The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Disruption in Time

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky touched it with one hand, "It is like hard water that happens in the cold time, but it is not cold, no it is not." She said.

"A most interesting substance." Mim said as she felt of the glass with one hand.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ali and Shiorty climbed on next, looking around at the strange surrounding. the bus had several seats, and ali moved over to one near the front of the bus, and Shorty sat next to her. 'This thing is really weiird" Shorty said, trying to make conversation.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Me wonder if this be long or short trip." Petrie said from nearby a window where he looked outside.  

Spike sat down and put his front feet on the wall under the window and tried to look outside, since he didn't smell any food inside the bus.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Steven answered Rex's question. "That material is called glass. In this case, its purpose is to allow you to see outside the bus without having the wind blowing in your face, or having to worry about falling out the window."

"That's good," said Littlefoot. "I wouldn't want to fall out while we're moving."

Elizabeth noticed that Guido, Cera, Ruby, Cyrix, and Longtail had not yet gotten on the bus. "Come on, now," she said to them. "We don't want to leave anyone behind."

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Get on.  There are lot of places to sit, there are, there are." Ducky said nodding.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail was still a little hesistant as he stepped onto the bus.
"I just....don't like being confined is all." he said as he found an empty seat and sat down.

Cyrix stepped on next and smiled. "This is very interesting." he then looked to Elizabeth and asked, "Where exactly will we be going?"

Ruby and Cera boarded last and Ruby couldn't help but smile as she replied, "Cera are you scared, because being scared isn't a bad thing."

Cera turned on Ruby as the two sat down.
"Threehorns are NEVER scared! Got it?!"

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Guido get on the bus and sat with his friends.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Elizabeth answered Cyrix's question. "We said we were going to speak with the Mayor, so we are going to City Hall, where he usually works. At least, that's where I assume we're going."

Steven asked the bus driver, "I'm curious, do you know of any plans to replace these buses with newer models?"

"Beats me," said the bus driver. "I've been driving this over-sized tin can for ten years."

This answer was enough to convince Steven to tell the others something. "Alright everyone, just to give you a word of caution, there's no telling how many people or what kinds of people have ridden on this bus before. One piece of advice I'd like to give you; if you see anything on the floor, don't touch it."

"Also, please be decent and try not to make a mess anywhere," added Elizabeth.

"Yeah, you kids better listen to her!" exclaimed the bus driver. "It's bad enough I had to clean up puke from an 8-year-old this mornin'." He then closed the door and released the parking brake. The bus then began to move forward.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Let's just try to enjoy the trip." Mim said looking around a bit and out of the window.  

"That sounds like a good idea, it does, it does." Ducky said nodding.

"Me wonder if we go far." Petrie said looking out and ahead to see where they were going.

"I am also wondering that a little." Diver said, "I guess we'll know once we get there." She said.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
At first, the ride was a little bumpy. This was because the road they started on was in serious disrepair. "I don't understand why the city doesn't just tear up this road and get rid of it," said the bus driver. "Nobody's been using it for years."

"We're using it right now," pointed out Steven.

"Yeah, well, nobody ever thought guys like you would ever come near the city, let alone come to this road in particular."

A few minutes later, the bus came to a 3-way intersection with another road, which was clearly still in use because there were Rainbowface families that lived in the suburban houses that were along this road. One resident was currently mowing the front yard of his house.

The bus stopped at the rusty stop sign, another piece of evidence that this road hadn't been used in years. The bus driver looked left and right, then turned left and continued driving. The bump coming off of the unmaintained road was the biggest one they had went over on this ride so far, but after that, the ride was much smother.

Littlefoot turned to Steven and asked, "Why did the driver stop and look around before getting on the next road?"

"It's part of a set of rules that every driver must follow," replied Steven. "When a driver comes to a stop sign, he must look both left and right to see if any other vehicles are coming. Once the road is clear enough, then he can go. It's rules like these that help prevent a collision between two vehicles, and at the speeds vehicles usually go, such collisions are often deadly."

- Berix

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ali and shorty gazed with interest the  scene they were now pasing through. the road was bumpy.. this was a section of town that had seen better days judging by the road. Ali leaned her head against the glass. "so how far to city hall..?' she asked.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Me hope it no scary." Petrie said, not sure of all this.  

"I am sure it will be all right Petrie." Ducky said patting Petrie on his back.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail had to admit, despite being on the bus he was enjoying the scenery going around the suburbs. "This place were passing through, why does everything look....broken?" he asked aloud.

Cyrix too noticed that many things about the neighborhood was degraded. "Yes, why does this neighborhood seem so degraded?" he questioned Steven.

Cera had decided to take a quick nap hoping to be where they needed to be when she awoke.

Ruby was happy to see the places they were passing on the bus.
"A good day tends to be very good." she commented with a smile.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I heard this is where the poor people live," replied the bus driver to Longail and Cyrix. "Everybody who lives here either doesn't have a job or has one that doesn't pay them enough to make the repairs they need."

"Look on the bright side, at least this run-down neighborhood seems to be quite small," said Steven. After a stop sign at a 4-way intersection, the suburban neighborhood they saw was much better maintained. In fact, the road they were now on had recently been repaved.

"I'm actually not surprised that run-down area is so small," commented Elizabeth. "I heard that this city is among the top 10 best cities to live in on the entire continent."

"Top 10? I think you mean top 5," said the bus driver.

"That's right," said Steven. "We may not know exactly which year we're in, but I know for certain that this city is within the top 5 best cities to live in. That bad neighborhood we just passed through is actually a very rare sight."

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"So this... city... is one of the better ones?" Mim asked, guessing a city was a thing were lots of folks lived, similar to the Great Valley and other places where multiples of herds gathered to live.  

"What of the other flat teeth, and the sharp teeth.  Where do they live, or are they all far walkers?" Diver asked.

Ducky was looking out the window, "Some of the kids seem happy and are playing, they are, they are." She said.

Spike liked the view of all the different green food they were passing, and some of the interesting new sights he could see, including some small hills and caves (houses) that he saw.  

"Nothing to scary here at least." Petrie said looking out a window, "No scary mean, sharpteeth running around look like." He said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail sighed loudly as he commented, "I have a feeling this place is gonna get boring really quick. This place is quiet sure, but I tend to expect the worst when going to a new place."

Cyrix chuckled.
"Longtail try to have an open view of this. A new land, a new expereince...and quite possibly new friends for you as well. You are always saying you don't make enough friends."

Cera looked over at Cyrix.
"Hey what about us?! We're the best of best friends!"

Ruby grinned brightly.
"But Cera, more friends can mean more adventures." she said with a laugh.

Cera rolled her eyes.
"More adventures mean more accidents like us getting hurt, or separated".

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Me no like adventuring." Petrie said quietly to himself, remembering a song he had sung about that.  

"More adventures mean more fun, yep, yep, yep." Ducky said.

"It certainly does." Diver said nodding.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"More friends sounds nice," Rita said, giving Chomper a kiss on the cheek.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"If you kids want to make some friends here in the city, you have a lot to learn about civilization," said Elizabeth.

As they got closer to downtown, they began to go past buildings that took up entire blocks, but weren't more than two or three stories tall since they were further away from downtown than the taller buildings. Pedestrians (practically all of them Rainbowfaces) on the sidewalk were starting to become frequent. The bus stopped at another 4-way intersection, but there was no stop sign. Instead, there was a traffic light, and the red light was currently on.

"Why did we stop?" asked Littlefoot. "I don't see a 'stop sign' here."

"You see, some intersections are so busy that a stop sign isn't enough," replied Steven. "Instead, traffic lights are used. A green light means we're allowed to go, a yellow light means we have to slow down, and a red light means that we have to stop. As you can see, we currently have a red light. when it turns green, then we can go."

The light then turned green. The bus began to move forward, but one car sped through the intersection when he had a red light, forcing the bus and a car in the opposite lane to immediately stop to avoid a collision. Fortunately, the speeder didn't hit anything. The driver of the car in the opposite lane honked the horn, shook his fist out the window and shouted, "Get off the road, jerk!"

"And sometimes there will be some dumb-ass who decides to run a red light," said the bus driver, before continuing through the intersection.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Some people do not know how to take turns, or do not like to, no they do not." Ducky said watching the person who sped through the light.  

"I guess there are some not very nice people everywhere." Diver said.