The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't have much to say about this week's new episode. For me, this was what I'd call a "so crazy I can't watch (outside the privacy of my bedroom)" type of episode (a type I've seen before in many other cartoons that I would never be a fan of, and am glad that so there are so few in MLP:FiM). Not that I'm calling it bad episode, but more like... the kind I'm less likely to watch than others.

What I mean by the crazy part is not that so-called love-triangle, but rather how Rarity progressively makes more and more of a fool of herself. I'm just glad Applejack was able to snap her out of it and get things back to normal. Most other "too crazy" shows I've seen don't even bother to resolve said craziness by the end, so I'm at least glad to see that this case finished with a return to normalcy.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked it overall.  Maybe an average episode.  Not to say bad, an average MLP:FIM episode is still good.  I'd watch it again in the future.  & They introduce a new character.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Rarity needed to go more crazy. I was hoping for another Lesson Zero.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Now that could have been interesting.  We've seem that happen to Pinkie (I think in Party of One), & to Twilight.  Would have been interesting to see it happen to Rarity.  I guess this may be the closest we see to her going like that.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought she got confidence from whatshisname in season 2 or 3, the one where she goes over the top and became a big jerk.  Though like in many shows, seems to have forgotten this event happened, in most episodes.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
First off, I want to apologize for not giving my review of Last Week's Episode.  I couldn't really convey all my thoughts on it.  So I had no idea what to really say about it.  I'm sorry!

Anyways, for tomorrow's episode, Fluttershy tries to fix everything when a popular band's lead singer is out of commission.  Well, we'll see how that goes.

Here's the link for those that will Live Stream tomorrow's episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/mara...ents-today.html

Enjoy and I hope I can get the reviews up soon! :)

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not yet.  I did like it overall.  It had humorous moments.  I'll refrain from saying details to avoid spoilers for those who have not yet seen it.  

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(I'm making this post earlier than usual, since I'm going to see The LEGO Movie soon, and I'd like to get my thoughts on this week's new MLP episode written down before then.)

A rather nice episode. It was nice to hear the return of Flutterguy, from all the way back in season 1. I also found it funny how Big Mac's "explaining" was just Applejack making assumptions and Big Mac confirming each and every one of them. :lol:  I guess any time he speaks more words (or in this case, sing in the first performance) is the only time he's allowed to do so in the entire episode.

As for Fluttershy's "key episode", I have a feeling that will actually be in that Breezies episode in two weeks, based on what I've read. Anyway, I am looking forward to next week's episode, focusing on the CMC and Twilight. I'm interested to see how that will turn out.

- Berix

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0316406120/r...?ref_=pd_cp_b_2

It appears to be a set of three defictionalized Daring Do books. It costs about $75.

Honestly, what hasn't been defictionalized from this show?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks to Equestria Daily, I found that the title and plot for the latest episode is based on the group Milli Vanilli of the Late 80s and Early 90s.  The real life group were apparently a part of the lip-syncing scandal, which eventually was figured out and their fame died very quickly after being discovered.  It's a shame too as I never heard of the group and I chose to give their songs a listen out of curiosity and found them to be good for the most part.

As for the episode, I really enjoyed it, save for Pinkie Pie, which I'm sure a number of you can guess why I hated those parts.

I definitely was not expecting Flutterguy to be playing the role of the replacement.  I mean, at the start of the episode, they nicely showed that Fluttershy has a very nice singing voice that could land her a career if she wasn't so shy about, well, everything.  Still, it was a wonderful call back that I enjoyed.

I did like the songs of the episode and it did have a well written plot.  If it wasn't for Pinkie, I would've called it one of the "perfect" episodes where I can't hate ANYTHING about it.

So yeah, enjoyed it, but it would've been better without Pinkie Pie.

Well, that's all from me.

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do agree.  The return of flutterguy was nice and if one cuts out Pinkie it is a great episode.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
For Whom the Sweetie Bells Toils
Air Date: March 30, 2014
S04, E20
Description: Sweetie Belle ruins a costume for one of Rarity's clients on purpose; Luna visits her in her dreams.

S04, E21: Leap of Faith
Air Date: March 30th
Synopsis: Applejack is doubtful of the Flim Flam Brothers' cure-all tonic; Granny Smith tries it and it seems to work.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting Episodes.   Sounds like the Swetie Belle one may have Luna appear in just 1 scene maybe.  Like in the one where Scootaloo has nightmares.  

The other sounds like Granny Smith may have a decent size part in that episode, and it'll be interesting to see them return.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry that this is up so late.  EqD decided to do things differently this week.

Anyways, for today's episode, Twilight helps the CMCs with their studies. However, problems arise when the girls realize they can use their relationship with Twilight to increase their popularity.

Let's see how this goes.

Here's the link for the Live Streams.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/twil...treams-and.html

I'll post my review when the time comes.

See ya later! :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I often like the CMC, and I consider Twilight Sparkle to be my favorite of the Mane 6, so I knew I was going to like this episode.

Right from the start, we can see that the CMC's "Twilight Time" of studying various things under Twilight has apparently been going on for some time already. That changes when (who else?) Diamond Tiara hears word of this. With Twilight now a princess, this means all the foals see her as a celebrity, which means they now suddenly regard the CMC just as highly, due to their connection to her. Clearly, this ultimately doesn't end well. At least Twilight was able to stay clam through the whole thing, though I can't say the same for Spike.

I really liked all those funny moments in the scene at that fast food restaurant (I forget the exact name they called it). Plus, not only is it a new location for Ponyville, but also Pinkie Pie apparently has a second job there.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe it's to help pay for all those parties that she throws.  Though I guess with as many parties as she throws she likely can get everything at a wholesale price.