The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Insane Cafe 2: Rise of the Shurlups

Nick22 · 2097 · 102400

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dixie and Nani put blanket after blanket on Kenji tucking them in at the corners so they would restrict his movement. Stripetail then examined the wound. the gash was a fairly large one, and the poison had caused the surrounding flesh to become red and puffed up. Stripetail put his paws togethers and cracked his knuckles loudly and let his claws move nimbly. " Alright lets begin" He said as Nick handed him a pair of sterile suctures. "Alright I'm going to need some light over the wound so I can see clearly.."  he continued.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Talon set the bandages down nearby and began looking around for a light source for Stripetail.  He spotted a lamp on the office desk and checked to see if it worked.  It did not give him trouble as he flipped the switch and the lamp illuminated the room.  Careful not to snap the wire, he guided the lamp to the cot where Kenji is lying and pointed the light to cover the area around the human's injury...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The lamp illuminated the wound nicely. Stripetail noticede a small black object deep in the wound. 'aha' He said probing the wound. "I think a piece of the shurlup's claw broke off in the wound. Like Bees who sometimes leave their stingers in a person when they sting you, so do shurlups sometimes leaves pieces of their claws in wounds. and the claws often have residual poison in them, so the poisoning can continue for some time after the fragment is left in the wound." He pinched th instrument around the fragment, and slowly , carefully removed it. the object was,, as he had suspected, a piece of the Shurlup's claw. it was perhaps half an inch long and and a little less than that wide. Stripetail set the fragment on a nearby box of bandages.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky watched what he was doing, she'd never seen anyone, even Mim, open someone up to heal them.  "Will you be wanting to put some leaves or any plant parts on the wound when you are done to help it to get better faster?" She asked.  

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail looked at her. "First I have to clean out the wound to make sure it stays clear of infection. Then I'll put leaves on it, bind it and bandage it.. Now" Stripetail poured some potion into the wound. It fizzled and stung as it reacted with the bacteria in the wound. Kenji's body reacted volently, his eyes flew open, and his arms and legs worked under the blanket.  "That must be causing him some pain, judging by his reaction." Stripetail said. he waved the vial of vapors under Kenji's nose again.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hold on" Nick said. reaching out and touching stripetail's arm." We have to let him recover from the potion first, otherwise in his condition we could be making him worse" Stripetail sighed, then looked at him, "Alright".
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Is it ok to leave him laying here, or should he be moved to more comfortable place after the work on his wounds is done?" Ducky asked with concern and some curiosity.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(OOC: Hey, does anyone mind me joining in on this as soon as I've finished reading all of the topic thus far?)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Spyro glanced around the small room. "Where are we?"

"I don't know," Cynder replied from off to his left.

He glanced over and made out the shape of the other young dragon in the darknes. He remembered chasing her into a cloud and then suddenly he was just standing here on solid ground.

"Where's Sparx?"

"You're standing on him," the dragonfly replied from beneath Spyro's foot.

"Oh, sorry," Spyro said raising his foot.

The yellow dragonfly took to the air, his glow illuminated the room they were in and they quickly glanced around. There were two wooden poles with long bundles of white hair set against the wall as well as some poles that ended with stiff yellow hair. Several bottles of something, which Spyro guessed might be potions lined the wall. They were facing what looked like a door. They could hear shuffling noises coming from behind it.

(They're in a broom closet. I don't know enough about the cafe's layout to know whether the closet exits out into where the Shurlaps are.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice stopped as he heard voices in the corner brroom closet. "What the..' he muttered as he walked away from the cot, towards the closet door. "Alright.." He began as he opened the door. Inside was a assortment of brooms mops, buckets.. and .. it was occupied.."Alright.." Nick breathed as he beheld these newcomers. "Out! Come out!"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Ah, it's a hideous monster!" Sparx yelled, hiding behind Spyro's head.

Spyro and Cynder both backed a few steps away from the strange creature.

"You're not going to attack us, are you?" Cynder asked suspiciously.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No" Nick replied, looking at these odd creatures,. One was purple with two crooked horns, a large face, and purple eyes. the other was black, slightly smaller than the other, and was thinner, this one had a face that reminded him a parrot ot toucan, thin and beaklike. it had deep green eyes, like a emerald.  a light moved around in the room, it was a dragonfly... "
_
 Dixie moved over and peered into the room. " Are those.. dragons? But I thought dragons were just mythical." she asked looking at the newcomers.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Oh, you're not going to kill us?" Sparx asked, peeking out from over top of Spyro's head.

"Nope, we're real," Spyro said. "My name is Spyro. The dragonfly is my adopted brother Sparx."

"And I'm Cynder," the black dragoness said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"They look like 4 footed sharpteeth, but I've not seen any 4 footed flying sharptooth that looked like that before, no I have not." Ducky said looking over at the commotion at the broom closet then at the folks that came out of it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm Dixie" Dixie said. "Over theere is my Cousin Scooby, and his owner Shaggy.  The squirrell over there is Stripetail.. and I'll let the others introduce themselves" She said moving over and letting them come out.
_
 I'm Nick' Nick said. "So, Spyro. how did you guys get here?' He asked out of curiousity.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I am Ducky, a swimmer." She said, then pointed to Petrie who managed to sleep through the commotion and goings on, "He is Petrie a flyer, that little longneck is Skitter."

"hello." SKitter said stepping out from the place he had been sleeping under and had been watching the goings on and keeping out of the way.  

"He is Mr. Ace." Ducky said indicating Snoopy who took off his hat and goggles and did a bow.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The trio stepped out of the closet, Sparx still trailing behind the other two.

"We were playing tag," Cynder replied. "We flew into a cloud and then all of a sudden ended up in there."

She flicked her tail at the closet. Spyro glanced around the room. Dixie, Scooby, Stripetail, and Mr. Ace all looked something like the Atwala from tallplains. The dinosaurs reminded him a bit of his own kind, especially the "longneck."

He wasn't sure what to make of the humans, for some reason they reminded him of the apes.

Sparx hovered up toward the ceiling and his attention was immediately drawn to the injured Kenji.

"What happened to him?" the dragonfly asked nervously.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Long story Nick said. "This is a resteraunt- a place where people go to eat.. I doubt you have anything like that where you come from.."
_
 Stripetail glanced up from tending Kenji. 'Welcome to the Insane Cafe.. we now are at fyull capacity.  I am lord Stripetail, seer magician, wizzard, whatever you want to call me.."
_
I'm stitch, this Angel' Stitch smiled a toothy grin. Anngel smiled. 'Hello' She said in thick alein voice.' I'm Shaggy" Shaggy said. "groovy constumes.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: