The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geography Game

lbt/cty_lover · 3079 · 142512

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Adobe Walls, trading post in Hutchinson County that was twice the sight of a battle between white people and native Americans in 1864 respectively 1874. Especially the second battle found its way into folklore in spite of the first being by far the larger encounter (most likely because in that second battle a native American was shot at a distance of between a kilometer and a mile which apparently discouraged the natives so much that they abandoned the attack).

PS: I like how much more detailed and educational this game has become :yes

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The Silver Trail, a Yukon trail originally built in 1950, which has since become a highway (Yukon Highway 11).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Little Big Horn - River in Wyoming and Montana and tributary to the Big Horn River. Sticking with battles between whites and native Americans the banks of the Little Big Horn River in Montana became the site of probably the most famous battle ever fought between native Americans (various tribes of Sioux, Cheyenne, and Arapaho) and American soldiers (the 7th Cavalry commanded by George Armstrong Custer).

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(Speaking of Indian-American battles)

Nine Men's Misery
Nine Men's Misery: a site where nine colonial soldiers were tortured by the Narragansett Indian tribe after the Battle of Central Falls, Rhode Island, during King Phillips' War, a relatively obscure war which killed the highest percent of the American population out of any war America has ever fought. The pile of stones memorializing the 9 dead colonists is considered the oldest veterans' memorial in the United States.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yellow House Canyon - Continuing with sites of battles between Native Americans and white people there was one fought at Yellow House Canyon / Texas between white Bison hunters and Comanche in 1877. It was the last fairly large battle that took place in Texas between Whites and Native Americans.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Rio) Negro - The largest left tributary of the Amazon River. Its name means "black river" because it appears black from a distance, even though it actually isn't. The Negro merges with the Amazon near the city of Manaus, Brazil.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Ohio, a state in the USA. Considered a political bellwether due to the fact that it is not only the "most average" state in the Union, but Ohio's culture, economy, and social setup reflect the averages for the US as a whole. Some parts of the state are poor (inner city Cleveland, rural Appalachia), and some are rich (Suburbs, Cincinnati, Columbus), and the companies with headquarters or major operations there can be used as means of measuring the national economy, such as Proctor&Gamble, which makes consumer products, or Kroger, which is a HUGE supermarket chain.

I'd say more, but it would take a long, long time. My uncle is somewhere in Ohio right now. I wish I knew exactly where. Last I heard it was in Cleveland.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oregon - 33rd state admitted to the United States on February 14, 1859. Before then, it was part of the Oregon Country, which was disputed between the United States and Canada (which was still a part of Britain at the time). Before a war could break out, the disputed land was peacefully divided by the Oregon Treaty at the 49th parallel, the current border between the U.S. and Canada.

- Berix

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
New Jersey - A state  in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States, it is bordered on the northeast by New York, on the southeast and south by the Atlantic Ocean, on the west by Pennsylvania  and on the southwest by Delaware. New Jersey lies largely within the sprawling metropolitan areas of New York City and Philadelphia. It is the most densely populated state in the United States. It also has the second highest median income of any state.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yorktown, a city in the state of Virginia where the British were defeated, leading to American independence. Outside of a monument commemorating the victory, there really isn't very much in Yorktown at all.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Naples - The third largest city in Italy. It was founded in the 8th century B.C. as the Greek colony of Neapolis (New City). It was the capital of the Kingdom of Naples from 1282 to 1816. The city is also famous for pizza, which originated there.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Sodom - A Biblical city, smited by God according to the Christian Bible, and origin of the term "sodomy".

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Menlo Park - Site of Thomas Edison's workshop and now site of a mall.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kansas, a US state in the great plains, a major center of farm and airplane production, and the state which was famous for Brown v. Board of Ed, in which "separate but equal" was struck down by the Supreme Court.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Senegal - A country in west Africa. It was a French colony until it achieved independence on April 4, 1960. Its capital, Dakar, is located on the westernmost tip of the county as well as the continent of Africa. It was named after the Senegal River, which forms its border with Mauritania to the north.

- Berix

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lesotho, the only country in the world completely surrounded by another country, in this case South Africa. It's also the southernmost landlocked country in the world.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^Not quite so. Vatican City and San Marino are both surrounded by Italy.  

Oklahoma, another state in the American Great Plains. Known for grain production, oil, aerospace parts, two significant cities (Oklahoma City and Tulsa), conservative politics, Oral Roberts University, and a low population, especially given that it is one of the larger states in the union.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alice Springs - Located in the geographical center of Australia, it is the second largest city in the Northern Territory. With a population of 27,481, it is home to about 12% of the population of the entire territory. The city wasn't connected to Darwin, the capital of the Northern Territory, by railroad until 2003.

- Berix

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Springfield, Illinois - With a population of almost 120,000, it is the state capital of Illinois and is famous for being the home of Abraham Lincoln.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Djibouti  - An African country which gained independence from France in 1977, but still shares many of its government aspects and culture with France, most notably in education.