The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In the land before time

Amaranthine · 2536 · 162589

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
James emerged from behind the bush near Ducky and Cera to get away from the strange dinosaur.

"Wait! I just wanted to get to know you!" the Utahraptor shouted.

"Get lost!" James retorted. He then stood in shock as he saw Anna, Ducky, Cera and Ms. Swimmer. "Wait, more dinosaurs?"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot had returned to his nest, still deeply saddened by what had happened between Zaine and Rob. Normally he had some sort of idea on how to solve a problem, but he had never experienced one like this. "Rob," he whispered again. "I wish there was a way to bring you back." When he finally reached his nest, he noticed that Cyrix was there waiting for him. "Oh, hi Mr. Cyrix." He tried to shake the tears away and cleared his throat a couple times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaine was really in no mood to talk to anybody at this point. The sheer anger towards Rob had taken its toll on him, and all he wanted to do was vent off the steam building inside him. When Rick caught up to him, Zaine wanted to push him aside and continue walking. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like Rick was going to let him go anytime soon. "I hate seeing Longtail like that. I hate it with every ounce of my body, because I feel like sometimes there's nothing I can do to snap him out of it. I don't want anything bad to happen to Longtail. Rob will never understand how I feel about Longtail, no matter how hard he tries!" Zaine was getting angrier by the minute, until he started mildly yelling. "He just thinks he's so damn smart because he created me! He thinks he knows everything and he doesn't!" Zaine was breathing heavily, and out of his surprise it seemed like he was starting to calm down, if only slightly. A tear rolled down his cheek as Zaine confessed how he really felt. "Why did he create me to be so weak? Why couldn't he have created me to be stronger, so I could prevent outbursts like Longtail's?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many emotions were buzzing through Rob's mind, and he hated every minute of it. He felt anything from a range of anger, hurt, depression, confusion and hopelessness. He didn't think Zaine could be pushed that far to the point of attacking him, and he had no intention of doing so in the first place. At the same time, in the back of his mind Rob felt like this was the right thing to do. "Nobody wants me here," he muttered to himself. "All they see is a vicious fast biter, a monster. Maybe it's better that I just leave the Great Valley for good." As he walked, he couldn't stop thinking of Littlefoot. There was so much he wanted to tell him, but it didn't seem like he was going to get that chance now. I'm sorry, Littlefoot. Rob eventually noticed that Longtail had landed next to him. At first he tensed up a bit, but then relaxed when Longtail didn't break out against him. "How are you feeling?" he finally asked the flyer.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Wow! You are getting pretty good," Chomper said "Try saying this: I'm going to the pond" he roared in sharptooth, then explained what it meant.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Von tried to roar what Chomper had just roared. "I gone to the pon...I'm going to the pond." He got it with a little less trouble that time.

"How did I do, Chomper?"
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Great. Now you, Claw," Chomper turned to fastbiter, who was repeating under his breath the new words of sharptooth language.

"I'm doing to the pony... I'm going to the pond", he said.

"That's good. Now say: Goodbye"
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Feeling better Flapper decided to have a walk around the area to see how everyone else was doing and what they were up to.  Some of the other dinos who were feeling better who had been injured in the fight also started to walk over to where they usually lived.  

Mim walked off to find a place to sit down and rest from what she had been doing earlier.  

Grandpa Longneck had finished eating for a while & decided to go on a tour of the nearby areas of the Great Valley to see how everyone was doing in general.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix gave a sad smile of his own as he stepped forward.
"I know it is never easy to see those you care for fighting like that, even when they are new to your home." He then took a moment to look Littlefoot in the eyes. "But what is important now, above all else is that you stand up for them. Show them that you are the stone that holds them together, like a tree holds the leaves. You have to let them see that no matter how many times your feelings are hurt, or how scared you are, that your heart is strong enough to let you look them in the eyes and still stand as if you'd just saved the valley." He stopped speaking to allow Littlefoot a moment to try and digest what he'd said.

~~~~

Longtail faced Rob for several moments before shedding several tears. When the young flyer spoke, his voice cracked with both sorrow and rage. "I am so tired... of being angry all the time! Even when I'm happy, I can still feel my anger deep down inside me, just waiting for a reason to escape!" His voice while still laced with rage, became louder as he started to shout. "I am more than just anger and rage! I am a flyer, but my emotions ruin everything in my life! I'm not afraid to show what I can do, but whenever I get the least bit angry or upset, I just lose control! And the worst part of it all is... that I like it! But I know I shouldn't, I know I should stop and think things through!"

He took a breath and shuddered, turning away from Rob for a moment before speaking again, this time all the anger in his voice was now replaced with sadness and fear. "Even when Zaine mentioned my mother... I was angry, and that is the first feeling I used... even though I really felt sad inside... because he was right... he's always right. Zaine... makes me feel safe, even when I know I'm going to do something that could kill me... he helps me... even when he doesn't know it... I'm tired of being angry, I don't want to be angry anymore, not at Zaine, not at Uncle Cyrix, or anyone..."

Longtail then broke down and began to sob openly. "I don't deserve to have friends, or a family!"

~~~

Rick felt his heart skip a beat when he heard what Zaine had said. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a quarter showing it Zaine in the light. "Zaine" he stated with a sigh. "You of all the dinosaurs I know, are not weak, and you are foolish for thinking such things. You may not have any claws, sharpteeth, or spikes to fight with, but your strength, your true strength lies right here." he said as he pointed to Zaine heart. "You may feel like nothing you do works, when Longtail loses his control of his emotions, but you'd be so far from the truth. In fact, your voice is what brings him happiness. Just being near you, lets him relax even if his face and body doesn't show it right away."

He then flashed the quarter again, being sure to show off both sides. "You see this shiny stone, on both sides are pictures. One of a flyer, and one of a human like me. You Zaine, are the human. Wise, strong, and above all, reliable. Just like Longtail is the flyer on the other side. You two, are halves of the same stone. Where Longtail is fierce and headstrong, you are clam, and confident showing that you two are meant to be friends no matter what."

~~~~

Grandma Longneck had stopped near the fast water and had a small drink as she watched the wind blow through the leaves in the trees with a content smile on her face. "These times, are just so peaceful. I love being able to take a moment to enjoy things like this." she commented aloud to herself.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Rob sighed as he listened to Longtail confess his feelings. He felt terrible for the flyer, as he knew exactly what Longtail had to deal with. "Longtail, if anybody deserves friends and family it's you." He used his claw to gently brush the flyer's cheek dry from his tears. "Look at everything you have been through up until now. Think about where you came from and how you got to the Great Valley." Every word Rob spoke, he meant with the greatest sense of compassion from the deepest parts of his heart. "You did not give up at any point in your life, no matter how difficult things were. You overcame every obstacle because you are strong. You are one of the strongest dinosaurs I have ever met, and that's why you deserve friends like Zaine and family like your uncle. They will die for you because they will never give up on you, just like you never gave up on yourself." Rob couldn't help but smile a bit. He wanted to be as friendly to Longtail as possible to help cheer him up. "Your place, as it always has been, is here in the Great Valley, your home."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaine let Rick's words sink in as he began to calm down a little. He was still a little angry over the whole situation, but at least he was feeling a bit better. Nevertheless, he shook his head. "I know you're trying to help, but you don't get it. You and Rob may create everything that happens to us, but you don't actually experience them. You will never truly know what Longtail has to go through every day, even if you did create him. Just like Rob will never know exactly how I feel about Longtail." Trying not to get too angry he took a deep breath and looked Rick dead in the eyes. "We may not exist in your world, but in our world, everything happens for real. Here, Longtail suffers real pain, and we never know if he will ever stop."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Littlefoot listened to Cyrix's words and he nodded a little. "I just don't want to see Rob leave." I've only known him for a little bit, and yet I feel like I've known him my entire life. There's so much I want to ask him and tell him, but above all, I want to help him. I want to help him get out of his fast biter body and back to his human form" He looked back up at Cyrix, trying as hard as he could not to cry. "I don't know what to do."

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Everybody was surprised to see the unknown fastrunner stumble upon them.

"Of course we're dinosaurs.  What did you expect?  The living dead?" Cera cracked.

"Hey, be nice.  He's probably not from around here," Anna said to the threehorn.

"It is another newcomer, oh yes yes yes," Ducky spoke up as her siblings hid behind their mother.

"He must be.  I have never seen him before," Cera said more nicely that time.

"Is he one of your friends, Anna?" Mrs. Swimmer asked.

"I need to find out who he is first," Anna replied before she looked back to the fastrunner.  "Don't be afraid, we're harmless.  Are ya new to this area?"

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Goodbye." Von was getting better at it. He got it on one try that time.

"This language is more involved than I thought, Chomper. All of these roars and growling, but also lots of clicks and other sounds."
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James could only stare in shock for a few minutes. "No, I'm not from this area," he replied.

The Utahraptor emerged from a nearby bush. "Come on, that's no way to greet someone who just wants to talk," he said with a sigh.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail sighed and let more tears fall down his face, as he knew that Rob was indeed right, but there was still one thing bothering the young flyer. "Y-you're right Rob.... but even now... when I should be getting over this sadness, and feeling happy, I still just feel so enraged... but I don't know why! And... it scares me. I need help... I don't want to lose myself... t-to my anger...." he said between sobs

~~~~~~

Cyrix smiled and held back a short laugh.
"Now, Littlefoot... the answer to your question is an easy one." He paused for a moment before speaking. "What does your heart tell you to do?" he said with a bright almost fatherly smile as he patted Littlefoot on the head.

~~~~~~

Rick sat down on the ground under him and folded his legs as he gave Zaines words a moment to sink in. "I... I suppose you are right Zaine. I will never know how much Longtail suffers. But... maybe we can change all that!" he said with a small but devious smile.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Rob could tell how much pain Longtail was feeling right now, and he was going to do everything he could to make him feel better. "Listen to me Longtail. I know this may be very difficult for you see, but you have to believe me on this. None of this is your fault. You can't blame yourself for anything that you do in your enraged state. It's just something that you can't control." Rob had a feeling what he was saying wasn't helping at all, so he tried a new tactic. "I know I'm not much help, and I'm sorry you're so stricken like this. I wish there was something I can do to help you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not having known Rick at all, Zaine was caught a little off guard by his comment and smile. He had a feeling Rick had something in mind, but as to what was beyond him. "What are you talking about?" he asked nervously. "What are you planning?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Littlefoot closed his eyes and thought really hard. "He won't leave," he concluded. "He'll come back, and we'll somehow find a way to turn him back to his regular form. I don't know how, and I don't know when, but we'll figure it out."

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Anna could quickly sense the others' sudden uneasiness about a sharptooth being in their presence.  To ease whatever tension could come along, she was just as quick to point out an observation.

"Hey, he speaks English, I mean, leafeater.  That must mean he's a trustworthy sharptooth like Chomper," Anna pointed out.  The others simply remained where they were.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Utahraptor turned the others. "Erm, yeah, hi," he said nervously. He was not liking the looks the others were giving him. "Uh, my name's Deimos and..."

James shook his head. "Wait, what!?" he blurted out. This dinosaur had the exact same name as several of the dinosaur characters that he roleplayed as.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Goodbye" Claw repeated after Chomper. He was begining to wonder when Chronicler or Ruby is going to come back. He prefered to set out as soons as possible and get the cure. He didn't wish to feel other symptoms of eating that poisonous fruit. The headache was bad enough.

"Yes, there is many of them. You have to be careful while making them or you could be greatly misunderstood," Chomper spoke to Von.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Hello, My name is Von. I'm going to the Pond. Goodbye" Von was just rehearsing everything he just learned to make sure he got it down.

"Hey, Claw. You don't look so good. Is something wrong?"
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Claw looked at Von, semi-consciously massaging his forehead, "Huh? No.. well... Yes. I have a headache. A long story short: I was forced to eat a fruit, that causes headache first and after a few more days I will be... dead."

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"What? Thats terrible! I feel so sorry for you." He hadn't yet thought that much about the world he was in. He wasn't sure how he could get back to his own world.

"Please don't think it mean of me for asking, but do you know what would happen to us humans if one of us died in this world? Would we end up back in our own world, or what?"
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After eating breakfast and taking a bathroom break, Chronicler was now just standing nearby, waiting for Ruby to return. He could be a patient guy, but only if he knew how long he had to wait. In other words, Chronicler was waiting impatiently.

Finally, Ruby arrived at where Chronicler was waiting.

"There you are," said Chronicler, frustratedly. "Now we can finally get going."

"What's wrong, Chronicler?" asked Ruby, concerned by the harsh tone of his voice.

"Sorry, it's just that I have a hard time being patient if I don't know how long I have to wait."

"Well, don't worry, because now you done waiting and we can begin our journey."

Chronicler nodded and headed back to the cave with Ruby.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls