The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What Time Do You Usually Get To Sleep?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Around what time do you usually get to sleep at night?  When I'm on the schedule I like I get to bed around 5:00am - 7:00am and get up when the sun is already down.  When I'm on my school schedule I typically try to be in bed by midnight.  During the summer I usually stay on the schedule I like and when I have clients booked I try to get to sleep by 2:00am.  What about you?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I picked 3:00 AM, 'cuz that's the time I'm usually in bed by.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Summer: usually 2-3 AM occasionally 4 AM

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have one time that I usually fall asleep by; midnight. If I don't fall asleep by then, I won't fall asleep the entire night. It has been that way ever since I started high school.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I usually go to sleep around 12 AM or 1 AM. Sometimes it's 2 AM, though, and rarely, 3 AM.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I set a bedtime for myself.  11 PM in the summer, 10 PM in the school year.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If it wasn't for me having a late schedule some days, I'd go to bed just after 11 PM.  However, because of that, I stay up until Midnight just to get used to my work schedule.

I did get to spend several weeks with earlier schedules, but they will be gone very soon.  I won't be liking the schedule and I'll be feeling rather cranky. :(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Are you guys kidding me with these 2 AM sleep times?  Its no wonder kids can't stay awake in school. :p  You'll all change when you get older, trust me. :p

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I got to sleep at 5 in the morning. During school it would be 12:30AM and I'd wake up at 3:30AM in the morning. My school doesn't start until 7:20. :lol

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
By the way I did that every school day sleep for 4 hours and remain awake the entire day!

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jasper,Jul 25 2009 on  11:05 PM
By the way I did that every school day sleep for 4 hours and remain awake the entire day!
Yeah man that's the only way to go.  :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I used to sleep an hour or two at night and go all day.  I'd do it for weeks at a time.  I can't do that anymore though.  Unless I get 5 hours, I can't function.  It's strange though.  If I get less than 5 hours or more than 8 hours of sleep, I'm so tired when I wake up that I can't even live.  Even if I sleep for 18 hours I feel more rested if I sleep 6-7. :unsure:

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Alex,Jul 26 2009 on  01:27 AM
The thing is I liked doing that! Very odd, but I liked it. That meant I get to watch Adult Swim and hang out here.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jasper,Jul 26 2009 on  02:07 AM
Quote from: Alex,Jul 26 2009 on  01:27 AM
The thing is I liked doing that! Very odd, but I liked it. That meant I get to watch Adult Swim and hang out here.
Yeah, you get to do alot more stuff. Sleeping is a waste of time. Best part for me is how peaceful night is.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do agree with you there.  Sleeping is a HUGE waste of time.  Maybe when I'm retired and have nothing to do with my life but watch TV I'll think differently but for now I want to waste as little time as possible sleeping.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 26 2009 on  02:42 AM
I do agree with you there.  Sleeping is a HUGE waste of time.  Maybe when I'm retired and have nothing to do with my life but watch TV I'll think differently but for now I want to waste as little time as possible sleeping.
Well I do nothing with my life as it is, but sleeping all day when I retire sounds like a good idea. I was listening to the radio one day (Don't think any of you will have heard of Jim Phillips), and Jim Phillips was on a roll about how much more productive humans could be if we didn't sleep 8 hours a day. He almost sounded mad that he spent all that time sleeping.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You'll all change when you get older, trust me.
Will we all? I admit it is usually (exceptions permitted) more like 1 am for me, but almost never before midnight. ON the other hand I usually have the possibility to sleep till 8 or 9 am. Certain MSN contacts are not usually available at a significantly earlier hour ;)

I do agree with you there. Sleeping is a HUGE waste of time. Maybe when I'm retired and have nothing to do with my life but watch TV I'll think differently but for now I want to waste as little time as possible sleeping.
I disagree. Of course I sometimes regret that the time can not be turned into anything more tangible than the already beneficial state of being awake and energetic enough to get down to business. However, apart from dreams which I rarely remember and which are not under my control the semi-awake state shortly before falling asleep and shortly before really waking up is one of the most creative states for me. I always think of stories in those times and in that state the turn of events in the stories sometimes surprises me too while it doesn't get so ridiculously senseless as in case of many dreams where one does not have any control at all anymore. Perhaps this state of being half asleep but awake enough to maintain some plausibility in the images that appear before the mind is the closest we can get to actually entering the land before time or any other realm of imagination.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For a while, I usually went to bed at about 10 pm, but now that I'm finished high school, I find myself going to bed at 11 pm more often.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls