. Belmont2500
13. Blitz
14. brekclub85
15. buffypii
16. bushwacked
17. Campion1
18. Cancerian Tiger
19. Caustizer
20. ChaoticMistress
21. Chiletrek
22. Chomper
23. Chomper4
24. Clawandfang
25. Compy-Rex
26. Coyote_A
27. Cyberlizard
28. Daddytops2009
29. Dark Pterano
30. DarkHououmon
31. DarkWolf91
32. Dash The Longneck
33. Dima02
34. Dinonut
35. Drake
36. Explorer
37. F-14 Ace
38. f-22 "raptor" ace
39. Flathead770
40. FlipperBoidSkua
41. General Grievous
42. jansenov
43. Jasper
44. JBJB1029
45. jedi472
46. JitteryDragon
47. Jrd89
48. Jychara
49. kanganix
50. Karmarsi
51. Keni
52. KingdomKey23
53. Kit12
54. Kor
55. Lain_EX
56. landbeforetimelover
57. lbt/cty_lover
58. LBTDiclonius
59. LBTFan
60. LBTFan13
61. LettuceBacon&Tomato
62. Lillefot
63. Littlefoot
64. Littlefoot Fan
65. Littlefoot1616
66. Littlefoot3897
67. Littlefoot90
68. Loofah
69. Malte279
70. Manny Cav
71. metadude1234
72. Mirumoto_Kenjiro
73. Mornai
74. MrDrake
75. Mumbling
76. Myrkin
77. NeptuneNavigator2001
78. NewOrder
79. Nick22
80. Nimrod
81. Nintendoofah64
82. oogaboo
83. Over and Under
84. Pangaea
85. Paradise Bird
86. Petrie
87. Pikkutassu
88. pokeplayer984
89. Ptyra
90. raga
91. Raptor
92. Rat_lady7
93. Redtooth101
94. Rocky
95. Saft
96. Salvatore Blackheart
97. Serris
98. Sky
99. SouthPawRacer
100. Spartanguy88
101. Spyro
102. StarfallRaptor
103. Stitch
104. Tails_155
105. The Chronicler
106. The Dark Patriot
107. The Friendly Sharptooth
108. The Great Valley Guardian
109. thebigdeal
110. TheNumberOneShmuck
111. TITANOSAUR
112. Tyrannosaur
113. Vek
114. Vilstrup
115. vonboy
116. Waluigifan
117. WeirdRaptor
118. Zenoah

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And last but not least, here comes the "shiny stuff". Here are the drafts for the awards of 2011.
Fanart Awards:
The Fanart Award is for the member whose fanart is particularly appreciated by the members of the GOF for their style, content, and / or simply subjective taste. The fanart award is meant for the kinds of art which is made by a single artist, rather than in a group effort, and which is primarily based on the artists own work rather than a new combination of the work of others. This includes drawings, paintings and LBT figures.

Feedback Awards:
The Feedback Award is meant to give credit to those who give credit to others by responding to their posts of fanart or projects. Getting reactions to fanart and projects may help artitsts to further improve their work and it can also be a strong motivator for the artists to create and to post their work in the first place. Both the kindness (flaming is neither helpful nor permited nor existend in the GOF) and the helpfulness (it is easy to tell somebody that all is perfect, but it is more helping to tell artists if you see room for improvement or be precise on what exactly it is that you like about their work) of feedback as to let the artist know what the author thinks about his or her fanart are to be taken into account.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Friendly Member Awards:
The Friendly Member Award is to be issued to the member whom the majority voted for being the most friendly and easygoing in general interaction. It is meant to be a reward to those who contribute to making the GOF a hospitable place through sheer kindness, for those who make people feel welcome around here. Because of the great abundance of generally friendly attitude in the GOF, which makes a decision very difficult, the vote for this award can also be based on individual acts of kindness you experienced from members of the GOF.

Helpful Member Awards:
The Helpful Member Award is meant to go to the one whom the majority considered most engaged whenever it comes to supporting others when it comes to providing materials (e.g. pictures, music, information) asked for by others.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Philosopher Awards:
The Philosopher Award is meant for those whose posts on LBT matters which are perceived as particularly well elaborated, thought through, convincing, triggering discussions etc.

Proactive Member Awards:
The Proactive Member Award is meant for those members who are most active if it comes to get new stuff started at the GOF. This includes for example those who make good suggestions for new board sections which have been carried into action or to those who managed to organize activities involving several members of the GOF, but also those who started new LBT webpages or any other LBT related projects which are not quite to be included in the term fanart.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Role Play Gamer Awards:
The Role Play Gamer Award is to be voted for by the participants of the RPG sections of this board. They are to vote for the one who is contributing by writing the most interesting contributions to the RPGs. The frequency of the contributions, and the sheer devotion to RPGs are other points to be rewarded with this award.

Appreciated Member Awards:
Without the constant input and value of our members here at the GOF, we never would have lasted so long, nor would we be as active and prosperous as we are today without their contribution. There are many of you who keep the GOF going every day through your input and you deserve to be recognized for this too. Therefore the "Appreciated Member" award is to be voted upon after the decision for all other awards has been made. Only those who were not elected for any of the other awards can be nominated for the Appreciated Member Award.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yay!

