The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr. Stick adventure (chapter 1)

Sneak · 451 · 47070

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...remember this crucial step where I used the key he already had since the beginning to open the cache? Strangely enough, it's no longer in his inventory and I see no way he would've gotten rid of it based on all of his actions afterward.

But wait! Maybe the key is still there! Go to the top room and retrieve the key that he used to open the cache. Maybe Mr. Stick didn't take it out yet?

Mr. Stick goes up and tries to get key back from cache keyhole.

It's stuck. :/

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Crap!

Uh, inspect that corner hole once again. We haven’t checked in awhile, so maybe the key’s location has changed so that Mr. Stick may be able to reach it.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Uh, inspect that corner hole once again. We haven’t checked in awhile, so maybe the key’s location has changed so that Mr. Stick may be able to reach it.

Mr. Stick inspects corner hole again.

Looks the same. Mr. Stick can't reach it.
Also, despite he can't see it properly due to shadow, this thing at the bottom is not doorkey. Maybe square-shaped, and definitelly blue.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Can Mister Stick use the tube to suction up the blue square thingy? From what I saw, it should be long enough to reach, so it would be a matter of his lungcapacity/weight of the thingy.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<aaaaand the winner is...

SLEEPING FORCE! ^^>

Quote from: Sleeping-force&#039;s-inside on March 21, 2020, 11:00:08 AM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on March 21, 2020, 11:00:08 AM
Can Mister Stick use the tube to suction up the blue square thingy? From what I saw, it should be long enough to reach, so it would be a matter of his lungcapacity/weight of the thingy.

Nice idea!
Mr. stick puts one edge of the rubber tube in the hole and lowers it, trying to reach the bottom.

Yes! Tube reached hole's bottom and its item. Stick sucks in as hard as he can, using other edge of the tube, and pulls tube out of hole, hoping this method will get that item from the hole.

And it worked!

Mr. Stick now holds KEYCARD in his hands.

<congratulations!>

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wait...tube is secretly a magnet? Look how it sticks on the outside of tube! :o

Smh. And we still didn't solve the mystery of what that "4" means.

Well..? Use the newly obtained key card to try and open the chest.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wait...tube is secretly a magnet? Look how it sticks on the outside of tube!

<Try to make experiment with some light flat item and simple rubber tube in your house. I did this before adding this puzzle, sucking card out of hole with rubber tube. :P>

Well..? Use the newly obtained key card to try and open the chest.

Mr. Stick goes to chest to see if he can open it with keycard somehow.

No, There's no cardreader or some slot. There's lock with keyhole. So, if there's no some secret mechanism, then chest can be opened with key.
Keycard is a key too, but not in this case...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:49:52 PM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oooh! Maybe the key card has secret activation with the light switches. Try the light switch in both the bottom and top rooms. Also, please turn on light in bottom room, it's better if both us and Mr. Stick can see clearly. :P

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oooh! Maybe the key card has secret activation with the light switches. Try the light switch in both the bottom and top rooms.

Mr. Stick isn't sure what exactly he should do.

He should turn on and off some light switches? In what room, in what sequence?

Also, please turn on light in bottom room, it's better if both us and Mr. Stick can see clearly. :P

That's what mr. Stick agrees with!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:56:26 AM by Sneak »

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Would one of the holes be a keycard scanner? Hold the keycard in front of the hole in the hallway/ladderplace (help, english is not working XD)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force&#039;s-inside on March 22, 2020, 12:47:16 PM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on March 22, 2020, 12:47:16 PM
Would one of the holes be a keycard scanner? Hold the keycard in front of the hole in the hallway/ladderplace (help, english is not working XD)

@Sneak: Lol, what I was trying to mention before was those light switches could act as a scanner as well, by holding the key card in front of them too. :lol

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force&#039;s-inside on March 22, 2020, 12:47:16 PM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on March 22, 2020, 12:47:16 PM

@SneakI was trying to mention before was those light switches could act as a scanner as well, by holding the key card in front of them too

Oh, understood now.
Mr. Stick holds keycard in front of all four known holes (just in case), and in front of two light switches, hoping there's secret mechanism that reads keycards that would do something good to help him get out sooner. 

Mr. Stick didn't see or hear anything while doing this.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In the basement, I have an idea. See those two light lamps hanging from the ceiling? There may be something hidden or taped within those cone shaped light fixtures. Reach into them and prod around for anything unusual.

Also, wave the key card on them for good measure. :P

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In the basement, I have an idea. See those two light lamps hanging from the ceiling? There may be something hidden or taped within those cone shaped light fixtures. Reach into them and prod around for anything unusual.

Also, wave the key card on them for good measure. :P

Mr. Stick looks at both lamps, and, indeed, notices strange shadow going from left lamp. He examines it more closely...

Yes! There is some item hidden in the lamp! Mr. Stick takes it.

Good eye! Now mr. Stick has a KEY.

He also moves keycard in front of lamps, with no effects.

Mr. Stick stands to think about it.

Even if this place is super weird, full with hidden mechanisms, still - there should be logic in all of this. And secret cardreader, invicible for human's eye, falls from this general logic picture. Something must give you a clear hint that there's secret cardreader in some object, or some other secret item or mechanism. So, before you got that hint, there's no need to use blindly some item on another.

By the way, cardreader could be hidden inside the lamp, for example, but at the same time, he could be visible for human's eye. Mr. Stick wants to say that you didn't ask him to inspect lamps more closely before. Even if there wasn't key or won't be cardreader inside, there still could be something. Another item, writing, etc. Mr. Stick should be more observant to details and be more inspective.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, let's try the key on the nice locked box right there then. Mr. Stick uses Key on Box.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force&#039;s-inside on March 23, 2020, 02:52:14 PM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on March 23, 2020, 02:52:14 PM
Well, let's try the key on the nice locked box right there then. Mr. Stick uses Key on Box.

Mr., Stick tries to open chest with newfound key...

...and it is opened!
Mr. Stick curiously looks inside.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Open the box that lies under that metal rod.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Don't forget to take that metal rod anyway. Perhaps check to see if it fits with any of the holes on the walls in either room.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Open the box that lies under that metal rod.
Don't forget to take that metal rod anyway. Perhaps check to see if it fits with any of the holes on the walls in either room.

Mr. Stick takes long metal rod. It has a screw at the end. He checks if it can be used on wall holes.

As mr. Stick can see, no, it doesn't fit with them. What about bigger hole in ladder shaft?

Long rod is too... long. He can't place it horizontally.

Mr. Stick puts metal rod to his inventory, returns to chest and takes heavy object that lies at the bottom. It looks like some H-tech portable safe. It's pretty heavy, so he can't take it with him far away, so he puts it on chest.

After doing so, he notices something at the bottom of chest.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 08:19:52 AM by Sneak »

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Use the Keycard on the H-tech Safe, plz :> Maybe there's a nice snack in there! Poor Mister Stick is probably starving by now ;P