The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2432 · 149080

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Earlier today (as in an hour and a half ago), I had stapled my thumb during math class. I am now at home recovering.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Oct 23 2013 on  12:54 PM
Earlier today (as in an hour and a half ago), I had stapled my thumb during math class. I am now at home recovering.
Ouch :blink:!

That reminds me of a time back in the fifth grade, when someone I thought was a friend started making fun of me over my LBT fandom.  I got so P/O'd at her I slammed my hand on my desk, forgetting there was a pair of scissors in my path (we were in art class).  I had a pretty nasty gash from that :crazy.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Oct 23 2013 on  12:54 PM
That reminds me of an incident in fifth grade, I don't remember what the class was doing, but I started rubbing my finger on the back of a scissor blade in though. I ended up switching over to the blade and gouged my thumb. It was like a little pool for my blood, and it bled a lot.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^^Those two incidents were probably worse compared to what happened to me. It was a very minor incident really; the staple did go through my thumb, but not very deep, thankfully. I went home early because of it, and when I did get home, with the help of my dad's pliers (and a little peroxide), I pulled the darn staple out myself. It's sore for the moment, but it should be fine by tomorrow. Hope I won't be infected...

EDIT: Man, I was starting to sound like Petrie for some reason.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For the last three or four years, I've been obsessed with washing my hands and keeping them clean. I was never really a germaphobic until after I graduated from high school, and I can't exactly remember why I suddenly changed my ways. (My best guess is that I sort of realized: I'm done growing up, so that means my immune system won't be getting much stronger than it is now, so it's time to stop pushing my luck.)

As a child, I never washed my hands, except right after using the bathroom to go number two. These days, even so much as touching the floor with one finger is enough to make me want to wash my hands as soon as possible. This is also one of the reasons why I always wear my jacket whenever I leave the house, because I can use the sleeves of my jacket to grab things I otherwise wouldn't even dare to touch.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just realized this. When temperatures are high (above 70? F) outside, I dress heavy. When temperatures are low, I dress light. I feel cooler when I'm wearing layers in heat and warmer when I wear less clothes when it's cold.  :blink:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I am much stronger than my size would suggest.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Some of you may know that I am a collector of vinyl LPs. Having recently finished counting, I have a total of 491 LPs as of June 2013 (counting duplicates and 10" albums, but not including any blank album covers I might have).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
There is a picture of me that dates back to ~2000 and it just screams "cyberpunk".

What is it? It's a picture of me in Hong Kong. I was standing on a balcony with a set of clip-on mirrorshades, a loose fitting silver windbreaker.

I have to find the picture but if I can, I may post it up.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have yet to see the movie "Frozen", but after something recently happened at work, I think I'll have to see it.

So, part of my job is to dress up in the fashions of the 20's and 30's and lead living history tours of a castle (yes, I get paid to dress up and play in a castle :smile).  Anyway, as I was meeting my group and making introductions, this little girl could not take her stare off me as soon as I said my first name.  As it turns out, this girl is six years old, has Asperger's Syndrome, and her "best friend" happens to be the character Anna from "Frozen".  Her mother told me my looks matched the character, and her daughter thought I was that Anna since in her eyes I had the name, looked "princess-like", and lived in a castle.  Even my long braid looked similar :lol.

Anyway, she looked unconvinced when her mother told her I am not that person, and she even looked sad.  I then got her attention and told her, if she wanted, I could take the place of her friend for the next hour and take her on a tour through my castle.  I don't think anything could've made this girl's day better, and after the tour the girl told me she knows her friend is imaginary, and that she may one day have to let her go so she can do things like go to the movies with her friends or even meet a nice boy, but that she knows where she can always find a "real Anna" if she ever gets lonely.  I thought that was the sweetest thing, and old soul-like coming from a kid that young.  I told her in response that, no matter what she decides to do in her life, to always stay true to herself and the right friends and even right "prince" will  come along :).

That is certainly an encounter I will never forget, and I hope the same goes for this sweet little girl :DD.

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I am allergic to bees and milk. The two times (that I can remember) I've been stung, I only swelled up bad, but I've been careful not to get stung again, just in case I DO have a more severe reaction. I'm also allergic to dairy, but I can handle certain things like yogurt and cream cheese, but not things like Ice Cream, Cheese, or Milk. We never knew that until the last move when a pharmacist told my dad.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's a sweet story :) Haven't seen Frozen myself, I'll probably watch it as soon as it is shown on TV.
Inactive, probably forever.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Watch Frozen. Oh my God, just watch it right now. It's SO good. I've watched it four times and it's just so asdfghjkl I cannot even.

I've dyed my bangs twice now. The first time was red, and now it's purple on the top, pink, then red. I also have really short hair.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
If I eat something that's too hot (as in, spicy hot) I sometimes get a nosebleed.

I've never been in a fight in my life.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^
Do keep it that way, if at all possible.

Every fortune teller I've ever talked to can't read anything about my future, all of them saying something about my lacking a soul...
Eh, so be it.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^That just means you're not susceptible to psychological suggestion

My skin is more resistant to agressive chemicals than that of most other people. I always worked without gloves in the lab.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Apr 24 2014 on  12:46 AM
^
Do keep it that way, if at all possible.

Every fortune teller I've ever talked to can't read anything about my future, all of them saying something about my lacking a soul...
Eh, so be it.
As someone who is very spiritual, I have to say they BS'd you.  Every living being has a soul.  I would never trust anyone who claims they can tell my future for a price.  The ones who can help with these matters without asking for payment are the true helpers.

Have you ever done your natal birth chart?  It can be done online without a price.  You just need to know your full name, exact location of birth, date of birth, and exact time of birth.  Birth charts are perhaps the most accurate future readings in existence.  Mine has been extremely accurate thus far :wow.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Recently, after many years of biting them off, I have finally grown a full set of fingernails.