The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2439 · 177955

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have quite a lot a fascinations in nonfiction (science and history), but to save some time, I'll mention them here only one at a time on days when I have the time to post here.

One of my many fascinations is the continent of Antarctica. I'm not exactly sure what it is about it that fascinates me so much, but I'm guessing it might be because, in terms of exploring new places, it's kind of like a bridge between the Americas and the Moon. Antarctica is like the Americas in that it was discovered by oceanic explorers and has been the site of many famous expeditions, and it is like the Moon in that it has no native people at all and the conditions there are so harsh that anybody going there will need to bring a lot of supplies for even basic necessities.

One way I can tell I have a mild fascination in something is that I've at least once spent an entire day on Wikipedia to learn more about it. I can definitely confirm I've been on Wikipedia more than once to read about everything related to Antarctica, particularly the explorations of the early 20th century.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Everytime I eat, I feel like I'm freezing cold afterwards :crazy.  It could be in the nineties and I'll still feel the need to cover up, even if the food I ate was hot.  I understand this happens in folks with low blood sugar or low blood pressure, an I happen to have naturally occuring low levels of both :rolleyes.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That I really like Science Fiction a lot. And I love to learn about the Solar System. And I love Raunchy Comedy.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Another fascination of mine is Plate Tectonics and Continental Drift.

In fact, my fascination in this is so great that I've grown bored with "the breaking up of the super-continent of Pangaea 250 million years ago to form today's continents" like it's a TV show I've seen thousands of times. What really catches my interest is everything beyond Pangaea, like the super-continent Rhodinia that existed more than 750 million years ago that may have created the biggest ice age in the history of Earth, known as "Snowball Earth".

I am especially intrigued by the future projections of where today's continents will be going, like how the Mediterranean Sea will become a mountain range in 50 million years and that there will be a new super-continent in 250 million years known as Pangaea Ultima.

I guess this is further proof that I'm one of those guys who wants to hear the entire story on everything, not just bits and pieces from the past and present.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I have gotten into ML: FiM art that features military elements... Fits in with my sig.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm not sure if I mentioned before that my most frequent typo (as anyone who I am chatting with on MSN can confirm) is typing a = instead of a ?
However, I also noticed one almost creepy thing. Whenever I type the word little my fingers are moving on by themselves so I often have to erase when I got so far as to type Littlefo or so :lol
Seriously, whenever I chatted with people for example about the battle of Little Big Horn, you don't know how often I had to correct the first word of that river's name during the chats :p

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm a obsolete cat nut  :lol

Sometimes I talk about cars a bit too much though.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I like to laugh at jokes that I shouldn't laugh at.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't drink the bottom of a cup. Every time I have a drink, I'll get to the bottom of the cup and pour out whatever is left. I don't know why.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
For me I drink the whole cup of whatever it is. Because I don't like to waste it.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Are you saying I'm wasteful?
Since I only ever drink water, I pour whatever is left to a plant in the house. So  :p

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have a very big history of roleplaying on to many forums.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
No it's your choice if you do that.

I use to role play a lot back in the late 90's. Now not so much anymore. I've Role Played for over 13 years.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have what I call a "wreck" room in my house. When I get mad, I tend to break things near me, which include cell phones, cups, CDs, games, etc. So I made a room in my house and every week I go buy stuff like glass vases, frames, pottery, anything that shatters. Whenever I get really mad I just take a bat and start breaking stuff. After a while, I'm just doing it for fun  :lol:

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
My LBT Fan OC, Redback the spinosaurus, is now my....whatever the dinosaur equivalent of a fursona is. Yeah, I'm a scaly.

Many of my friends have told me that whenever I'm writing or drawin something, I silently read the text out loud, and you can see my lips moving.

I'm a closet brony.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow a waste of money if you ask me. But it's your choice and Money to waste.  

I use to write stories also not anymore tho.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have a perfectly valid reason and it is not a waste of money. My therapist suggested it to me and it has helped me control my tempers.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Sep 2 2011 on  10:27 AM
I have a perfectly valid reason and it is not a waste of money. My therapist suggested it to me and it has helped me control my tempers.
Indeed, the books on alternative medicine I have recommend it for those who need to let out their anger "audibly" and not just visually.  Personally, I use distance running to keep my temper tamed ;).

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
There is a lot better way to do it and not costly and a waste of money. When I'm mad I just go for walks and listen to music instead of wasting money on stuff to buy and than break two seconds later.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been a girl scout since I was 6 years old and am only forced to stop with it in 2012 because I'm moving out of my little town :p