The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Something You Never Knew About Me

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have autism. That's why I've been harassing you guys. Sometimes I don't know my boundaries.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Actually a lot of posters here have some form of it Chomper. I have a form of it myself. so instead of pestering people why don'y you tell us about some of your interests. I see from your profile that you are a baseball fan. Well, We can use this thread to talk about baseball. How long have you been a baseball fan Chomper..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I have a cousin with a mild form of autism, its cut his development back a couple years, but oddly hes one of the most social person I know.  As for baseball, since Nick seems to want to steer the thread that way, Im a huge yankee fan, first spring training game tommorrow, 1pm (U.S. eastern seabord time)

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So you like the Pirates, huh, Well, This year I went to a Brewers home playoff game. It was the first time in my lifetime that the brewers had made the playoffs, they had last made it in 1982.. I had a blast and the place was PACKED.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I have high functioning autism, which is like Asperger's Syndrome. It's a mild form of autism.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Our board rules are our boundaries.  Abide by them, and there will be no trouble.  That's simple enough for anyone, autism or not.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chomper4,Feb 24 2009 on  06:55 PM
I have autism. That's why I've been harassing you guys. Sometimes I don't know my boundaries.
Let me try to help you, in terms of not annoying anyone on this forum. You don't have to take my recommendations, they are just to show you what kind of posts I find annoying and should be avoided.

1. If all you want to say is a one-phrase thought (that's true, just curious, etc.), don't post it.

2. If you want to say something that you already said just a few hours or days ago, don't post it. You only need to say things once.

3. Try to avoid double-posting (that's posting in a topic in which the most recent post was made by you). If you want to add something, click the 'edit' button on the top-right of your most recent post and you can change what that post says.

Like I said, you don't have to follow these recommendations, but this is how I avoid making annoying posts that could potentially result in a warning. In fact, I average only 3 posts per day, and that number could be lower if I didn't include my participation in the party room.

Note: As an example, I spent 20 minutes writing this post, because I always put a lot of careful thought into every single post I make.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A good number of us here have some form of autism, Chomper4 :yes.  Asperger's Syndrome is much more common than it may seem.  I was diagnosed when I was nineteen.

EDIT: had to remove a line

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Indeed. I too was diagnosed with PDD-NOS when I was a wittle one. So no worries, seriously. And btw everyone has something,whether it is autism, ADD, bi-polar, depression, etc, whether they want to admit to it or not. Just you being bold enough to say this to us is awesome, it means that you are indeed bold, as most autistic people seem to be.