The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
2 episodes with Spike as the main or one of the main characters, nice.

I hope the season finale is well written.  Any plans on what you'll do once it's over?  I plan on going back to season 1 where I left off and watch 1 episode a week till season 5 starts.  So I'll start with season 1 episode 4.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Quote from: Kor,May 3 2014 on  06:56 PM
2 episodes with Spike as the main or one of the main characters, nice.

I hope the season finale is well written.  Any plans on what you'll do once it's over?  I plan on going back to season 1 where I left off and watch 1 episode a week till season 5 starts.  So I'll start with season 1 episode 4.
Yeah, it's nice to have some episodes for Spike every once in awhile, and I rather liked this one.

As for plans after the season is over, I plan on watching Total Drama: Pahkitew Island, which airs on CN on May 27th, 2014.

And I too am looking forward to the season final, as well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!

It's no surprise to me that Spike is seen as a hero at the Crystal Empire.  The stage fright he got does seem natural. (And that pony I shall not name next to him wasn't helping matters.) It was a good episode, but if I can make one complaint, the final game, Ice Archery, feels like a forced way to make Spike have his big moment needed to get over his fears.  Otherwise, I felt this was a good episode.

Next up, the two-parter season finale!  It's time for Twilight to get her great lesson that will lead to her key and finally opening that chest.  It includes a new villain, Discord and a desperate magic transferal from the Princesses to Twilight to save all of Equestria!

Too bad I'll miss it at air time due to work!  Oh well! -_-

See ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
SPOILER POST!

Everyone, we have a name for the new villain!

TIREK

He was in the original My Little Pony cartoon.  It's going to be interesting to see how they will re-imagine him.

Can't wait! :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Did the show head say that?   not surprising them using names from earlier generations. it is one way for them to keep copyrights and trademarks.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM POST!

Not going to say much with this one, except that for those that watch the streams, you'll want to arrive 30 minutes earlier so you can see both parts.

Here's the link!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/twil...de-streams.html

I'll give my review later today or tomorrow depending on how things go.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Since the Brony Show is down I'm watching Otaku Ascended.  They are showing various pony music videos before the episode starts.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that is an episode worthy of being called "epic".

I don't think I need to explain the kind of villain we got here. It was incredible that he managed to trick Discord into joining his side, and then back-stabbed him when it was too late to do anything about it.

I was a little surprised that Twilight didn't get her key item until virtually the last possible moment, and from Discord of all people. At least the lesson behind it seemed to make sense.

Also, looks like this season is another end with a big change, but this time it's not to someone, but rather to a place. Considering how things went with the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4, I'm going to assume we'll have to wait until the premier of season 5 to find out how the existence of that new castle will affect life in Ponyville. (Speaking of that castle, I'm quite pleased to see it has a place for all of the Main 6 and not just Princess Twilight.)

This season was the first one I had followed, week by week, and I enjoyed the experience. (On the other hand, I'm glad that I'll now have time on the weekends to do other things.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!

THAT! WAS! AWESOME!! :D

Tirek was an awesome villain.  Truly one of the best, not just from the show, but from ANY show, period.  He was quite the manipulator when he talked with Discord.  On top of that, he had a really good back story that really works for one who is obsessed with stealing magic. He was just dripping with evil.  I loved every minute he had the spotlight.

Also, not one bit surprised he betrayed Discord and stole his magic.  I would've been surprised if it didn't happen.

Discord being the one to give the final key, that was a bit unexpected.  Then again, he is the one who is learning the most about what friendship really means.  For Twilight to still see him as a friend and give up her magic for him, the one who betrayed them, it kind of makes sense it was him who would have the last key.  He benefited the most from this selfless act Twilight did.

The fight between Tirek and Powered-up-Twilight was full of Special Effect Awesomeness!  I was so pumped when I saw her dishing it out against him.

The Rainbow Forms the Mane Six got were pretty amazing.  Not to mention that I liked the fight at the end.

As for the plot itself... I can't hate it.  To be honest, any hatred towards it would be petty.  I would defend it to the end.

Seriously, one of the best of the series and a great way to end this Season.

That's it for this season.  Now we wait for the 5th one.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
It's been a while since I last commented on this topic. Well, I watch the season finale, and I have to say that I am VERY surprsed that Tirek came back to be the villain. There's a villain I never thought MLP canon was ever going to see again, and yet there he was. The plot, the characterization, and everything was near perfect. I loved it. This IS the show I fell in love with in 2010.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This was a great season finale.  I think the best ones were this one and the season 2 finale.  I did like 3, but it felt way to rushed.  Great that they used the idea of a g1 villain.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice pmv.  

That is an idea.  Maybe while we wait for season 5 we can post some pmv's, favorite clips, songs, pictures, ect.  As well as discuss various things too.

Nice to hear they are working on season 5.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice picture and sculpture.  

Looks like in the picture she may be working on writing the pilot episodes.  

In the sculptures I can see that happening during one of their tea parties that we didn't see onscreen.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Take a look at this!  This is a screenshot from the latest Transformers Movie, and look who made a cameo.

However, than this happens.

:blink: I... I have no words!