The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In the land before time

Amaranthine · 2536 · 165476

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Claw quickly followed Ruby across the ledge. He tried to do that as quickly as possible. he didn't like heights. Once he was safely on the other side, he turned back to look if other had made it as well.

"Nice move, Chronicler. You saved us much time," he said to fastrunner with a smile. Give credit where credit is due.

"Where we go from here, Ruby?" Claw asked, hoping they didn't have much to travel. This sickeness was getting worse, slowly but inevitably.

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
The dark blue flyer seemed to have a hard time keeping up with Guido, partly due to the glider's seeming urgency and because she wanted to be sure the other two dinosaurs were keeping up. But once she was able to catch up to Guido; she noticed the taller, red glider, then ajacent to them, the eggstealers. She was in midair frozen for a moment, as though being a deer at headlights. However, later on she swoops down states,

"What in the world is going on?!"
---------------
Amy nodded quickly with a small smile, though feeling at unease, wondering if she annoyed Anna in a certain way. Sometimes she read too much into things, or she could not tell what the intentions of people were. This seemed to be even more so in an anamorphic place of dinosaurs. So she stood a bit aside to look around to see what were the happenings around the valley.

Tria then turned to Cera and Tricia and stated firmly but kindly, "Girls, please stick together and stay by me. We can look around to see what is going on, but be sure to stay close. I'm not willing to risk either one of you getting hurt."

Nor would I want to hear it from Topsy. However, she kept this thought to herself, slightly annoyed of how overprotective her mate could be.

She also looked towards Ducky and asked gently, "Would you like to join us dear? Or would you prefer if I take you to your mother? It would not be a problem at all."
--------------
(OOC: BTW, I do not want anyone sneaking up on Hyp at the moment. I have a certain plan for him to secretly follow Pangea, Nana, Sparky, Guido, and the egg stealers.)

Hyp saw the small group go and thought over his choices. He could just stick in the valley and not get a lecture from dad, he could go and join them and risk being told by an adult to go back, or he could just follow them unnoticed. To Hyp's rebellious nature, the answer was clear. Besides, what little harm could following but not actually letting anyone know could be the harm? Not as though anyone would miss him anyway.

At this, he blinked and mentally shook this thought away, no time for thinking, time for action.

The gray dinosaur went about his way in the bushes, hiding, following silently, gentle on his feet, seeing the commotion and suprised to see egg stealers there.

Oh man, this has to be good!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It wasn't long before John found himself in another area of the valley. This one more regognizable. It was then that he caught sight of Pangaea and the others. A suspicious look adorned John's features when he caught sight of Ozzy and Strut themselves.

He slowly moved towards them.

"So ye two are back again, eh?" John spoke as he approached the two eggstealers and his friends.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Actually, I would really like to go with all of you, oh yes yes yes!" Ducky replied in an excited manner before she gently grabbed Anna by the left lower arm.  "It is fun to go adventuring with others.  It is, it is."

"You're so silly," Anna giggled before she returned a glance to Amy.  For some odd reason, she was sensing tension and she hoped she wasn't the cause of it.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Managing to keep up and catching up to the others, she was about to greet Pangy when she saw the little Egg Stealers of PURE AWESOMENESS!! Clamping her mouth shut to keep in a squee, she automatically moved a hand to wave at them before stopping herself half-way and realizing what she's doing. Did she really want to scare them off a second time?! Plus, what would Mrs. Flyer think? Oh boy....this could end up being difficult...

With a smile that seemed to be a mix between friendly and uneasy, she folded her arms to her side and tucked her claws as much out of view as possible. Seeing John and Mrs. Flyer already expressing suspicion and hostility to the Egg Stealers, she slowly, SLOWLY started to inch her way towards Ozzy, Strut, Guido, and Pangaea's side in case things were going to get violent.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
“Meep…” Pangaea softly squeaked as he eyed the small crowd that had suddenly gathered. He was an awkward public speaker (and by his standards, talking to more than one person at once counted as public speaking), but he feared that if he didn’t act fast, someone might get the wrong idea about seeing him fraternizing with the two egg stealers, or Ozzy and Strut could panic and flee the scene for fear that they were about to be forcibly captured and/or assaulted. Either scenario would likely shatter his carefully constructed plan.

“Oh, uh…hi, everyone,” he said, giving the newcomers a little wave. “Don’t worry; everything’s okay here. I’m gonna explain everything in just a moment.”

He quickly turned back to Ozzy and Strut. “Don’t worry, guys; I know them,” he told the pair. “Just stay put and I’ll handle things. And if you do speak, for crying out loud, be polite.”

Pangaea turned around again. “Hey, Sparky,” he called, waving to the Therizinosaurus.

He spun back to face the egg stealers. “Remember, DON’T. RUN.” he said to them sternly, waving a commanding finger. “I told you, she’s harmless.”

Before getting down to business, he addressed one more still-tense-looking member of the party. “Guido, drop the stick. This isn’t a standoff, it’s a negotiation.”

Praying that he had succeeded in curtailing any potential thoughts anyone might have had of doing something rash, Pangaea turned to Rebecca, the only individual present who could be called an authority figure of the valley, and the only one who had never been acquainted with Ozzy and Strut.

“Mrs. Flyeróer…Rebecca,” Which did she say she preferred being called again? “these are the egg stealers everyone’s so worried about. This is Ozzy…”óhe checked to make sure he was pointing at the correct egg stealeró“…and this is Strut. Now, I’ve talked with them, and they’re willing to leave the valley as long as nobody tries to hurt them. They only came here because they were starving, and I’ve offered to take them somewhere else, far away from the valley, where they’ll hopefully be able to find enough to eat without harming any dinosaur families.”

Pangaea took a deep breath as he finished, hoping that Rebecca’s response would be favorable.

(OOC: Belmont, is John in his human form or his Brachiosaurus form? Your character doesn’t need to change; I just need to know what he looks like at the moment.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
(OOC:He doesn't have a dino form, so he would be in human form.)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Rebecca quietly heard Pangea's explanation with composure and calmness. However, she was quite wary of the fact that he would subject himself to actually helping these same dinosaurs that were just close to eating beloved eggs from a Great Valley family.

First she looked at Pangaea and then looked back at the egg stealers again while in mid air. Finally, she landed softly on the ground and approached Pangaea, with a hand on his shoulder.

"Please call me Rebecca and...that is quite honorable of you to help our valley." She looked back at the egg stealers with a stern and warning expression before turning to Pangaea and stating quietly so no one else could hear but the two of them.

"Okay, I think what you are doing is honorable, but don't you think you will just get into trouble with them? You don't know what they are like and if they will turn their back on you."

Suddenly, she stopped herself from saying anything else and then looked at the burgandy glider with horror. "Or...do you?"
---------------
Tria lead her daughters to find their father, and on the way, she started making conversation with the newcomers, though while talking with them, it seemed as though she knew them from long ago...somewhere before.

"Anna dear, I just want to thank you again to looking out for the young ones. You seem to be a natural, do you ever think about having children of your own?" She asked with an earnest smile.

Amy walked along side of Anna and the other dinosaurs and became more entranced by the atmosphere that was the valley. Before, she did not notice certain things before she first came to the valley. Mostly due to her trying figure out what environment she was in and dealing with the change. Now she felt like she could relax a bit and take in the scenery.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Who, me?  Oh, I'm not sure I ever want kids of my own.  I'm still young for a human, and there's so much I still would like to see and do.  Maybe when I'm older I'll think about it, but for now I'm not ready for them.  I'd like to have a husband first, but I'm not interested in that either.  I know ya might think I'm a weirdo for sayin' this, but I have no interest in romance whatsoever.  I know I like guys, and I like seeing happy couples together, but I just couldn't imagine that happening to me.  I have a really hard time trusting guys, and that doesn't make it any easier.  Simply put, it's complicated.  I know you're not a therapist, so I'm sorry if I said too much," Anna said as she walked alongside the grown threehorn.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Von ran off towards the sound of the deafening call. When he made it to some bushes to see the egg stealers, Pangaea, Guido, and Rebecca.

-----------------

Chomper and Cutter made their way across the pole that Chronicler laid before them. Cutter almost lost his balance, but Chomper caught him, and they were both able to make it across the gap. "Thanks your that, Chronicler!" Chomper praised.

Off in the distance, two teenage aged fast biters wiating with growling stomachs. One of them was in dark green, and named Guaro. The other, Bo, was clad in dark blue skin. Guaro sniffed the air, and caugfht the scent of their younger brother, Cutter. <What is HE doing here?> Guaro asked. <He's probably just looking for lunch.> Bo whispered back <Is he finally learning to hunt?>
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Daniel landed in a tree, panting as he tries rested. He may have gotten the hang of flying, but he wasn't anywhere near close to efficiently gliding as flyers do to conserve energy. He then looked around and thought he spotted something just in the distance, he could only see it due to his flyer eyes being much better than his human ones. He could just make out the shape of Sparky and the others.

