The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Got Questions? Ask The Chronicler

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For me, it would definitely be The Lego Movie (and its spin-offs and sequel). Prior to that, I loved the Bionicle movies (Mask of Light, Legends of Metru Nui, Web of Shadows, and The Legend Reborn), and I also liked Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers.

What can I say? I'm obviously a Lego fanatic. :D

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you play video games? If so, do you have a favourite game(s)?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:39:48 PM by StardustSoldier »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
What’s the most rage inducing game you’ve ever played?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, I'm currently going through a whole bunch of Lego video games. I've been posting my thoughts on each of them in the "Whatcha Playin'?" topic in the "Gamers Zone" subforum, so you can read through all of my posts there ever since I started this marathon back in January 2018. In fact, I have just barely finished one of them today, so expect to see me post my thoughts on it sometime in the next few days. Before I had started trying all of these Lego games (going as far back as 2007), my favorite was Bionicle Heroes (from 2006). Currently, my favorite game is The Lego Movie Videogame, though that might change as I eventually get around to some more recent Lego games (the most likely contender being Lego City Undercover).

2, Although I used to play a whole bunch of different games back in the early 2000s, I can't seem to recall any that really frustrated me more than occasionally. More recently, however, I used to play Civiliation V (played it from early 2013 to late 2017, so that's a five year period for just one game), and although I was content with playing at the easiest difficulty setting whenever I could, I wanted to unlock all of the achievements (I play on Steam). Many of those achievements were simple and straightforward, even if they often took many hours of lengthy gameplay to accomplish. However, there were other achievements that required playing certain scenarios on the highest difficulty setting. The first few scenarios, I managed to accomplish that, but one in particular really frustrated me endlessly. Even with the aid of all the guides I could find online, I was left with the impression that quite a bit of luck was essential for getting that achievement, and for a turn-based strategy game like Civilization, I really didn't want to rely on luck as a strategy. So eventually, I just gave up and ultimately accepted that I would not be able to unlock every single achievement (though in the end, I did managed to unlock 92% of all those achievements). And since I ended up logging a total of well over 2000 hours of gameplay, I decided it was best to not even bother with any more Civilization games, and that's when I was finally able to move on to those Lego games I'm now playing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:43:19 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What’s the most interesting building you’ve ever seen or been in?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As far as I can immediately recall, I'd say it's a tie between the Empire State Building and the American Museum of Natural History, both of which I visited with my grandparents back in 2003. (Back then, they lived close to New York City, in Stamford, Connecticut, but later moved to Vermont to be closer to my family.)

- Berix

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What smartphone feature would you actually be excited for a company to implement?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't really use smartphones much anyway, so I don't really have any ideas for such a question.

- Berix

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If you could switch two movie characters, what switch would lead to the most funniest movies?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm afraid I have no interest in such a hypothetical scenario. I guess it's just too specific a scenario and too open-ended on possibilities for me to really even bother wasting my time on. How about asking some questions you've already asked other members but not yet asked me?

- Berix

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, that actually was a question I've asked before, but okay.

What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would you want to be?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I've decided that rather than try to answer immediately, I'll just wait until I have time to actually think about my answers.

1, I've actually got two possible ideas for such hobbies, and they both have to do with Lego. If time wasn't an issue, I'd play through all of the Lego video games multiple times, just to see how much progress I can make if I completed them in certain various ways (such as focusing on story levels first or unlocking as much freeplay content as possible between each story level). If money wasn't an issue, I'd collect many different Lego sets, if only to see for myself how they are assembled and what they look like from every angle, rather than just seeing a few pictures online. I could even try getting a huge amount of some basic bricks to use for some massive creations I've be curious to make possible.

2, I've been mostly content where I am now. If I have to go anywhere else, I think I would prefer a large city (Boston or New York are the ones I think of first, since they're the closest to where I am now), as I'd like to live within a short distance of where I'd need to go for my everyday essentials (I don't have a driver's license) along with the assurance that other everyday needs such as water, electricity, and internet would be more likely to remain reliable. Of course, I'm sure such places have their downsides, which is why, as I've said, I'm mostly content with where I am now.

- Berix

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What are some of the best vacations you’ve had? Name a couple.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, The ones that really come to mind are the three times I ever traveled anywhere beyond New England and New York. First, in 2005, my family and I went to North Carolina to visit my paternal grandparents, who at the time had just moved there away from Vermont, and I mostly remember it for being the very first time I ever visited a bunch of states, such as Pennsylvania, Virginia, Tennessee, and of course North Carolina. The second, in 2006, my family and I visited Washington D.C., and among the places we saw, I remember particularly enjoying the Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian, and on the way back we also visited Ocean City in New Jersey. And third, in 2013, we visited my grandparents in North Carolina again, and on the way over I took the opportunity to visit Gettysburg close to the 150th anniversary of the famous Civil War battle that took place there, and bought a few souvenirs that I later sent to fellow member Malte because I knew how much he was fascinated with the American Civil War.

2, My family owns two cats, though my mom and sister are usually the ones to care for them. If I had my way, I wouldn't want any pets at all.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:45:26 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Are you good with languages? What languages do you wish you could speak?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, I'm not really fluent in any language besides English. I learned some French back in elementary school (I've since forgotten much of it), then took a Spanish class in high school (I have managed to remember enough that I could possibly speak only a little of it (and broken, perhaps)). As for languages that interest me, I'd say I'm actually more fascinated by the ones that require a different system of writing besides the Roman Alphabet we're all familiar with (such as Greek, Russian, Arabic, Japanese, and Korean), not so much that I want to speak them, but more like so I could understand their writing systems to be able to read them, even if I don't understand what those words actually mean. :lol  I actually consider it a little fun, like deciphering a code.

In fact, I spent much of last year on a little project of mine where I was curious to see how the names of all fifty states in the US are spelled in different languages, then I extended the project to the names of all the countries and territories of the world, and then finished off with the names of all the planets and moons of the solar system. I used Wikipedia as my source, by simply going to the page of each area and then selecting a different language that page is available in, then simply writing down the title of that page. Yes, I wanted the extra challenge of handwriting all these place names in different writing systems, and believe me, some of them are much more tricky to get accurate than others.

2, I don't really have much interest in music, so I don't have any favorite instrument.

- Berix