The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5636 · 344775

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Spire of Winter)

Captain Carson gestured for Joan to enter the ship. A few minutes later, she emerged. "The ship's cargo matches what's on the manifest."

Captain Carson smiled. "I am Captain Sharon Carson of the vessel RICMS Spire of Winter and I welcome you aboard this fine vessel, Captain Cooper."

Rainbow carefully rolled forward to examine the new ship. "So, Captain Carson, we got some new passengers?" The massive hangar was all one room so the mechanics could move materials and other such goods easily and quickly.

"Yes, Major Douglas," Captain Carson replied. "Treat them as you would any other member of the crew."

Rainbow flashed her wingtip lights to signal her three other companions over.

---------------------

(Skylanders Planet)

Both Dr. Kerzach and Nick had been dispatched to a nearby town to gather supplies. The Cassowary had been assigned to gather various magical goods. Of which he had little knowledge of.

"You want how much for that?" Dr. Kerzach shouted at a draconic merchant.

"Six thousand gems or no deal!" the merchant replied.

Dr. Kerzach walked off in a huff. He soon met up with Nick outside a cafe. "Any luck?" he asked.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, they want 10000 gems for a tri-ball, whatever that is..Nick sighed " Well at least we have time to stretch our legs and maybe find a way to contact stripetail.. The conditions under Chong are just as bad as I remember them.. Nick sighed.. Only this time hes not even pretending that he has to give a darn about our welfare..
 (Spire of Winter
 Kopa and kovu had dicided to borrow genkis videogame sysatem and give the game a try. ' you guys arent half bad genki said walking the two prideland leaders with some intereest.. Hare and Moicki were eating popcorn and weatchiong as Kopa got blasted off a ledge to his video death.. ' thats where the cloak of mists would have been handy genki said. You know way too much about this struff " Kovu said and tossed the controller aside as his character gotr blown to bits by a stray bomb..
 Holly was showing Kiara and Vitani around town, along with tiger and tiogeress
 agumon and aguiumonina were resting in thier room, or at least trying too. stitch angel and lilo were plAYIng cards, with sound effects..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Drake tensed up as the strange vehicle rolled towards their ship, his grip on the rubber ball in his hand tightening. Swoop reacted more calmly, perhaps because he had accepted the strange aliens were no threat, or maybe he just understood machines better than his friend and realized that at the moderate speed the plane rolled at, it probably wouldn't do much damage even if it did crash into their ship.

The dragon dropped the ball in shock when the plane spoke. He scrambled madly to catch the falling orb, like someone trying to stick the pin back in a live grenade... His fist closed on the ball and he breathed a sigh of relief. Swoop gave the dragon a strained look.

"We'll take a look at that hotel now, if that's okay," Swoop said, a bit awkwardly.

----------------------------------------
(Skylands)

"Excuse me, but I couldn't help overhearing you," a purple and orange dragon approached Nick and Dr. Kerzach. He looked like Spyro, a lot like Spyro, but shorter and stockier. Darker spots decorated his body, his face looked different, more monsterous some might say, but the genuine concern in his eyes helped disspell any sense of malice it might have cast. "Are you in some kind of trouble?"

-------------------------------------------
(Meanwhile with the "real" Spyro)

Cynder's outburst stunned the purple dragon. He froze and tried to think of something to say. He'd spoken without thinking his words through and now, he had singlehandedly ruined their date through his thoughtlessness.

"Yes, I understand it's just..."

"No, you don't understand!" Cynder snapped, pushing her chair back and hopping out of it.

The other diners looked up from their meals, startled by her outburst. Spyro stood to follow her, but she shot an angry glare at him. He froze in place and watched as she walked out.

"Wait!" he finally shouted. He jumped out of his chair, flapping his wings. His tail hit the back of the chair and knocked it down as he flew over it. "Cynder, can't we talk about this?"

The black dragoness whirled around and Spyro hovered in place. "I don't think we should. Let's just split up for now and think about this, our relationship I mean."

Sypro dropped to the floor. His throat tightened and he had to fight back tears. "But-."

