The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Adventures In ToonWorld

Nick22 · 5645 · 272964

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Glacia returned the serve with ease, playing a more relaxed game than previous. It helped that her opponent wasn't mouthing off to her and grumbling over every other dropped ball.

In fact, it seemed to improve her playing style. This was not to say that she became some sort of tennis god, far from it. A pattern emerged in which every serve from Cindy Bear was won in Glacia's favour... but every serve Glacia made was taken by Cindy. This pattern rattled the little blue dragon's calm, something of which Glacia could be said to have little of.

It didn't help that her brother, Incendia, the ever present orange dragon that he was, stood just by the side of the court... trying in vain to prove even remotely useful at picking up stray balls... even when they hit him in the face. It was about halfway through the first set that he got bored and wandered off. This proved hardly distracting to the game though, for another... more experienced... ball boy quickly replaced Incendia.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thde two were locked at 6 games each. and glacia would serve the first point, then cindy would serve the next two, and it would do back and firth until one of them won by 2..
Dixie and Belladonna were locked in the longest point yet, if Dixie won this point, she could serve for the set without much pressure..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It looked like Glacia would win the match, cleaning up her serve with a surprising amount of skill (or was it luck? She would wonder later), as opposed to her previous serves which had all gone poorly for the plucky blue dragon.

Then Cindy bear destroyed her in the next set. Whether it was some sort of reversal of fate, or more likely... Glacia was letting victory get to her head, it did not matter. Such was her cockiness that she lost two games in a row to Cindy bear.

'I uh... let you have that,' Glacia said to her opponent. 'You needed the victory more than I did. Not that I was going to let you win too easily,' she added.

In all honesty, she was more worried about what her brother would have to say. She wouldn't hear the end of it, that was for certain.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(its sets not games0
 well i did need it Cindy agreed as she shook hands. I have to play Belladonna next, and beat her to have any shot at the finals. Only the two players with the top records play for the championship. You have to play Dixie next. You will have to beat her to have a shot, if she beats you, shes in the finals.
_ Dixie won the tiebreaker 7-5 and held on her first serve. The set unfolded much as the first did with both holding thier serves.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You're not going to get me to give in!" Belladonna called to Dixie, the hellhound's rage increasing.

She jumped into the air to give extra power to her swings.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dixie winced as the bounced bounced and hit her leg. Belladonna won her serve, squaring the set at 6 each. Dixie waited on Belladonna, who would serve first. A win in the tiebreak would give her the maatch..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Time to turn the tables," Belladonna alliterated. She didn't want to lose her first game.

She served the ball, and kept her eyes on it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
dixie managed to return it, and hirt it up the line
_ Come on Dixie " winnie cheered ' You can do it girl! " the Woodpecker cheered. her friend was doing a good job..
 yogi smirked as Cinsdy came back to their seats " Great job Cindy old girl!' he smiled " You did a lot better than I did I lost 0-6 2-6 to Droopy."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
As Glacia exited the stadium, she was struck by a flying blue towel. As it lay upon her head, covering the whole thing, she let out a muffled groan. 'Hello to you to, brother.'

'Here's a towel!' Incendia replied, a little too late. 'I can't believe you lost. You never lose anything!'

Glacia removed the towel, and brushed her forehead slightly with it. 'I guess I can't be good at everything.'

'Says my sister, who defeated the Great Devourer of the Black Canyons.'

'That was a snail, Incendia.'

'Was it? 'Twas a very big one, I remember.'

'You were hiding in a fridge, I seem to recall. Strange how that was possible in the middle of a desert.'

'I was hot, and I wanted a lemon.'

'Lemonade?'

'No, just a lemon.'

Glacia groaned once again. 'No, I mean... do you want some lemonade? There's a stand just over there.' She pointed across the stadium, where the hotdog guy had quickly painted over his "hotdogs!" sign to read "Lemonade!"

'Ooh, yes please. Can I also have some ice cream?'

'There is no ice cream.'

'There is no spoon?! Oh no!' Incendia ran about, arms in the air. 'There is no spoon! There is NO SPOO- oh hey look, a penny!' Incendia reached down, and picked up a bottlecap.

Glacia wondered if the lemonade stand also sold large, blunt objects. For hitting annoying brothers, of course.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
What I can I get for you miss? A nearby vendor asked Glacia ' i got bread, pie and assorted wooden objects.. we've got flags , pans and scorekeeping sheets..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Glacia knew her brother loved pie. If it looked anything like a pie, he would eat it... no matter the flavour or animal that was processed. 'One pie, and some drinks. Shaken, not stirred. On the rocks, and one of those curly straws too, please. Also, a wooden board with some nails in it. Ah, and while we're at it, a score card.'

