The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A list of all of my LBT fanfic ideas.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Ok, I had plans for LBT 15-25 plus a Season 2.  

Here's what I got.

LBT TV Series Season 2: (Will either take place before Journey of the Heart or will take place right after Journey of the Heart but before my XV.):  This one will include why Chomper and Ruby came to the Great Valley, will explain why Red Claw is after them, will have Chomper's parents in it, as well as Ozzy, Strut, Dil, Ichy, Rinkus, Sierra, the Tinysaureses, the Swimming Sharptooth, Yellow Bellies (Yes, those guys), Mo, Pterano, Guido, Rhett, Ali, Domeheads, and others.  It will be a finale for the TV Series (unless I can come up with 26 more episodes for a Season 3.)  

The Land Before Time XV: The Friendly Sharptooth Flyer:

Plot:  A Flyer marries a Sharp Beak.  They have a son named Ptero.  However, the mother murders her mate when it seems that he won't let her train the boy as a Sharptooth but wanted the boy to decide.  To cover up her murderous plot, she lied to her son and said that Leaf Eaters killed his dad.   Ptero think that Leaf Eaters are bad.  However, one day, trying to go explore the world and get away from his overbearing mom for a while, Ptero ends up in the Great Valley.  He meets Littelfoot and the others, and slowly starts to change his views on Leaf Eaters.

The Land Before Time XVI: The Lonely Longneck

Plot:  A Longneck (same species as Shorty)  named Dayo ends up weak and dehydrated in the Great Valley.  She had something terrible happen to her lately, but seems reluctant to talk about it.   She seems clumsy and is paranoid about Sharpteeth.  Her antics cause some in the Great Valley to worry that she could bring trouble.    Soon, Shorty and Bron come.  After talking to Shorty for a while, she starts to open up about her experiences.  Also, Shorty finally reveals the tragedies of his own past.

The Land Before Time XVII: The Threehorn Gathering

Plot: Cera's grandfather Tryus comes to the Great Valley.  Soon, rivals of his and Topps come too.  Eventually, Cera learns a dark secret about what really happened to her mother and her siblings.   Her faith in Threehorns is shaken.  Also, Topps and Tryus seem eager for revenge.  But fighting isn't always the answer and sometimes one can be tougher by walking away than standing and fighting. But can Topps, Tryus, and Cera learn this?

The Land Before Time XVIII:  Journey under the Great Valley

Plot:  The Time of Great Growing has begun.  However, Littlefoot has some shady new friends.  They seem to be popular and everything, but his regular friends don't like them.   Littlefoot, having the typical rebellion of teenagers, wants to be in charge like the grownups and feels that they don't take him seriously enough.   He begins to covet the Fire Rock, a rock under the Great Valley that is said to bestow knowledge and experience to those who can get to it.  He starts to snub his friends and hang around with the wrong crowd.  Can Littlefoot see that he is being used in time?  

The Land Before Time XIX: Hard Water Peak

Plot: Ali is back.  Her father has been hurt at the top of Hard Water Peak.  Littlefoot, wanting to sneak out and help her to repay her for her help with his grandpa, goes toward Hard Water Peak, meeting up with Ruby along the way.   He and his friends brave avalanches, greedy Longneck, and, of course, those pesky Sharpteeth.

The Land Before Time XX:  Flowing Fire Danger

Plot:  Earthshakes are happening in the Mysterious Beyond, sometimes causing volcanic eruptions.  A few earthshakes start to happen in the Great Valley.  Egg Stealers (Orthiomimus, and possibly Strutthiomimus too) come and take advantage of the Valley's misfortune.  The real trouble though begins when the Smoking Mountains start to erupt, sending lava toward the Great Valley and threatening their home and food sources.

The Land Before Time XXI:  Hunter Valley

Plot: Five young Fast Biters find an egg and decide to hatch it.  After finding that it's a Clubtail and that they cannot bring themself to eat Leafie, as they name her, they hide her in their home of Hunter Valley.  After many years, Littlefoot and his friends, after a mishap involving Sky Twirlies (Tornadoes) and a pack of Tarboasurues, end up in Hunter Valley.  Unfortunately for the Leaf Eaters, a Fast Biter with an axe to grind seems determined to get them hurt.  And should they get away from Hunter Valley, there is still the Tarborsaurues to be reckoned with.

The Land Before Time XXII:  Return to the Big Water

Plot: While flying in the Mysterious Beyond, Pterano is injured in flight. He gets washed out to sea.  Not wanting to give up on his uncle, Petrie goes looking for him, followed by Littlefoot and the others.  They meet up with Mo, as well as Swimming and Walking Sharpteeth in their adventures.

The Land Before Time XXIII: The Time of Choosing:

Plot: In this first theatrical release since the original, Littlefoot, who hasn't celebrated a Star Day since his mother's death nearly 20 years earlier on his fifth Star Day, is wondering what mate he will pick for the Time of Choosing.   There are reports of a dino-killing fiend in the Mysterious Beyond known simply as the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond.    During the panic set in by the rising attacks, Ali returns to the Great Valley and Littlefoot seems to have hope.  Meanwhile, Chomper, who despite being a Sharptooth, has remained friendly to Leaf Eaters, albeit at the expense of his health, has returned with Ruby to the Great Valley.  But the Valley doesn't seem to trust him.  And Chomper has found true love.  But, along the way, he finds out dark secrets about himself and worries that his Sharptooth nature will get the better of him.

The Land Before Time XXIV: The Incredible Journey

Plot: In this theatrical sequel to the Time of Choosing, Chomper has found the likely identity of the Terror of the Mysterious Beyond, a villain who is a Fanged Flattooth.  But before he can expose him, tragedy strikes, forcing Chomper and his true love to flee.   After Littlefoot's banishment and a dark secret revealed about Pterano that leads to an estrangement between Petrie and Pterano, things seem to take a nasty turn for the worse.  As the Fanged Flattooth tightens his grip on the Great Valley, the Gang, now led by Ali, goes off looking for Littlefoot.  Guido, meanwhile, having found out the truth about his past earlier, has gone off looking for answers.  And Chomper, on the run, finds an unusual ally in Dil, Ichy, and Strut in the Land of Mists and learns about their pasts.  This is going to be quite an adventure, quite like the first movie, but with the stakes a lot higher.

The Land Before Time XXV: The Heart Whispers:

Plot: In this theatrical grand finale to the Land Before Time saga,  Littlefoot sets out to find out if Chomper is the villain terrorizing the dino world.  Littlefoot braves going through a valley inhabited by Sharpteeth.  Will this be the end of Littlefoot and Chomper's friendship?   Eventually, Littlefoot confronts the Fanged Flattooth, the villain who is plotting to take over the dinosaur world and has been responsible for many horrible things, including the death of Littlefoot's mother.  Will Littlefoot be able to continue his herd or will the Fanged Flattooth and his sinister minions put an end to our beloved Longneck and his beloved friends?  Find out in this finale!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Before I start with my (hopefully) helpful advice, I should mention that I'm unwilling to set aside enough time to actually read any of these stories. It' not that I'm uninterested at all, but rather that I have other more interesting things that I'd rather spend my time on.

I think it's a very good idea that you've posted something like this. In fact, I'm willing to bet that if you had just posted this list before starting any of these stories, you might have actually gotten more interest from some people. Instead, what you seemed to have done is overwhelmed everyone with a ton of info with no context, making things very hard to understand. I'm not saying this to upset you, but rather to point out mistakes that I think you made, so that you will hopefully avoid making them again in the future to get better results.

I'll be completely honest here, even if I somehow did have the time to read your stories, the one thing that has discouraged me the most from reading them is that you apparently intend to make a series that must be read in a specific chronological order. Yet, what you've done is started all of them at once, and not even one of them is finished yet. If I were you, what I would have done was start the first story, work only on that story, and then finish it before starting the next one, and then work only on that next one and finishing it before moving to the one after that, and so on. (In fact, that's exactly how I had intended to write my series of LBT/Bionicle crossover fanfics. Out of the total of six stories that I had planned, I only completed the first one and made it partway through the second one before I ultimately lost interest and decided to cancel any further progress.) I'll admit that your writing methods may be different from mine, but I personally can't see how anyone can possibly write more than one story at a time without the quality of any of these stories being negatively impacted by it.