Time for some epic voting! :cheers

Nice job on the award banners, Malte! Was it you, Pangaea, and LBTlover who made those?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jun 17 2011 on  06:34 PM
Nice job on the award banners, Malte! Was it you, Pangaea, and LBTlover who made those?
I did supply some of the screenshots used for the award banners (nine of the banners shown contain images I submitted), but Malte and/or LBTlover deserve all the credit for actually making the banners. Speaking of which, the banners look nice! :yes

Just wondering, Malte: what about the new Fanfiction category? Is voting for it going to take place at a separate time? Alongside the Appreciated Member Awards, perhaps?

Also, if you don't mind me saying, personally I think the rules for the voting should be included as part of the main post, rather than quoted from last year's award rules post. Maybe it's just me, but I myself find that the larger white text stands out more and is easier to read than the small pink text in the quote boxes.

EDIT: Oh, uh…one more thing: my name is misspelled in the list of eligible voters. :oops It should be "Pangaea"; as it is, it's missing an "a".

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Nice. I can't wait until tomorrow. That said, it might be in the evening before I can cast a vote. I hope that's okay.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's going to be very hard for me to choose, since I'm a relatively new member, and I've been interacting mostly with new members that aren't eligible yet. I'll try to come up with votes for 7 categories though. I'm more interested in the separate fanfiction awards, I'll be really involved with that one!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 17 2011 on  09:31 PM
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jun 17 2011 on  06:34 PM
I did supply some of the screenshots used for the award banners (nine of the banners shown contain images I submitted), but Malte and/or LBTlover deserve all the credit for actually making the banners. Speaking of which, the banners look nice! :yes

Just wondering, Malte: what about the new Fanfiction category? Is voting for it going to take place at a separate time? Alongside the Appreciated Member Awards, perhaps?

Also, if you don't mind me saying, personally I think the rules for the voting should be included as part of the main post, rather than quoted from last year's award rules post. Maybe it's just me, but I myself find that the larger white text stands out more and is easier to read than the small pink text in the quote boxes.

EDIT: Oh, uh…one more thing: my name is misspelled in the list of eligible voters. :oops It should be "Pangaea"; as it is, it's missing an "a".
Pangaea, you can find the rules for the fanfiction awards category here, which Mumbling has so kindly posted earlier today. :) That should answer your questions. :) The voting will take place here. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pterano,Jun 17 2011 on  09:02 PM
Pangaea, you can find the rules for the fanfiction awards category here, which Mumbling has so kindly posted earlier today. :) That should answer your questions. :) The voting will take place here. :yes
Whoops, didn't see those. :oops They don't appear in the "Today's active topics" list for some reason. :confused Thanks for pointing them out.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No problem. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright. I should be able to think of a few people to nominate for these, in fact I have a few in mind right now. Considering 19th starts in an hour and a half for me, I guess it would be fair to post after midnight, right?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I got screenshots from Pangea and the accounts of Austin (LBTLover), Kor and John (pokeplayer) but turning them into banners is sort of my task traditionally ;)
Yes, the fanfiction Award is a separate event conducted to be by all likelihood in July (which is why the finished drafts for the fanfiction award have not yet been posted here). Iris is in charge of the Fanfiction Award and can answer any questions you may have about it.

EDIT: Oh, uh…one more thing: my name is misspelled in the list of eligible voters. dino_oops.gif It should be "Pangaea"; as it is, it's missing an "a".
My bad, sorry about that. It is corrected now :oops

Sorry, got to run to catch a bus. I'll open the vote soon as I get back to this computer.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 18 2011 on  04:18 AM
Whoops, didn't see those. :oops They don't appear in the "Today's active topics" list for some reason. :confused Thanks for pointing them out.
Sorry for that confusion. It's actually because I did not create them today but a couple of days back, and simply only made them visible to everyone yesterday.

Anyone can submit their fanfiction now and there are even several fanfics up to be voted for already :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 18 2011 on  02:34 AM
Sorry for that confusion. It's actually because I did not create them today but a couple of days back, and simply only made them visible to everyone yesterday.

Anyone can submit their fanfiction now and there are even several fanfics up to be voted for already :)
Now I'm even more confused. In the rules topic for the fanfiction award, you said that all applications have to be done before June 17 (yesterday), while that topic seems to have been posted just the previous day. Seems like too much short notice, right? :unsure:

Anyway, I just submitted my entry (my first fanfic, not the second) and I really hope that it will be allowed, even though it is technically just a few days too late to qualify. (I would really hate to see one of the greatest projects I've ever done to fail to gain real recognition because of such a small margin.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Jun 18 2011 on  03:04 PM
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 18 2011 on  02:34 AM

Now I'm even more confused. In the rules topic for the fanfiction award, you said that all applications have to be done before June 17 (yesterday), while that topic seems to have been posted just the previous day. Seems like too much short notice, right? :unsure:

Anyway, I just submitted my entry (my first fanfic, not the second) and I really hope that it will be allowed, even though it is technically just a few days too late to qualify. (I would really hate to see one of the greatest projects I've ever done to fail to gain real recognition because of such a small margin.)
it's JULY 17th, not June 17th. You've still got a month, buddy :lol
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh... my bad. :oops  Anyway, I'll just repeat myself and say that I hope my entry will still qualify, even though it is technically just a few days too late to qualify.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
July 17, but your entry cannot qualify for the reason I mentioned on PM.