The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
After 4 years a new Heartth's Warming Eve episode with Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
That was a pretty good episode although it was a little weird in my opinion to have a Christmas themed episode near the end of October. The characters played off of each other pretty well and I was pretty surprised to hear Pinkie is a twin! I wasn't expecting that. I always figured she was the youngest of the Pie sisters.

Can't say I'm really surprised with how Pinkie's parents spoke. Seeing as how they have that Amish look to them, I thought it only made sense that they would end up speaking like a stereotypical Amish person. I loved the interactions between Big Mac and Marble. Watch out Cheerilee. I think someone's trying to make a move on your man  :lol

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
Even though this is the first time we've heard the official names of all of Pie family in the show itself, those names were actually first mentioned in one of the books that came out some time ago. I've never bothered getting any of those books, but I have heard from people who do have them about certain little bits of interesting information (such as Princess Cadance was born as a pegasus and later on ascended to an alicorn, kinda like Twilight).

Anyway, it was nice to finally have some canon characterization for the rest of the Pie family besides Maud (who we already know very well). The parents, Igneous Rock (father) and Cloudy Quartz (mother) speak in ye olde style. Limestone Pie (the purple sister) is the grouchy manager of the rock farm. And Marble Pie (the dark grey sister) is very shy and never says anything besides "Mmhmm." In fact, this is the very first time we've ever seen the latter two as they are in present day, so we now have not only their cutie marks but also their adult hairstyles.

For this episode, it was very interesting to have not just two characters but two entire families interacting with each other, showing the huge contrasting backgrounds that the two main characters, Applejack and Pinkie Pie, come from. Also, the intro showing how Twilight and Spike developed their own holiday tradition served as a nice little hint of what happens later on in the episode between the Apples and the Pies.

Well, next week's new episode is the one that was leaked a while ago, but I've done well to avoid watching it, and I will continue to avoid watching it until after it's intended airtime next Saturday.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's finally time!  Time for the episode that was released early on iTunes over a month ago.

Here are the marathons leading up to the episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/10/stre...leading-to.html

As usual, won't be able to see any of it, but maybe I'll be lucky enough to catch Pokemon in the morning.

I probably won't watch the episode as I saw it early.  Nor will I be giving a review as I already have after I saw it.  However, I will still make sure to give you all the links for when it's online.

Until tomorrow, see ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ONLINE POST!!

Sorry about not giving the Live Stream Post earlier.  I was too busy this morning.

Anyways, it's now online.  Here are the links.

Note: This will be edited as new versions arrive.

Scare Master - Dailymotion Version

Enjoy!

Next week, Discord Shenanigans.

See ya later! :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I said I was going to wait until after this episode was intended to air to watch it, and that's exactly what I did.

(spoilers)
What I find most notable about this episode is how Fluttershy ultimately decides that Nightmare Night just isn't for her, and goes back to her usual tradition of hiding under her bed. Some could argue that this is just another case of holding the status quo, but that fact is that Fluttershy made this decision after she had made a few attempts to join her friends in their activities. This is a good demonstration of the old phrase "don't knock it until you try it", because the fact is that, in some cases, there will be things that people won't enjoy, even after giving it a try. Just because you're willing to try something new doesn't automatically mean that you'll like it. We already saw that side with Rainbow Dash and reading back in Season 2, so I think it's really nice that we got to see that the opposite result can be just as realistic.

By the way, considering that this episode was leaked over a month ago, I find it interesting that, although the Cutie Mark Cursaders appeared in this episode, they were all wearing costumes that completely covered their flanks. Out of all the post cutie mark episodes, I'm really glad it was this one, because I wouldn't want to imagine what people's reactions would've been like had those new cutie marks been part of that leak.

(end spoilers)

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I did like this episode, and the previous one also. The previous one, I think it was, Applejack learned an important lesson.  This episode I'd classify as while not one of the greats, it was fun to watch and I'd watch it again.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, it seems that the block made back when this episode was released online is still up on YouTube.  So unfortunately, we can't get a full HD episode of it on YouTube.  Sorry, everyone! :(

In the meantime,  I feel like making amends for a certain episode.  I only gave a brief summary on it, but I want to give it the review it deserves.

See ya next time for that. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As some of you know, I made only a brief summary with some of the episodes of this season a while back.  However, I had never really felt satisfied with my short review of Season 5 Episode 12 - Amending Fences.  I decided to watch it again so I could get my full feelings on it.  I want to give it the full review it deserves, but that might take some time.

In the meantime, here's something EqD found.  A Pony Kind of Christmas.

http://www.snacktv.de/videos/various-its-a...o-video/1588525

Enjoy! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM POST!!

I have work to head to in less than an hour.  So, here we go!

Summary: Twilight returns from Canterlot to find that her friends are now best pals with Discord.  What happened in the time she was gone?

What could he be up to now?

Here's the link for the Live Stream.

Season 5 Episode 22 - What About Discord Live Stream

This should be fun!

See ya later for when I review it tonight. :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
Contrary to what the synopsis said, Twilight (and Spike) had actually spent three days straight reshelving the castle's entire library, and thus missed out what their friends did with Discord over the weekend. Interestingly, we never hear the full story about what they did, only that it involved a snake, oranges at the apple orchard, and Discord getting his feet stuck in a pair of peanut butter jars.

I'm sure we've all heard the occasional complaint that Twilight becoming a princess would somehow diminish her character, but this episode has clearly proven that's not the case. Despite Twilight insisting that, being the Princess of Friendship, she shouldn't express negative feelings like jealousy, it's very clear halfway through the episode that she's still just as prone to freaking out as she was prior to becoming a princess. At least she can always count on her friends to help her out.

I also liked that "Back to the Future" reference Pinkie Pie made while suggesting time travel. :lol:

(end spoilers)

- Berix

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have to be honest, this episode didn't feel as good as some of the past season five episodes. The puns really got old right after the first one and Discord's motivation for not including Twilight made no sense. He wanted to prove she could become jealous by...making her jealous? No kidding. We also never find out just what was so hilarious that they couldn't just tell Twilight what had happened. And what was up with Discord having that evil look on his face in several scenes? It really made it seem as though he had some ulterior motive.

Pinkie as Marty from Back to the Future was pretty cool and Discord was great as always. I just think this episode could have been a bit better.

Also, a quick mention for Scare Master. Since the episode was leaked six weeks ago, I haven't been able to find a full version of it as it seems to have been removed from Youtube. From what I remember, it wasn't a bad episode. I liked that Fluttershy tried to give Nightmare Night a try but found it just wasn't her kind of thing. By having her remain not as big a fan of Nightmare Night as her friends, I think it actually gave her more depth than if she were to like it in the end. Two headed Spike was pretty clever as well and Applejack was adorable in her lion costume. My biggest issue with the episode would have to be Fluttershy's idea of something being scary. I know it fits with her character but really? Not being a good host is her biggest fear? So to her that's scarier than twenty foot tall dragons, a reality wrapping demigod (even if he is "good" now), a tyrannical king, a bug queen who can transform into other ponies and eat love, and a centaur who can absorb magic from not just unicorns but alicorns, peagasi and earth ponies? Flutters's has got some interesting standards for what's scary.

I did like what they did with some of the scary scenes though. A lot of them were pretty inventive.

I plan to give Friendship Games another watch and then review it on my Deviantart journal. I already reviewed Equestria Girls back in 2013 and Rainbow Rocks a week ago. If anyone wants, I'll link to all three reviews once the Friendship Games one is up.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, here's something that got me upset about the latest episode.

Girls!  It's Starlight Glimmer!!  She's right there next to you!  Get her!!

*sarcasm*I'm completely sure she'll reveal that she was hiding there come the Season Finale!*/sarcasm*

She was better hidden in Amending Fences.  That's for sure.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't see her even when I watched the episode again and was watching for her.  I guess it'll tie into Twilight mentioning why she took so long to show up at the Equistria Girls movie.  Just a wild guess on my part.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Looking at the episode in full, it seems to only be one of those "mistakes in a few frames" moments.  Pinkie Pie was replaced with Starlight.

I did laugh at a few of the jokes for the episode, but this seems to be the whole point of the episode.  Putting in as many jokes and references as possible while still trying to make a lesson.  Some of the jokes were just cringe-worthy. (Seriously Fluttershy, that was bad!) In the end, whatever happened over the weekend is never told to us and seems to be one of those "you had to be there, but we're unable to tell you" deals.  I really hate those in life.

This episode was decent if anything.

Next up, Twilight and Fluttershy are on a "Friendship Mission" at long last.  It happens to be a dispute that's been going on for years!

Can't wait for Twilight's reaction to finally getting to go on one of these missions.

See ya next week! :wave

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That was supposed to be Pinkie? Makes sense that it'd be an error since Starlight's pretty close to them and yet they don't even notice her.

I wonder if for the season finale, Starlight will make reference to her stalking Twilight in previous episodes. Just made me think that Derpy's had some competition this season as MLP's Where's Waldo character.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM POST!!

Good morning, everyone!  Today, Twilight gets her Map Episode!  The princess has been patient for this.

However, I have to also announce that this episode was leaked early just hours ago.  I'll let you know when a link is available.  As for now, here's the summary.

Summary: Twilight and Fluttershy have been summoned by the map.  They are to resolve a dispute that's been going on for years between two families.

I took a look at a preview and... dispute is putting it lightly.  I'd more say it's a war from what I saw.  Yes, a war episode.  This should be good.

Here's the link for the Live Streams!

Season 5 Episode 23 - The Hooffields and McColts Live Stream

See ya later for the leak! :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
EPISODE LINK!!

Here ya go, everyone!  Still won't be able to give my thoughts until I get home from work.

Season 5 Episode 23 - The Hooffields and McColts - YouTube Version

Enjoy and I'll see ya later! :wave