The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Speaking of Equestria Girls, what were the times it was playing at everyone's theaters? Mine had it for two days and each showing was only at ten in the morning.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think in the state I live in there was only 1 theater, and not one near where I live.  Though I have seen the movie.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It only aired at 12:00 at the theater I went to.  There was quite a full house of pony fans there.  Even a whole group of girls who dressed up as members of the Mane Six.

There was another place it was airing, but that was at 10:30 AM, which I felt to be too early to make it on time, since I would be taking the bus.

Another reason I chose the 12:00 one?  It was at a location I knew VERY well, and had the easiest route connecting for me.  It's the main reason it won my choice of where to go today. :)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I wonder why the theaters were showing it so early? I mean, most people are at work by then and kids probably wouldn't wake up early to go see a movie. I think it would have been more reasonable to show it like, around three or something. At least then it's later in the day so more people will be off from work/school.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Jul 14 2013 on  10:51 AM
I wonder why the theaters were showing it so early? I mean, most people are at work by then and kids probably wouldn't wake up early to go see a movie. I think it would have been more reasonable to show it like, around three or something. At least then it's later in the day so more people will be off from work/school.
Except that it only aired on Saturday/Sunday.  Most people who work have those days off.  On top of that, all of the days it did show was when school was out due to Summer Vacation.

Your statement really doesn't work, does it? ;)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not going to get into it with you. If you want to be like my friend who makes fun of me for every little mistake I make, go ahead. I do have a few choice words I'd like to say but I instead choose not to.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Girls, girls girls... Relax. You're both beautiful.

Also, related to MLP... I found this fellow at Anthrocon:

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Aww, thank you sweetie! That makes me feel a lot better *huggles*

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice picture, thanks for sharing.  That looks like a well made costume.  Hope it wasn't to hot for the person.   I heard one say it's sorta like wearing a carpet.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For those who missed it in theaters, there will be a TV airing of Equestria Girls on September 1st.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/07/eque...ing-on-hub.html

I'm sure there will be a few streams when it airs on TV.  I'll post them when it happens. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if the Brony show will do that.  They have shown some episodes as part of their feed, with their commenting on the episode at the same time.  One of times was when one of them did the rules for a drinking game and randomly picked 2 episodes.    Though one of the participants was underage and used Mountain Dew instead of an alcoholic drink.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Comic-Con attendees will be invited to join special guests from Hasbro Studios and The Hub Network's "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" as they share behind the scenes details and a sneak peek into Season 4 on Saturday, July 20 at 10a.m

Meghan McCarthy ?@MMeghanMcCarthy 4t

“@WarCrazy5: EG was amazing and props to you all! But I'm wondering what more can you put these ponies through? What worse?” You’ll see ;-)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Just saw the greatest thing at Comic-Con!

The MLP panel ended with five minutes of storyboards and audio teasers for Season 4! Check this video out!
Check this video out!

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Vale Decem ?@AnthonyPizzano 56m

With the announcement of #mlpseason4 also comes with big rumors. Dont believe everything u read. #brony

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
And now comes the hating. Fans all over are going berzerk, declaring the show ruined. One guy even said that they shouldn't have made the show, despite being a fan of the first three seasons...and all based on a few clips making up the minority of what Season 4 will have.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Julian Yeo ?@judacris 6t

Pinkie Pie's sister will visit Ponyville, meets Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon and becomes a bully. Pinkie Pie sings a catchy song. #MLPSeason4

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jul 21 2013 on  02:07 PM
And now comes the hating. Fans all over are going berzerk, declaring the show ruined. One guy even said that they shouldn't have made the show, despite being a fan of the first three seasons...and all based on a few clips making up the minority of what Season 4 will have.
Just further proof that we NEED to clean up our fandom.  I know mods of various areas are reluctant to do so because of what certain individuals have done to help the fandom before doing something wrong, but if they are guilty of breaking rules, they need to be punished like everyone else.  It doesn't matter who they are, no one deserves special treatment in a fandom.

Pinkie Pie's sister will visit Ponyville, meets Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon and becomes a bully. Pinkie Pie sings a catchy song. #MLPSeason4

Okay, no way I'm missing that episode.  It MUST be seen, if only to see what further punishment a certain tiara wearing filly will get at the end of it.

Can't wait for Season 4. :)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As much as I enjoy the show, it's crap like this that makes me want it to end just so I no longer have to hear all this ridiculous Brony drama.

What's the problem anyway? Season four looks pretty promising right now. Granted, some of it seems pretty strange(won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it/don't wish to be spoiled) but it looks like it'll be a great season.

One thing that's really getting on my nerves with this fandom are the cries of "the show/fandom is dying!!!1111" every time a season ends. Season one ends-"The fandom's dying!!!". Season two ends- "The fandom's dying!!!". Season three ends-"The fandom's dying!!!". Is this going to happen every time a season ends? Because it's really become annoying.

What is there to really complain about? When this season ends, we'll have 91 episodes of pony goodness and maybe even more if we get a season five! If anything, people should be jumping for joy.