The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In the land before time

Amaranthine · 2536 · 162444

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine couldn't believe how fast the day went. "Wow, I guess I slept through the whole day. It's a shame I still wanted to do something. Oh well." Zaine continued to stroll through the valley when he caught sight of something he had never seen before. It was a strange looking dinosaur, most likely a fast runner, with light tan skin and black fur on his head. Something white was covering his top half (white t-shirt with white unbuttoned overshirt with the sleeves rolled up), and something dark tan his bottom half (khaki shorts) along with some strange looking things on his feet (sneakers). Zaine's eyes widened with curiosity. "What is that?" He decided to go up to it.

Just then, Rob spotted a small green dinosaur heading his way. "Oh great. What's approaching me?" As it got closer Rob could tell that it was a young brontosaurus, or long neck in the LBT universe. As it got even closer he immediately knew who he was looking at. No way. It can't be. He actually exists. Rob blinked several times to make sure he wasn't delusional, but sure enough he was staring at the character he created, and the longneck was staring right back at him.

"Excuse me but I've never seen you around here before," Zaine said. "What kind of dinosaur are you?"

"I..... I...." Rob had no idea what to say. He knew Zaine would not understand what a human is, so for now he had to try and pose as one of them as impossible as it would be. "I guess I'm a fast runner." Zaine skeptically glanced around Rob.

"Where's your tail?"

"Well, I'm a......." Rob had no idea what to say. "I'm kind of a special dinosaur. My tail should have grown by now but for some reason it never did. I've been like this ever since I can remember." Rob felt like a complete and total idiot with every word, but it wasn't like he had much of a choice.

"Ok...." All of a sudden Zaine started laughing as hard as he could. After a couple seconds he stopped and smiled. "I'm sorry that was rude of me, but you are the funniest fast runner I have ever met." He laughed some more, and Rob faked a smile knowing his lie worked. "Well anyway, my name is-"

"Zaine" Rob finished. At that moment Zaine grew very wary and a little scared. "How do you know my name?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie went off with his mother.

"Do you have a place to sleep?" Mim asked looking over at Flapper.  

"Not as of yet." Flapper said shaking his head.

"Perhaps you can spend the night were we sleep, till you find a place of your own tomorrow." Grandpa Longneck said.

"Thanks, that sounds like a good idea." Flapper said.

"I'll see you both tomorrow perhaps." Mim said, waiving and heading off to where she usually slept, closer to where the swimmers usually slept.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
(I was not talking to you Belmont...  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :lol )

Tria looked around for her mate, and found him, off in the distance, moving towards him, her pace picked up, going from a brisk walk to a light jog.

Meanwhile...

"Thomas" approached Zaine. "Excuse me... I know that others have brought this up already, but... have I seen you somewhere before?"

A short distance away, Pterano flew back to a rocky crab in the mountians near the valley. He used this little hole as a makeshift nest. It was cramped and unsafe... but it would do for now...

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"How convenient" John remarked as he and Rick departed.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Pterano looked down from his perch on the side of the mountain... the crag he was nesting in was connected to the caves Belmont was about to enter!

"Say! Hello down there! Can you hear me?" Pterano said.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Shall thy enter - ita(yes)"  John thought as he entered the cave, it was roomy, about the size of a small house.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Amy was puzzled when she saw Pterano take off without another word. Of course, she couldn't fly, so then she saw Petrie and his mother flying away and she looked at Flapper and Mim. She looked at everyone else and actually felt a bit uncomfortable.

Maybe I can find Panagea and Guido...

So she jogged a bit softly on all fours and tried to walk away.

I REALLY wish I knew how to fly right now...

She was too shy to ask for help to move around the valley, so she relied on her strength and senses.

Finally she was able to find a spot of green and red and called out to Panagea and Guido and said, "Hey guys! Are you trying to look for a place to sleep too?"
----------------
Little Foot sighed knowing that he never really had a chance to speak to his father, or Shorty, or Ali, he sighed, "Okay grandma...let's go..."
---------------
Mr. Three Horn's eyes widened as he saw the sharp tooth speak to him. So he replied,"Well there is a young dinosaur named Chomper here," Then he turned a little away to see Tria and he smiled, "Hello Tria, are the kids okay? Are YOU okay?" He then looked back at the fast biter. He had no idea what to believe at that moment.
---------------------
Red Claw nodded and looked satisfied. "Prepare yourselves then, because tonight...we will feast."