"Please! Spyro... just like me be by myself for a bit," Cynder said, her own voice starting to quiver. She turned and flew out of the Cafe.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
dixie had missed the dustup that had happened after she had left the cafe. she was just out for a walk thinking to herself..
_
Sure Follow me " stripetail said to SWoop and dRake. ' i imsaagine your experience between thrown into a new dimension has been a tryiong one. but you can relax. you are safe here, rest assured.
_
Nick looked at the newcomer and gaped ' er Yeah We are in trouble. You see. we're not from this planet and we're looking for ways to um get some gems for sending.. our friend a birthday gift..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Shere Khan down on his planet had some of the ships in his sights....

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After having fun for a while the ones in the water started to come out.  

"I think I'm hungry again." Guilmon said.  

"You're not the only one." Gomamon said looking over at Joe who looked in his bag.  "I hope I brought enough for all of us." Joe said.

Jason held up a hand waving, "Why don't we go to a cafe or restaurant."He said looking at some of the others.  "It'll offer a much larger variety of food I'm sure."

"Are you sure, digimon can eat a lot." Joe said.

"Sure, no problem.  I'm sure a solid gold coin or a few can be enough, if my credit card doesn't work here." Jason said.  "let's go." He said.

"Yay." Guilmon said.  

===================

Sunburn and Terrafin paused.

"Who is Spyro with, some bad guy?" Terrafin said holding up his hand over his eyes as he looked in the distance.

"Doesn't' look like they are fighting to me." Sunburn said also looking off in the direction.  

"Man, it's been at least an hour since we ran into any bad guys to fight." Terrafin said punching a hand with his other fist.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Skylander Planet)

Dr. Kerzach kept a hand on his switchblade as he watched the newcomer. "We're trying to find some ways to earn money." he said.

-----------------

(Spire of Winter)

Major Lockie, Captain Fairchild and Lt. Martin carefully crowded around the starship.

"So Captain Cooper, what brings you and your ship to this colony vessel?" Rainbow asked as she gently prodded the ship's hull with her pitot tube.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"This is an unexpected detour actually," Swoop replied. "We were conducting a routine goods delivery when something distorted the ether. I had no time to react and we got thrown through the warp. Our life support spell still worked, but the engines can't function in this void, unlike your ship."

"What's a colony ship?" Drake asked. He hadn't heard Swoop mention any vessel with such a designation.

---------------------------------------------
(Skylands)

"Oh, that's not really something I can help with," Spyro laughed nervously. He thought the pair had been in more serious trouble than just needing money. "Well, I might have some cash to spare."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
do you have anyway to send a message through magic? Nick asked 'look' he voiced lowered to a whisprer.. ; we're being held captive by an evil wizard named chong.. we need to find some way to contact our friends . one of them is an immensely powerful wizard named Stripetail..get in touch with him let him know we're here.. wherever here is.. and tell him to get here as soon as possible before chong leaves...
 So this guys a nut huh Trigger happy said twirling his guns. he was, as his name implied, a shoot first ask questions after kind of guy, but he loved bopping baddoiers too. ' well we'll do what we can.. skylands is a bit out of the way there are any other plants with 50 billion miles of here..
 Skylands was a series of island worlds held together by gravity. while they had once been a normal planet, magic and various battles had resulted in lifting large pieces into the air, generating the title Skylands. each island was different, some where filled with volcanoes others were haunted graveyards, others tropical seas..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'Why don't we go over and see what's up.  Maybe it'll lead to a fight." Terrafin said.

"Unlikely, but it would be more polite to head over there and introduce ourselves." Sunburn said.

"Raceya." Terrafin said before he dived into the earth and swim over to where Spyro and the others were.  

Sunburn shook his head, then in a burst of fire teleported himself in several hops till he was close then he flew over to where the others were, getting there before terrafin did.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(RICMS Spire of Winter)

Captain Carson spoke. "A colony ship is a large, long-range starship intended for exploration. If we meet a mineral bearing world we analyze it and set up a test mining operation. If the world is inhabited, we are to attempt diplomatic relations with the inhabitants. However, make no mistake, this vessel is far from defenseless."

In addition," Mr. Bigmouth added as he absent-mindely fiddled with his tricorder. "Because of the internal town, large population, automated factories and resource gathering drones, this vessel can remain operation for decades, if not centuries."

Twilight Sparkle emerged out from the Gold Star's hold. "Oh, if only Princess Celestia could see what we're seeing!" she said. "The wonder of it all!"  

-------------------

(Skylanders Planet)

Dr. Kerzach sighed as he looked at Nick. "So what do we do now?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We mmight as well head into a town to gather supplies ' nick said as they loked over a hill
 a small village was visible in the distance. this looked to be a peaceful place, but yet nick got the sense that things were not always tranquil here
-
 Spire Of Winter

Stripetail strode alongside the group " You will be staying with us forawhile I'm afraid so you'll have to get used to being here...any questions, just ask me or the captain here
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(RICMS Spire of Winter)

"YOu could describe what you've seen in letters to Princess Celesita.  Maybe do some drawings or image copying using spells so she can keep informed and see some stuff we have seen." Spike said to Twilight.

============================

(skylanders planet)

Terrafin pointed and looked.  "They look strange, let's go and see what sort of creatures they are & if they are dangerous." He said before jumping into the ground to swim through it as if it were water.  

Sunburn shook his head.  Then teleported in a burst of flame, appearing not to far off, teleporting through several hops.  Not seeing the need to run when he could teleport.  The last bit of distance he flew, assuming the 2 were likely not fireproof like he was.  

"I've not seen your type around here.  Are you from one of the very distant Skylands?" Sunburn asked as he drew closer to where Nick was.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Skylanders Planet)

Dr. Kerzach spotted Sunburn. He kept his hand near the switchblade clipped to his pocket. He then waited for Nick or Sunburn to make the first move.

-----------------------

(RICMS Spire of Winter)

Twilight's eyes brightened. Her horn flared to life and scrolls, inkwells and quills flew from her saddlebags as she frantically wrote down what she had seen.

Mr. Bigmouth looked at Twilight. "Twilight, you know that you won't be able to send anything across this vast distance, right?"

"Um, how far are we?" she asked.

"About 200,000 kilometers from your planet."

Twilight sighed and continued writing. "Spike," she said, levitating a filled scroll to her draconic assistant. "Could you store this in my room in Winterville Hotel?"

-----------------------------

Rarity was watching Ms. Swimmer spar with one of the ship's soldiers. She gaped at how elegant, yet powerful the saurian Eskrimador's moves were.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Ah," Drake nodded, a thoughtful expression on his face. "We don't have anything like that back home. Lots of planets with everything needed to sustain life you see. But if the Corp keeps up its reckless mining, we'll probably be needing ships like this eventually..."

"What's there to do around here?" Swoop asked Stripetail. "I get bored real fast if I don't have a job to do."

------------------------------------------
(Skylands)

"Hey, Sunburn and Terrafin!" Spyro exclaimed, thrilled to see his fellow Skylanders. "These two seem to be in a bit of trouble. Sorry, I don't know of anyway to contact people outside of Skylands, you'd have to talk to Master Eon about that."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mater Eon? Nick said 'is he your boss or something? Just point us to him.. By the way, how many of you are are there?' Gill Grunt smirked ' Dozens, if you are wondering, dragons, ghosts, undead, you name it, there's a skylander for it.."
_
well you can work on getting your ship back up and running. wintrerville has a library too, in the middle of town, if you like books.." stripetail said as they reached Winterville. ' you'll have to ssign in at the hotel.. but the rates are cheap..
- kopa was flipping through the holotv in thier room, there was a battle going on a history cdhannel, something about cooking humans, and a movie about digging out asteroids.. not much on' the king mutterede, as vitani tried to sleep next to him..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hey Spyro, hows it goin?" Terrafin asked waiving to Spyro and smiling, happy to see his fellow skylander.  

"Greetings Spyro." Sunburn said.

"yea, all kinds of skylanders, and all ages too." Terrafin said, thinking of all the various skylanders he knew of.  

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Kerzach looked around. Seeing as they didn't appear to a be a threat, he stepped forward. "Hello," he said.

He then nudged Nick. "What next?" he whispered.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we try and find a way to contact stripetail. this place has lots of magic, he'll be able to detect it, assuming they're close' Nick said. "We'll hasve to go into town and find some magical items we can use. maybe this eon guy can help..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hello." Terrafin said to the new comers.  

"Greetings, how are you doing?" Sunburn asked the new comers.