The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr. Stick adventure (chapter 1)

Sneak · 451 · 47087

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Can Mr. Stick see anything when he looks in the newly revealed hole?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can Mr. Stick see anything when he looks in the newly revealed hole?

Mr.Stick peeks into the hole.

He can't see anything.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Is that metal rod in the top floor still needed in the hole safe? Maybe Mr. Stick could remove it and utilize it for the other holes that he has discovered. Hopefully nothing bad happens.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is that metal rod in the top floor still needed in the hole safe? Maybe Mr. Stick could remove it and utilize it for the other holes that he has discovered. Hopefully nothing bad happens.

Mr. Stick goes to wall cache and takes rod from the hole.

*beep*

Green button turns to red again, nothing else seems to happen.

Yep. Nothing bad. And shaft is still open.
Mr. Stick climbs down and stops next to hole in shaft.

This hole is different, it is wider and smaller in lenght, metal rod can't be inserted in the same way. Perhaps this hole is used for some different purpose.
Mr. Stick goes down to bottom room, then goes to the hole formerly hidden behind the box, and tries to insert metal rod inside.

It fits perfectly.
But mr.Stick doesn't hear any sound or see any difference. Do you? 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:53:03 AM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Even if I’m sorta clueless of what to look for next, I’ll try to keep the game going as I was the one who begged you to continue the game. :p

Try pushing that button again that goes further in the wall the more pressure you add to it. Does anything different happen now?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<Advice: Be more observant. :D
There's only two rooms and few objects, plus, pictures are drawn in simple style, so examine anything that catches your eye :)>

Try pushing that button again that goes further in the wall the more pressure you add to it. Does anything different happen now?

Mr. Stick pushes the button with all his might while his arm reaches limits and almost stuck in button's hole.

But still, when he releases the button, it simply returns to its original position, and nothing new he can see or hear.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 09:09:21 AM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry Sneak, I became bad at analyzing closely at MS Paint images. No, but seriously I'm clueless what to do next? Of course, a hint would be most useful. :yes

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<You don't post anything because you're stuck?

well...

<Advice: Be more observant. :D
There's only two rooms and few objects, plus, pictures are drawn in simple style, so examine anything that catches your eye :)

Was kinda hint. :P
Or instructions.

Be observant.
There's only two pictures/rooms, made in simple drawing method.
Any element that seems to be off, differs from general picture, anything... Try to inspect it.

Also, there's one 100% puzzle in these two rooms, you have everything to solve it, but it's kinda difficult one. I referenced to this puzzle in Discord:

I always trying to make it not just believable, but possible.
like mr. Stick adventure puzzles, for example. Some of them I tested in real life before adding to game. Puzzle you are stuck with right now.

:P

Please, try to think.
If you won't find anything till the end of the week, I will give another hint, or rather direction, by mr. Stick line of thoughts. :) >
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 01:08:10 PM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I mean...my reason is probably the same reason why nobody else is posting or attempting this game. It does seem strange to you, right?

Alright, I'll try and see if I find anything later on today or tonight. :yes

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<Ok. Let's try my new method to give hints...>

Mr. Stick:

It seems I'm stuck for a while. What should I do?..

Maybe it's dead end, and I can't do anything?..

No! I am absolutely sure that weirdo who put me in this stupid place for some reason would not put here such amount of random items and strange mechanisms, put these... "puzzles", would not do all this only to make me trapped here without solution to proceed further!

Something I missed...
Something I didn't think about or didn't try to do...

Hmm...

What we have here?

Set of items.

- big blank sheet of paper
- flashlight (its energy is almost empty)
- small paper with numbers on it
- long thin rubber tube
- thin metal rod (currently is placed in wall hole)

Next, what objects we have in this room?

- Strange button on the wall that seems to move endlessly inside the wall when you presses it
- Ordinary yellow cardboard box
- Hole in the wall, metal rod can be placed there
- Large locked chest. It seems it can be opened with KEY
- Ordinary looking lamps
- Lightswitch
- Set of wall ladders
- Hole in the wall inside shaft passage

Finally, what we have in upper room?

- Solid looking hatch, opens the passage to lower room behind it
- Hole in the wall. Metal rod can be placed there
- Thin corner hole, contains some object at the bottom. Mr. Stick can't determine what object is because of lamps positon in the room, and can't reach it with its arms.
- Lightswitch
- Ordinary looking lamps
- Wall cache with another HOLE for metal rod that activates BUTTON that controls hatch, as it seems.
- Simple door, with doorknob and keyhole. Can be opened with KEY.
- Some weird writings on walls that can be seen by human's eye only after they are lit with light, as mr. Stick understood.

Did mr. Stick examine everything enough? Items in his inventory? Objects in rooms? Did he interact with everyhing in all possible proper ways?..

<Find the way and helpt mr. Stick to move further! :D >
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:58:34 PM by Sneak »

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We've already seen the glow-in-the-dark wall writings in the upper room, but not yet checked the lower room for them, so let's turn off the lights in that lower room and check it out.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<oops, my mistake... Writings on lower room indeed weren't revealed so far... I fixed lists of facts in my previous post.>

We've already seen the glow-in-the-dark wall writings in the upper room, but not yet checked the lower room for them, so let's turn off the lights in that lower room and check it out.

Suddenly, mr. Stick realizes he didn't see any hidden writings on lower room! But maybe they are indeed hidden there...
He quickly goes down and turns off the lights.

yes. They're here.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:53:38 AM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If the writing on the wall doesn't deceive me, then perhaps puting the thin metal rod inside that hole was a bad idea. Take it out for now. Inspect that purple S. Can anything be done with it or lead to any sort of clue?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If the writing on the wall doesn't deceive me, then perhaps puting the thin metal rod inside that hole was a bad idea. Take it out for now. Inspect that purple S. Can anything be done with it or lead to any sort of clue?

Mr. Stick  takes the rod from wall hole and puts it to his inventory.

Then he examines "S" writing more closely.

It seems that it's just simple area of simple wall, painted with fluorescent paint.
Nothing special in this area of the wall. But what does "S" mean, and other similar writings?..

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wonder about that smaller door keyhole that has recently been revealed. Hmm... :thinking

Will using the key that Mr. Stick already has in his inventory work with that keyhole?

Surely the key that was available since the beginning isn't completely useless, is it?

Mr. Stick takes small key in his hand and tries to use it on the lock, hoping this time it fits...

...and it fits! Mr. Stick turns the key and opens hidden cache!

He dares to look inside.

Inside the cache there are source of the light - activated flashlight, another sheet of paper, and sort of button on the wall.

<Congratulations! You solved the first puzzle!
Much more awaits you up ahead...>

Hmm...remember this crucial step where I used the key he already had since the beginning to open the cache? Strangely enough, it's no longer in his inventory and I see no way he would've gotten rid of it based on all of his actions afterward.

But wait! Maybe the key is still there! Go to the top room and retrieve the key that he used to open the cache. Maybe Mr. Stick didn't take it out yet?