The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Movie 4's rain sequence...I have a problem w/ it

Guest · 41 · 3602

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well, we got a rain sequence in the prologue and in the Old one's story, but we only got one in real time in the film. I would have been just fine with it...if it hadn't stopped so suddenly. Seriously, what was witht that? It rained for 36 seconds and then the sun came out. What the heck? Couldn't they have just kept it going? I mean, this "mist-eryious" place is supposed to be quite dark and gloomy, which makes it all the more cooler.  ;)

Hey, wouldn't it have worked to have had "It Takes All Sorts" be set in the rain, and then at the end have it stop, and have the sun come out like we see in the version we know? (Oh, and I would have ended it with an overhead shot of the character walking off into the unknown...that would have looked so cool. Not just some boring shot of the sun.)

I know I'm overanalyzing, but...hey, that's me.  ;)

(As it is, the sequence isn't bad; it just ended at the wrong time.)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Well I think short showers like that are possible. Not very frequent, but still possible.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Any other thoughts on it though?  :unsure:

As it was a rain sequence in the Land of Mists, it was pretty cool, however short it was. I just wish it had lasted until the end of "All Sorts".

Also, it's the last rain storm Ducky and Spike endured before the bee stings, and the last rainstorm Ducky endured before the more painful (?) getting dropped and kocked unconcious as well. A nice one to end to their pre-injury days, although I liked the one in 9 (at the end) and the one in 2 better.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well I think if it played during the It Takes All Sorts song, it would mess up the camera and overall feel of the song. However, it could have rained longer when they meet the mouse :)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well I think if it played during the It Takes All Sorts song, it would mess up the camera and overall feel of the song. However, it could have rained longer when they meet the mouse 

It wouldn't have messed up the camera. I think it was stupid it stopped raining so soon.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Hello? Where is everyone? It seems I've been the only one on here the past few days  :blink:

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Everyone has a life and other commitments dude. Can't expect people to be here everyday.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Alright, it's just I've been getting fewer replies then usual.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Frankly, there simply isn't much to say to this. You made your point about finding a rain scene stupid.
So what? You want everybody to post if they agree or if they just don't care about that scene? Other elements such as pointing out that it was the last rain scene before those bee stings you are paying so much attention to are so totally random that I at least don't see anything sensible that I could say to this.
To talk people need something to talk about.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Hello! I must be going...

I just would like to know if other people would have liked it to have kept going, going all the way so that it would rain during "It takes all sorts".

I mean, didn't it seem a little too coincidental a point to stop? (I'm sorry, I just never liked the scene that follows the storm).

Othere elements such as pointing out that it was the last rain scene before those bee stings you are paying so much attention to are so totally random that I at least don't see anything sensible that I could say to this.

Well, it's a landmark rainstorm because it's the last Ducky and Spike expierienced before that---not to mention the last Ducky expierienced before falling on her back, which was likely more painful then one bee sting, but the amount she suffered? Well, they'd been through a some before the bees but there were quite a few that came after too.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There's absolutely no connection between these events. One could make up uncountable such last time before or first time after some event and still it would make no sense unless there was some kind of relation between them.

Bruton the Iguanodon

It is! It marked the last time something happened before their first serious injury

Also:

I just would like to know if other people would have liked it to have kept going, going all the way so that it would rain during "It takes all sorts".

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think you need to stop obsessing over every single tiny detail, Bruton. Clearly, the rest of us don't find anything special about when it rains, when some one cries or gets hurt, or especially if there's any connection between any such events (which there aren't).

As for why you don't see a lot of people here lately, it might be because you have something the rest of us don't: too much free time. Personally, I'd love to have a ton of free time. I'd love to have time to do things I like, like writing my fanfiction. However, that's not the case for me. I've got college work to deal with, and I'm sure that if you ask anyone else, they'll have a similar reason for not being nearly as active as you. If you really do have so much free time as to check each LBT movie for every single detail, you really should find something else to do with your time, something that won't bother us so much.

Though if you insist on an answer to your question here, I'll just say that I think the rain should have stopped no later than the start of the song. As Ludichris pointed it, I think it would have ruined the feel of the song.

Seriously, please try to stop making mountains out of anthills. <_<

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Bruton the Iguanodon

What "serious injury"?

Ducky's in 6 (and in 4), and Spike's in 6 (serious refering to severity of painfulness, rather then lasting effect)

And how would it raining during the song have ruined it?  :huh:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^I think people are starting to feel their hair rising when this topic is brought up.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well, Darkhououmon had forgotten.

My point being it was the last time it rained before their first serious injury (serious as in seriously painful)