"Aha! Found them" he said to himself and was just about to take off but his tired limbs said no. "Urg...I'll meet them in a minute"

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Jasper was came right beside Von in the bushes and said to him, "So what do you think is going on here? Come to think of it I recognize those two from somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it. Didn't they chase and if not try to throw Littlefoot of a cliff or something in one of the movies? I don't know, but if they are trouble I'm well prepared."

Jasper then pulled out a fifteen inch long knife and removed the sheath. He then said to Von, "If they are causing trouble then it's time for them to bow down to the Jasp, cause I show no mercy against anyone that threatens anyone else's life."

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Good... everyone's across," said Chronicler in relief. As he picked up his bamboo pole, he heard the tree that spanned the gap cracking again. He looked back just in time to see the tree split apart and fall down through the gap. "Man, good thing I told you guys to rush across. I would have been pissed off if we had ended up with one of us stranded on the other side."

When Claw asked for directions, Ruby answered, "First, we still need to go through this canyon, because this canyon is the only place we can go through right now."

"How are we doing with our timing?" asked Chronicler. "Did crossing that gap delay us?"

"Actually, if we can walk fast enough, we might even be able to get there before the Bright Circle goes down, so it shouldn't take us much longer to get there now."

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Having edged as close to the Egg Stealers as she could without possibly making them uncomfortable, she anxiously watched the gathering crowd and the whole situation in general, keeping mostly to herself so as not to make things worse (something she's well-known to do). Hearing the blue Flyer speak, she felt a surge of hope; the grown-up didn't seem too overly angry nor aggressive to the Egg Stealers despite her stern looks. But her relief was short live as Rebecca began whispering to Pangaea. She strained her ears to listen, but soon became distracted as some more strangers joined the group.

She recognized one as Von from her very brief encounter with him and the other....was pulling out a knife. Although she knew Von's friend only intends to use it if things got ugly, she still felt a huge wave of overprotectiveness come over her. She kept a close suspecious eye on the knife, tail automatically starting to curl into a small semi-circle around her precious little Egg Stealers. Speaking softly and politely, she addressed Jasper.

"Um....Excuse me, sir. May you please put that away. I assure you, Ozzy and Strut aren't gonna cause any trouble around here." She smiled a bit. "Plus, your making me a bit nervous."

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Jasper looked at Sparky and thought about it. After a few minutes he finally placed the knife back into his pocket and warned Sparky, "Okay I will, but keep in mind. I can pull that back out fairly quickly and I do have a lot of other things with me that are just as deadly. So if those two try anything to harm anyone here I have something else I will use that will be just as painful as that knife."

Jasper took out his black baseball cap and placed it on backwards on his head. He still was wearing his gloves and crossed his arms, but had his left hand in a position ready to pull something else out of his pocket in case something did go wrong. Jasper was clearly not taking any chances with these egg stealers and was literally ready to protect just about everyone in the valley.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pangaea took a few deep breaths, thinking hard about what he was going to say to Rebecca.

“Thank you…Rebecca,” he said, also making sure to keep his voice low enough that only she could hear him. “Now, let me emphasize that I have always made a point of never associating with the wrong sort of…dinosaurs. And I can honestly say that up until last night, when I ran into those two up by the Great Wall and tried to convince them not to come into the valleyóI can explain more lateróI had never met them in person before. However, I do know them, in a sense. It’s extremely hard to explain how, but yes, I do have a good idea of what they’re like.” He surreptitiously gestured to the two egg stealers. “The, uh…the grayer oneóthe one with the orange eyesóhis name is Ozzy, and he’s the one who’s crazy about eggs. The other one is his brother, Strut, and I think he’d be happy just living on green food like any leafeater; Ozzy just won’t let him.” He lowered his voice to a whisper. “Now, don’t let them know I said this, but as far as I've seen, neither of them are very bright, they’re both really clumsy and not too good at nest-raiding, and frankly, they’re downright cowardly.”

Pangaea took a brief glance back at the egg stealers, and sighed. “But, somehow, even though I’ve never actually met them until recently, I’d really hate to see anything bad happen to them. I pity them, really. Ozzy definitely has a mean streak, but I think it might be that he’s always stressed out because he has such a hard time getting food, and he takes it out on Strut, who goes along with everything Ozzy does because he doesn’t want his brother to be mad at him. Truthfully, I think that under good circumstances, if they were given an opportunity to change, they might not be such bad dinosaurs. I mean, even Ozzy can’t be entirely blamed for trying to steal eggs; just like Chomper can’t help being a sharptooth, I think at least part of it is that it’s just his nature to want to eat eggs. Granted, I think the Great Valley’s nests would be too much of a temptation for Ozzy to allow him to live here, but if we took him to a source of eggs that no one would mind being eaten, I don’t think he or Strut would bother anyone here again. That’s what I’m proposing here. The thing with me is, I don’t like to see anyone get hurtónot even an egg stealer, not even a sharptoothónot if there’s another way to do things that will let everyone walk away unharmed and satisfied.”