I guess my final piece of advice would be to simply not let yourself get overwhelmed so much. Believe me, I've had tons of LBT fanfiction ideas over the years. (Some that I still think that some people might be interested in, and others that, well... let's just say that I'm glad that I never got around to writing them.) I've often found myself struggling to find the time to write even one fanfiction while still setting aside enough time for other activities, and I still do to this day.

All I can say is that I hope you find my advice helpful. There's a lot of other things here on GoF that I've wanted to comment on, but I just don't have the time to do so.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply.   As for the stories, I am nearing completing to Friendly Sharptooth Flyer.    My idea was not to finish anything that might be affected by something that I did in an earlier one that would make me have to really revamp the stories.

On the other hand, sometimes forward thinking helps.  For instance, I got the idea to introduce Alfred, Cera's future boyfriend, in the Threehorn Gathering, and perhaps make the Gathering  a "Threehorn Toughness Contest" which would explain the fight between old rivals Topps and Topps. Sr (Tryus) and some bad Threehorns.  Also, it would be funny to see head butting between Cera and a boy who thought that he could beat her, and either couldn't, or had a very hard time doing so, and came to like her.

I, after getting a commission of a story of a Longneck named Dayo who seems to have similar attributes to what Shorty's past might have been, decided to bring her and Shorty together and reveal not only the bad things that happened to her lately, but try and give Shorty a backstory.  

I wanted to give Spike some family member, and also a story where he actually does much, as he is practically a silent actor as he doesn't talk, and give one where he's practically the central character.   That one would involve a long lost aunt named Stella and a female Spiketail named Lisa that Spike will eventually marry in  a later film (though, admittedly, he marries young, as I forgot that he was Chomper's age.)  

I brought Mrs. Petrie (Perrin) in Hard Water Peak (and also used Hard Water Peak to bring Littleofoot and Ali closer).    I have James (Mr. Ducky) come along in Return to the Big Water.    

So, basically by planning forward, I was able to come up with what I needed to establish what I'm doing in my later ones.  

I even had a TV Series episode tie into film XV where it mentions Ichy coming to the Great Valley sometime before film XV.  Also, I had another one where Red Claw taunts Chomper, saying he might want to spare him just so he can later watch Chomper turn on his friends when he gets older.  

Also, I had to have a reason for Chomper to disappear for like 10+ cold times but not be that he got kicked out by fearful Leaf Eaters.   Hence, I "killed off" Red Claw only to have him come back, like his brother (well, I made them brothers) did, when it appeared that he died in the Great Earthshake when Mama Longneck whacked him seemingly to his doom.  

Mr. Ruby (Oviro) and Mrs. Chomper (Andromeda) don't come along till my finale trilogy (XXIII-xXV).  

I also started to use something in XV where Littlefoot learns that most Sharpteeth don't enjoy the killing part of the hunting and hence starts to view Sharpteeth in a different light than he'd always thought and been taught.  (Littlefoot starts going from not only believing that Flatteeth are all equals, but that they are equal with Egg Stealers, Sharpteeth, and Bothteeth, though he'd prefer that these three groups didn't prey off of him or his kind.  :lol  )

I admit, my films are more of a serious nature than most LBT sequels, and my finale trilogy I think surpasses the original LBT itself and also finishes what it started (a final end to segregation!!!).  

So far, we have 1-14 as the kid saga, plus XV too.

XVI and XVII are preteen sagas.

XVIIII - XXII are teenage saga.

XXIII - XXV are young adult saga (yes, I found a way to deal with Chomper's little dilemma.)

Anyway, Friendly Sharptooth Flyer should be done soon.  I'm only chapter 19 and I think there will only be 21 chapters.  

I know that my LBT final battle is not going to be by water, but here:

I made it during a repeat of the Great Earthshake more dramatic effect.  

Of course, Littlefoot and Ali and the bad guy are going to be fighting near the top of one of those mountains, and have lava all around them almost.