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ali soon spotted Littlefoot walking away with his grandmother, she attempted to catch up to him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John slowly walked into the cave and examined it, it was dark and there were many tunnels leading into different chambers...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After teaching Ruby a few more complex words, he noticed that it was getting late. "It seems to be getting dark. We should go to sleep soon."

"That is a good idea, Chronicler. A good idea that is," said Ruby. "Would you like to sleep in the cave where I sleep."

"Well, you are the only one around here who I've put my trust in, so I think the decision should be obvious."

Ruby giggled at this comment. "You sure can be funny at times."

"I get it from my family. Of those people, I guess you could say I'm the quiet one." Chronicler then noticed a large stick on the ground. He than looked at the much smaller stick in his hand that he had been using to draw letters in the dirt. He tossed aside the smaller stick and puck up the larger one, which was just large enough that he could carry it with two hands.

"What's that for?" asked Ruby.

"Just preparing myself ahead of time. In a universe like this, you have to be prepared for danger at any time."

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(NOTICE: PLEASE DON'T POST ANYMORE HERE YET. I'm going to write a document of what I excepted from this rp and I want a head count to be. I want people to tell me where they are, what their plans are, and such. SO DON'T POST! PLEASE.)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
(Er... Rat-Lady, I was speaking flattooth, when I encountered Anna, Ducky, Spike and Mr. Threehorn, so in fact he should had understoond everything I said there...)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
(OOC: I'm at a cave and might've encountered Pterano so I'm gonna check it out.)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Myrkin,Sep 16 2009 on  11:52 PM
(Er... Rat-Lady, I was speaking flattooth, when I encountered Anna, Ducky, Spike and Mr. Threehorn, so in fact he should had understoond everything I said there...)
Oh okay...I edited it then. :)

Emeraldsunstone1990

• Chomper
    • View Profile
(This post has been removed and saved on a word document.) ;)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(Emerald, PLEASE don't post here yet. Thank you)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
True to his word, Guido had found Pangaea a stand of treesweet trees heavy with ripe yellow fruit. Pangaea, having not eaten all day, had eagerly clambered up one of the trunks, knocked down several tree sweets, and parachuted back down to the ground using his feathered wings. He was now furiously tearing into one of the juicy, pear-like fruits.

“Wow!” he exclaimed, “You guys don’t call these things ëtree sweets’ for nothing!”

Guido shrugged. “Well, uh...I’m glad you like them. I’ve tried them myself before, and I...I don’t like them that much.”

“It’s a matter of personal taste, I guess,” Pangaea said, taking another bite out of the tree sweet. The physical brain his mind inhabited in this form had apparently come equipped with some basic dinosaur instincts, and the appropriate wiring to control his Microraptor body, but Pangaea’s conscious thought processes had remained unchanged from those of his human incarnation, and that evidently included his personal dietary paradigms.

“Maybe I’ll eat something, too,” Guido said, as he began searching for crawlers.

It was then that Pangaea and Guido had heard Amy call to them, and looked to see her approaching.

“Oh! Hi, uh...Amy!” Pangaea called, waving. (He had a terrible memory for names, and it took him a moment to remember hers.) “Actually, we’re eating right now. Do you want to come join us?”

--------------------------------------------------

Screech licked his chops at Red Claw’s mention of a feast. “Sounds good to me,” he hissed, “Let’s go, Thud!

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Home, sweet home" John muttered, as he leaned against the cave walls as watched the sunset.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Amy smiled as she looked at the tree sweets.

"Thank you, I'd love some." She limped a bit foward to the tree sweets and took some. At first, she was expecting some very sweet, very deligtful sensation from the food, but suddenly, she started making some disgusted faces. She swallowed of course, not wanting to be rude, but she did say, "Hmm very...um....sweet...I think it's a bit too sweet for me though."
--------------------------
Red Claw smiled, with his teeth gleaming in the moon light. He sniffed the air and he told his comrades, "I know where the entrance is to the valley already, so the two of you should go now on the other side." Red Claw, using his nose walked slowly away from Screech and Thud, trying to get used to being blind.
------------------------
Little Foot saw Ali and was surprised and glad to see her, but he responded sadly, "Hi Ali, um sorry...maybe we can talk tomorrow, I have to go to bed now."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Right,' thud said as he began walking with screech to the other side.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Pterano was in the cave, indeed, but he had taken off and flown away.

Pterano landed next to Amy. He saw that she had some sort of interest in him... probably fan-related.

"Hello dear girl. You wanted to see me?" the pterodactyl said to her.