--------------------------------------------------

Ozzy and Strut, meanwhile, were looking around terrified at the creatures surrounding them. Even though the red fuzzball had insisted that she was harmless, they were unnerved by the massive-clawed (supposed) leafeater standing so close to them. Even more disconcerting were the bizarre, vertical-bodied twofooters with the loose, multicolored skins, one of which had pulled what looked like a giant, shiny sharptooth’s tooth out of a mysterious fold in its hide, then put it back and taken out a strange black object that it placed on its head.

“What under the Bright Circle are those…things?” Ozzy whispered to Strut.

“Uh…Pangaea tells me they’re called ëhumans’,” Guido replied, having overheard the question and decided to answer it, despite still being a little unclear on what exactly was going on.

“And who’s Pan-jee-uh?” Ozzy asked irritably, obviously not happy being out of the loop as he was.

“Him,” Guido responded with slight incredulity, pointing at the larger glider engaged in conversation with Rebecca, “the guy you were just talking to!”

“But I thought he said his name was ëMike Trapper Gooey’ or something,” Strut said.

“That’s what he said he was, not who he was, Grains-for-brains,” Ozzy hissed.

“What?” a bamboozled Guido exclaimed. “He knows what our kind is called? I’m gonna have to ask him about that…”

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You shouldn't be so quick to anger, Jasper." Von told his companion. "That's a good way to get yourself killed."

After hearing the speech from Pangaea, and the questions of the two eggstealers, he decided to step forward. "Kinda scared of us, hmm? Well, it's okay, we're not here to hurt you. Like Pangaea here, I know you two in a way you'd probably never understand, and would hate for something bad to happen to you two."

He stepped up to Pangaea to talk with him some. "I understand where you're coming from, and I'm willing to help you get these two out of here. It's NOT going to be easy though. I can only imagine what a riled up group of leafeaters would do to some eggstealers, especially since the Great Valley is kind of thought of as a nightmarish place for sharpteeth and the like. What are we going to do, anyway?"

----------------

Chomper was filled with happiness that they were able to trump the crevice, but that suddenly dissapeared when his sniffer picked up a scent again.

"Hey, guys? I smell those fast biters again. And they're closer now. Actually, it smells like they're coming closer still!" Chomper gave his warning, not knowing how much time there was.

Just as the little sharptooth's sniffer predicted, the two young fast biters wee closing in on their prey. They didn't have sight of the group yet, but they could sure smell em. "Let's go see how Cutter's doing on his first hunt, shall we?" Guaro said while navigating the dense foliage.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Jasper slowly approached Von and said to him, "I'd like to help too, but there is an issue I need to address to you Von and the other GOF members. And it's a very personal to me." Jasper then turned to the two egg stealers and said, "Sorry about that thing there, but keep in mind the other leaf-eaters in the valley may not be as nice as some of us are. They are probably just as worse as I am and I've done some things myself that people wouldn't expect for someone like me to do."

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OOC: vonboy: My character was intended to be speaking too quietly for anyone besides Rebecca to hear him, though perhaps I did not make this obvious enough. I have edited my last post to stress this fact a little more.)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(OOC: Since this is in 2009, I'll go with the age I was then.)

Anna glanced up at Tria, whom she had not received a response.

"M'am, I mean Tria, I'm sorry if I was offensive.  I know I'm forward and can be too blunt," Anna said.

"You do not know if you want kids?" Ducky asked curiously as she struggled to keep up with the others.

"Not at this time," Anna replied as she paused and crouched down.  "Come here, short stuff."  Not that she should talk, standing at only 5'2".  Anna chuckled to herself as Ducky climbed up on her before she carried her piggy-back style.

"If I may ask, how old are you?" Ducky asked.

"I just turned twenty-three years old.  I'm considered a grown-up by human standards," Anna replied.

"My Mama was almost your age when she met my dad, yep yep yep.  She told me they did not want to have children right away and waited until my siblings and I were born, yes they did.  I do not really know anything about my dad other than what Mama has told me.  I wish he was still here, yep yep yep," Ducky said.

"I wish he was too, for your sake.  It's good for girls to have their daddy around, especially if he means well," Anna said.