The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geography Game

lbt/cty_lover · 3079 · 147354

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
North Carolina, a US state in the American South. Known for tobacco, the city of Charlotte, the research triangle park, furniture, tar, and the Bank of America company.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Aachen - A city in Germany, it is also the westernmost city in Germany, located very close to the border with Belgium and the Netherlands. It was formally known as Aix-la-Chapelle, which it is still called in French. In the Middle Ages, Charlemagne built the Palatine Chapel (which is now a part of the Aachen Cathedral). In this chapel is where the remains of Charlemagne are buried.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Naples, Utah - A small city of 1300 in the American state of Utah, it is a possible candidate for the location of the Great Valley in the Land Before Time.

p.s. I'm serious about the Great Valley part. It belongs in a valley called Ashley Valley. Like the Great Valley, Ashley Valley is a lush green valley surrounded by mountains. There's a river running through it, and there is a big lake. The Ashely Valley also contains the nearby villages of Vernal, Jensen, and Maeser.

Here's a picture from Google Earth:

(the lake is sort of hard to see, but it's there)

Here's another pic:

I'll explain:
1: Real-life picture of Ashley valley. It's nothing short of magnificent.
2: Picture form Google Earth. Expect for the river part, the picture looks somewhat :p similar to Littlefoot's discovery of the Great Valley in LBT1
3: In the nearby town of Vernal, dinosaurs are celebrated figures, as shown by this sign.
4: The National Dinosaur Monument is located not far away from the valley and is a popular tourist destination.   :p

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Southern Los Angeles, the location of the Great Valley according to some user on Wikipedia whose edit saying this I reverted because he didn't provide any proof. :p

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
San Francisco - The 4th largest city in California and 12th largest in the United States. It was founded by the Spanish in 1776, became a part of Mexico when it gained independence in 1821, then became a part of the United States after the Mexican-American War of the late 1840s. Much of the city was severely damaged in 1906 by a massive earthquake and the resulting fires. The city quickly rebuilt itself in only a decade.

- Berix

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Osaka, Japan - With a daytime population of 3.7 million, it is the second most populated city (during daylight hours) in Japan. Being one of the world's largest metropolitan areas, it has a status as an economic center, and it is often referred to as "the Mecca of gourmet food" for its yummy food.

(are images permitted?)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(Of course!)

Aspen Cove, a small fishing community in Newfoundland

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Ewing , NJ - First settled by Europeans in 1699.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Green River, Utah - Beginning in the Wind River Mountains of Colorado, the 730-mile-long river flows through the states of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming and is the chief tributary of the Colorado River. It is the river that runs through Ashley Valley, one of the possible locations of the Great Valley (see my post above). Its shores were inhabited by dinosaurs (especially in the Ashely Valley), as suggested by fossils. It contains promising oil fields, further suggesting that dinosaurs once lived along its shores.    

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Riverside, California, a suburb of Los Angeles, or part of its own metropolitan area, depending on the source you read.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Erie, Pennsylvania - an industrial city of 104,000 in Northeastern Pennsylvania, its economy is based on plastics, automotive building, and tourism. It was a finalist for the All-American City Award in 2009.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Edison, Ohio. A village of 437 people.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Norfolk, Virginia - a port city of 234,400 in Virginia, it is a very important strategic military and transportation point in America.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. Also one of the world's highest capitals, if not the highest.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Uruguay - a small country of 3.3 million in South America that is amongst one of the most economically developed countries in South America.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yugoslavia, a now-gone state that failed twice, first as a kingdom, then as a communist republic. Today, Yugoslavia has split into Serbia, Bosnia-Herzegovinia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Croatia, possibly Kosovo, and maybe another country that I missed.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(the one you missed is Macedonia)

Auckland - The largest city in New Zealand. With a population of about 1.4 million, it has 31% of the entire population of New Zealand. It is also one of the few cities in the world to have harbors on two separate bodies of water: Manukau Harbour of the Tasman sea to the west, and Waitamata Harbour of the Pacific Ocean to the east.

- Berix

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Democratic Republic of the Congo, formerly known as Zaire. A huge country in central Africa. Mineral rich in copper, coltan, and many other natural resources, but it is VERY poor and stricken with war, disease, and countless other afflictions. Not to be confused with a country to the south of it known as "Congo."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Owatonna, Minnesota, hometown of Adam Young, founder of synthpop band Owl City.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ancona, a city in Italy, not too far from Rome and Ravenna.