Might as well keep score, she thought to herself with an evil chuckle.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the vendor handed those items over " whats the wooden stake for.. don't tel me I don't want to know..
The Scorehead held the totals and points from each team..

Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'Yeah, you really don't want to know,' Glacia replied to the vendor.

She found her brother easily. How hard could it really be to spot an orange feathery dragon running around pretending he's an airplane? 'Kneeeeeoooow,' he shouted with arms spread out. 'Hey sis, guess what I am!'

'A Focke-Wulf Fw 190?'

Incendia stopped, and just stared with eyes wide open. 'How did you-'

'Just a hunch,' she replied, shoving a drink and pie into his hands. 'Eat, it keeps your mouth from talking.'

'Thanks,' Incendia said, before stuffing the pie into his mouth with one bite. 'Shrw, whrn drr r grt trr hrve r grr?'

'You're not supposed to talk with your mouth full,' Glacia groaned in reply.

'Rr, srrry?'

Glacia rolled her eyes, and then pointed into the distance. 'hey, what's that?'

Incendia swallowed his pie, and looked out into the beyond. 'Oooh, what, where?' He said curiously.

WHACK.

Glacia had put her newly aquired wooden object to good use.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
did he ask when do I get to have a girL/ Dulcy asked coming up to Glacia with Samia close brehind they were examining the various vendors
 Hes a bit young for you Dulcy" samia cracked. " Dulcy shot her a glare "  I was just asking if I heard correctly, thats all.. she clariffied ' I'm Dulcy by the way, and this is samia... what your name? She asked Glacia
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The large anthro turtle looked around at some buildings and a few people he saw, "I wonder if this is the place those plumber guys are from.  " He said to himself walking along.  "I wonder if all plumber types are like them or if they are unique."

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'I'm Glacia,' she replied, extending her hand. 'And this... this is my younger brother, Incendia.'

'Howdy, I'm a dragon too!'

Glacia rolled her eyes. 'What did you say earlier anyway?'

'I... don't know?'

'Typical,' Glacia grumbled. 'Five second memory. Uh... what's wrong?' She looked to her brother, who had gone a little red on the cheeks.

'A girl dragon,' Incendia coughed. 'Girl dragon.'

'Oh, right.' Glacia eyed Dulcy. 'He's not good around female dragons, except me... but I'm his sister go figure.'

Incendia straightened himself out, and cleared his throat. 'Hello... I'm... Incendia, how do you do? I'm also a dragon... I have wings! Um... nice rack, by the way.'

Glacia's mouth fell open, and she slapped her forehead. 'What a charmer.'

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dulcy blinked in amazement Did you just say, nice rack?' she looked at the young dragon incredulously  then looked at her chest " I'm sure.. it was just nerves.. right?' she gave Glacia a look before shaking her claw. " I mean, besides you how often does he see girl dragons? Dulcy could tell incedia was very nervous.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'That would be almost never,' Glacia replied. 'We live... well, used to live... out in a desert on our home planet. We would get the occasional visitor, but us dragons are very rare out on the Borderland (our homeland). Last time we saw a female dragon, Incendia fainted.'

'What do I do, what do I do?' Incendia said nervously, tugging at his sisters shoudler.

'How about what you usually can't stop doing?' She replied, to which Incendia just stared with confusion written on his face. 'Talk,' Glacia continued.

'Oh right. Hello, I'm talking now.'

Glacia rolled her eyes. 'Preferable to Dulcy and not me.' She pushed her brother so that he spun around to face Dulcy.

Incendia cleared his thoat... again. 'Uh... nice weather?'

'A decent start,' Glacia said, somewhat honestly.

Incendia lifted up his lemonade. 'Would you like a drink?' He said to the femal dragon.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure' Dulcy smiled " You know when you're not making improper comments, you're kind of curte.."
_ I could go for some lemonade too. " We might as well hang around you guys since we're not from here either and there aren't that many dragons around, so we dragons should stick together..
_ Good idea Samia" Dulcy nodded " So what do you like to do Incedia? She asked smiling at him. Looking at her red lips and full form, made Incedia do some weird facial movements..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The little orange dragon blushed a shade of red. He rarely got called "cute", and jsut being called as such tingled his tummy. 'I... um, I like to invent things,' Incendia said, struggling to get the word out of his mouth.

'That's a good idea,' Glacia said, reffering to the idea of dragons sticking together. 'Us dragons are quite scary when in group, even if we are of slightly different species... I would never turn down the chance to stick close to other dragons. Wait... what did you just say, brother?'

'I like to invent things!'

'Oh no,' Glacia shook her head. 'Not this again.'