The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Walking With Dinosaurs

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For those of you who didn't know, "Walking With Dinosaurs" was a three hour long program that was first shown on the Discovery channel back in early 2000. It was about all kinds of dinosaurs from various places and time periods.

I've recently seen TV ads for a remake of this program that includes new research and new theories. It will be on Sunday (tomorrow) at 8:00 p.m. EST. I'll try to watch this if I can. I'm expecting most, but not all, of it to be similar to its earlier version.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Oh don't worry...I'll be watching that show. I've set my cell hone for the time as well!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I recall watching that back when I had cable, enjoyed it.  Wonder how long till the new version comes out on DVD.  I do have walking with Cavemen on dvd.  

Will it have the same name?  A different name, or a sub title to show it is different then the first version?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
From what I've seen, the program is exactly the same except that more current research and theories will be included. I think this would only result in a few minor changes (the title had the subtitle "The Next Chapter"). I still think it's worth watching, though.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Or maybe like I heard they did with Cosmos.  I heard they have some woman talking at the beginning or something to discuss new discoveries since the episode first aired.  Maybe they add on a segment or something like that.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If I'm not mistaken, Walking With Dinosaurs is out on DVD at Wal-Mart.  Been for awhile, actually.  But don't quote me on that one.  It may have been a dream :lol.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think those are the original versions of the programs.  Not the updated version that The Chronicler mentioned above.  I wonder if they'll put them out on dvd with some subtitle to avoid confusing them with the original version.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The shape of the letters in the title were a little different from the one in the original version, I think. I watched all three hours of it last night. One major difference was that explanations from different scientists were shown within the program itself, which did not occur at all in the original version. As for buying the DVD, I think you can buy it online at the discovery website (yes, the updated version).

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's already out? Great.  Do they make it easy to tell between the two versions or does it seem like they took the original version off and sell only the new one?